Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Watchin right now. Who do you guys think came out on top?

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Ohhh my god , my hell inside me ... hey guys ... we need that the womens come back !
    YUUNNK!! (eddie italian)

[This message has been edited by seenbad (edited October 03, 2000 at 09:28 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Personally, I think Bush did better.

For one he answered the questions he was asked (even though you may not like the answers he gave).

Gore repeated the same stuff over and over.

Gore threw out a lot of numbers without a way to back them up.

Bush has a personality.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Stuff No More. Bush won the debate, he seemed more comfortable and like stuffnomore said he has a personality. That pissed me off when Gore kept breathing hard into the mic whenever Bush said something he didn't particularly like.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bush definately continued to regain ground that he had lost over the past month. He was very focused and knew his stuff. Al Bore did also. Certainly, this was not a flawless debate for either candidate. Nonetheless, I think Bush gained more from it than did Gore. From a personal standpoint, being 17, I can't vote anyway, but if I could, I would vote for Bush. Gore once again confirmed my previous perception of the VP both character-wise and as a politician. He is an un-trustworthy, manipulative, and capricious candidate. (And I lost all respect for Lieberman when I heard he supports Louis Ferekhan. Good old Joe) The man has changed his stance on oil and enviormental issues so many times over the past eight years, it makes one's head spin. No matter how many times he puts on that fake grin and retorts in that condescending lisp, the fact remains, Bush is the lesser of the two evils.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

What was the question? Good lord, these guys are a couple of tools. Bush is the lesser evil IMO. Vote Libertarian. Harry Brown would stupify these guys.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Ohhh my god , my hell inside me ... hey guys ... we need that the womens come back !
    YUUNNK!! (eddie italian)

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm not gonna get political...

Just wanted to say...

Lord Shifty for Pres.!

Word!

(All right, I've embarrassed myself sufficiently for the evening. LOL.)

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What fucking debate did you guys watch?

Gore knew his numbers. Junior couldn't even quote his own. All the little jokes about "fuzzy math" won't hide the fact that George Bush Jr doesn't have a clue what the specifics of "his" plan are.

Other brilliant Junior observations....

"I don't believe in liberal activist judges" on the Supreme Court. Of course not, but you can bet your mirror and straw that he believes in conservative activist judges.

"It's not the President's job to decide what's right and wrong" - except when it suits GOP interests of course.

Junior looked like a third grader, wishing his Daddy would come up on stage and bail him out. I knew he would look like an idiot, but he exceeded even my expectations. Watching Bush's body language (much like his father's in 1992, looking at his watch, etc.) it was obvious that he knew he was getting his ass kicked.

Gore avoided the opportunity to respond in kind to the personal attacks and stuck to the issues. He was prepared to debate the facts, Bush wasn't. No big surprise there.

Next up.... Lieberman vs. Cheney. who knows, I've never heard Cheney debate anything, but Lieberman is good at speaking his mind. It could be interesting....

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

What FORD said

See, there are a few things we agree on!

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
    G4
    "MEEEOOOOWWW" -Big Red Allan

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GWB looked uncomfortable at times. Gore seemed more sure of himself and better prepared.

I can see a skit on SNL already......
    Reporter: Mr. Bush, Mr. Bush what is 4 times 3?

Mr. Bush: That's fuzzy math

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

11.21.15 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know what the hell the rest of you are watching, but ESPN has Steve Young and Cal Ripken Jr. in a dead heat to be the next president, with Michael Jordan coming in third, followed by Charles Barkley and some golfers and tennis players...

------------------
    "Layin' the cut straight sittin' on my ass, gettin' my drink on and my snack on, chillin' wit a flat spliff..."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It bugged me, the way Bush kept trying to make it sound like Gore has been the President for the last 8 years. Between that and the "fuzzy math" I was a little disappointed. Does he take the voting public for fools who aren't interested in the numbers? Does he think that we don't know who's been sitting in the big chair lately? I would have thought that his handlers would have prepped him for hard numbers.

I really wish that Gore would have gone after him more. What we saw was a pretty dull debate. Gore would mention that Bush was saying something other than his published plans, and Bush would respond by saying "fuzzy math," or "Washington insider."

FORD, you're right on with the quotes. The one about not deciding right or wrong was interesting to me. That's at the heart of the job. What is it right for the US to do? What is it wrong for the US to do? If Bush doesn't understand that, why is he even there?

What it boiled down to to me was Bush talked sound bites, and Gore talked issues and numbers. DO NOT take this the wrong way, but Bush seems to be trying to appeal to people who aren't quite so bright. That's just my opinion, and doesn't reflect on anyone who's posted to this thread.

Fuzzy math kicks ass.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Mikel....I don't think he was trying to appeal to people not so bright...He is just not bright.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Same difference!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm really sorry that there are still ignorant, uninformed, immature pinko-communist wanna-bes whose liberal views continue to plague this nation like a nasty herpes virus.

Then again, you are the same people who will pirate the next VH CD from Napster because you can get it without paying for it.

If any of you demoRATS had any shred of common sense and an ability to look PAST the next 5 minutes of your self-centered, hedonistic, idealistic bullshit lives, you'd see Al Bore for what he is-the greatest threat to our fine Republic since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

But hey, if you folks want to spend $6 a gallon for gas, or have to buy a new electric car, or see your tax dollars (if you PAY taxes) get wasted on bullshit like welfare, HUD, protection fees of illegal aliens (like Elian), the department of education (an oxymoron if ever there was one), and watch prices of domestic products RISE (due to the ridiculous costs manufacturers will have to pay to be more environment-friendly, even though 1 well-placed volcanic eruption will pollute more than we could even conceive of doing ourselves) while imports become more affordable and put American workers out of their jobs, hey, go right ahead. If you like a government that SUPPORTS the drug trade to claim a 'war on drugs' for P.R. purposes, so be it. If you like a government that thinks abortion is a great form of birth control, go right ahead. If you want a government that controls YOUR medical care decisions for you (except, of course, when dealing with gynecologists--gotta win the women's votes), then enjoy it. If you think liberal policies have been doing a good job with the nation's schools, maybe you should look around one-the average college graduate of today has been taught LESS than the average 8th grader of 100 years ago. If you like having a man in office who's in bed with the Chinese, our next great military threat, AND who gets campaign money from them in '92 and '96, that's just great. ETC ETC ETC

Be honest with yourselves, if you can. If you really think Gore is the best choice, you're simply being 'politically correct' and doing the 'nice' thing. If you THOUGHT about it from a logical standpoint, you'd realize he isn't the answer.

By the way, Gore was a joke during the debate; a well-rehearsed but completely insincere joke.

Not that I'm saying Bush is the great savior, but let's get real: If you like Gore, you're a Communist whore!

OK, LIBERALS, (and I KNOW how you hate that label) bring it on! Give me your best shots. I need a good laugh at night before I go to bed.

I hope I've pissed you all off...FORD especially. FORD=Fucking Obnoxious Retarded Dork.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    I'm really sorry that there are still ignorant, uninformed, immature pinko-communist wanna-bes whose liberal views continue to plague this nation like a nasty herpes virus.

Better than inbred hillbilly brainless cross-burning gun nut sister raping fascist pig Hitler wannabes by far.

Then again, you are the same people who will pirate the next VH CD from Napster because you can get it without paying for it.

Don't know about that, but I just got the new Hagar album 20 days ahead of it's release. Haven't made my mind up yet whether to burn it to a CD. In any event, my feelings on Napster are well documented, so you can look them up. I need not repeat myself here.

If any of you demoRATS had any shred of common sense and an ability to look PAST the next 5 minutes of your self-centered, hedonistic, idealistic bullshit lives, you'd see Al Bore for what he is-the greatest threat to our fine Republic since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

The greatest threat to our fine Republic would be all three branches of the Federal Government in the hands of right wing extremists (of which you obviously are one) bent on forcing their FUCKED UP narrow minded fascist agenda (ridiculously masquerading as "Christianity" when it is diametrically opposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ 98% of the time) on the entire nation. They have had KKKongress since 1994. They pull the strings of George Bush Junior, and with his BRAINLESS COCAINE ADDICTED ASS in the White House, they would be in the position to take over the Supreme Court as well, with at least 3 of the justices at retirement age. Ken Starr, supreme court justice.... You would fucking love that, wouldn't you you mindless fucking asshole?

But hey, if you folks want to spend $6 a gallon for gas, or have to buy a new electric car, or see your tax dollars (if you PAY taxes)

I do, unlike the billionaires who support Junior, who use every available loophole to avoid paying taxes and then jump for joy when puppet boy Georgie says he's going to cut their taxes even more.

get wasted on bullshit like welfare, HUD, protection fees of illegal aliens (like Elian), the department of education (an oxymoron if ever there was one), and watch prices of domestic products RISE (due to the ridiculous costs manufacturers will have to pay to be more environment-friendly, even though 1 well-placed volcanic eruption will pollute more than we could even conceive of doing ourselves)

So we should do NOTHING about Education (just like Texas), NOTHING about the environment (just like Texas), and let poor people remain homeless? I guess we could kill them? Killing people is big in Texas too. Let's drag em behind our goddamn pickup trucks. Would that be your preferred solution?

while imports become more affordable and put American workers out of their jobs, hey, go right ahead.

Bull-fucking-shit!!! While the greedy fucking CEO's of these corporations pay themselves 7 figure salaries and avoid taxes, they bitch about manufacturing costs and run off to Mexico. What a crock of shit!!

If you like a government that SUPPORTS the drug trade to claim a 'war on drugs' for P.R. purposes, so be it.

If you like a government who is actively involved in the drug trade vote for George Bush Jr. His daddy's been smuggling dope since 1959.

If you like a government that thinks abortion is a great form of birth control, go right ahead. If you want a government that controls YOUR medical care decisions for you (except, of course, when dealing with gynecologists--gotta win the women's votes), then enjoy it.

And if you want the insurance and pharmaceutical companies to continue to defraud every citizen of this country, including the poor, the elderly, people with chronic diseases, etc. with ridiculously inflated prescriptions, vote for Junior. Hey, he never even paid for his coke! Daddy left it lying around.

If you think liberal policies have been doing a good job with the nation's schools, maybe you should look around one-the average college graduate of today has been taught LESS than the average 8th grader of 100 years ago.

Guess that might explain how Junior graduated from college.

If you like having a man in office who's in bed with the Chinese, our next great military threat, AND who gets campaign money from them in '92 and '96, that's just great. ETC ETC ETC

No, we're much better off with a guy who's father (and primary controller) was in bed with Central American drug lords and death squads, and Iranian terrorists. A family who started the Persian Gulf war to protect their own personal oil fields in the middle east. Yeah, now that's a serious fucking improvement.

Be honest with yourselves, if you can. If you really think Gore is the best choice, you're simply being 'politically correct' and doing the 'nice' thing. If you THOUGHT about it from a logical standpoint, you'd realize he isn't the answer.

If you thought about it at all, you would realize that George Walker Bush Junior isn't the answer to ANYTHING except the question "Who is the single most unqualified candidate EVER for the position of President of The United States of America?"

By the way, Gore was a joke during the debate; a well-rehearsed but completely insincere joke.

How was he insincere? He knew exactly what he was saying, based on knowing his plan and specifics. Junior looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Not that I'm saying Bush is the great savior, but let's get real: If you like Gore, you're a Communist whore!

And if you like Junior, you are a Klansman. Makes as much sense.

OK, LIBERALS, (and I KNOW how you hate that label) bring it on! Give me your best shots. I need a good laugh at night before I go to bed.

Try looking in the mirror.

I hope I've pissed you all off...FORD especially. FORD=Fucking Obnoxious Retarded Dork.

What you did, with that idiotic statement, was make this personal. That's a line you may well regret crossing. You need to grow the fuck up and realize that the world exists outside of AM hate radio and what you learn on www.stormfront.org After all, you couldn't possibly be filled with that much hatred all by yourself.

[This message has been edited by FORD (edited October 04, 2000 at 01:22 AM).]