Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I live in Madison...3.5 hours from my parents house in Sturgeon Bay. My parents went on a cruise and my Grandmother was gonna come and babysit my 15 year old bro. My parents asked if I could come up on the weekends to help out...I said sure. So I went home on Friday and stayed thru sunday nite.

Anyway, on sunday afternoon my bro and his friend went out on the ice (we live right on Sturgeon Bay, which is, of course frozen over)...he came back in a while later with a towel wrapped around his waste. My Grandmother didn't see him.

Well, he had fallen through the ice up to his waste and took his soaked pants off on our deck outside so Gramma wouldn't catch on to what happened. So, he ran upstairs, changed and we forgot aboot the incident.....

A couple hours later, I'm watchin the Jets Raiders game when my bro comes up to me with his sock...frozen stiff...he had left it out on the deck and it was literally hard as a rock! the next words out of his mouth were...."I CAN'T GET MY PANTS OFF THE DECK" well, we both went out there and we were both laughing our asses off. the things were crumpled up on the deck, frozen stiff...hard as a rock...couldn't move 'em. after a lot of kickin we finally got em free. I truly believe that if we threw 'em up in the air, they woulda shattered when they hit the ground. so we brought the frozen pants in and ran hot water over 'em till they thawed out to the point where we could get the wallet outa the back pocket.

moral of the story.....WINTERS IN WISCONSIN SUCK!
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

LOL. I lived in Milwaukee my first 25 years. I suggest you go skating, skiing, AND BUY A SNOWMOBILE!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here in MN I was golfing, drinking beer and enjoying the 45 degree day last Wednesday. Now it's 10 degrees and snowing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know man it was up to 53 last week...where the HELL did that go?!?!?!
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    Great story, winter ain't so bad, thank God for hockey. Oops, gotta run and scrape the windows on my car! haha
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You poor people! And to think I was complaining that it only got up to 75 yesterday while I was having breakfast on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. At least you don't have smog and MAD traffic jams that could make God himself bust out a Glock take care of biz.
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dood,I tell ya,man..I live about,oh,a half hour or so south of Madison,but the worst thing is the lack of snow. I mean,if it's gonna be this cold,there could at least be snow for 4x4'ing and snowmobiling. That 50+ down to 2 degrees at night sucks hard.
    Guitar player,extrordinaire(or at least I like to think)<br /><br />"....man,this is Van Halen,and i'm the singer." Sammy-1987<br /><br /><a href="http://www.guitartabs.cc/" target="_blank">www.guitartabs.cc/</a>

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    You guys are hardcore to the bone. I love a good winter snow-ish type thing every now and then, but DAMN! Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kentucky winters are the equivalent of the brain of someone on LSD.

You can have three days in a row of 50-60 degrees and then all of a sudden it's 15 degrees with sleet, and then back to the start with the warm weather. Typically though, when the winter precipitation hits, it's like an inch of snow that freezes overnight, and then you get freezing rain the next day, followed by a half inch of fresh snow, and then everything turns to slush within a day.

We've had a few really nice white winters in the 23 years I've been here, but they are few and far between. Last really good snow was about 6 or 7 years ago.

Here's a pic from a few weeks ago in my backyard. Nothing special about the snow - only a few inches. The interesting thing to point out is that at the end of the very next day, it was g-o-n-e. Shit you not.

One from the front of the house, just for the hell of it. Typical snow...nothing to get excited about.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

Winter sucks! I used to hate having to drive for 10 minutes before the defroster would heat up enough to melt the ice on the windshield - half the time I would already be at my destination by the time there was a small enough hole to see through. And waiting for the snow to blow off the car - forget about it!
    I really hated when you'd get to January or February and you'd get one or two really nice days and you start to think "Spring is coming" and then BAM! - you get socked with a non-ending freezefest. It's a wonder more people up there don't kill themselves.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Wolfman, that's more snow on the ground at one time than we've had here this year. I spent three winters in Kentucky, and noticed a few things.
    </font>
    • Y'all can't drive for shit when there's anything frozen involved </font>
    • The schools close with 1/4 inch of snow on the ground, because y'all can't drive on it </font>
    • Nobody owns a snow shovel. Nobody! </font>
    • Freezing rain sucks </font>
    We got over 8 inches in a night early in 1998 at Fort Knox. I was working the overnight shift with a brand new trainee from Brownsville, Texas. Joe had never seen snow before, and was having a blast making snowmen and throwing snowballs. It was only when I dropped him off at his barracks that he got a worried look on his face and asked when it would melt.
    I remember waking up at 5am to take a friend to work. I'm a chump. Not only did I have to chip 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice off the car, but a T-Bird really, really sucks on ice. I ended up in her front yard, and spent about an hour there.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Winter? Snow?

I'm off for a swim!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Wolfman, that's more snow on the ground at one time than we've had here this year. I spent three winters in Kentucky, and noticed a few things.
    </font>
    • The schools close with 1/4 inch of snow on the ground, because y'all can't drive on it </font>
    • Nobody owns a snow shovel. Nobody! </font>
    • Freezing rain sucks </font>
    LOL! You're preaching to the choir there, Mike.
    Even after all these years here, I have never considered myself to be local yokel. I lived in Jersey for 13 years before moving to KY, and we had feet and feet of snow every winter, yet drivers knew how to deal with it. Everything you just listed are peeves of mine too. The government here puts no emphasis on clearing the roads during winter weather, and even when they do, people have no clue how to adjust to the road conditions. I've gotten to thepoint where I just don't go out on the road any more than I absolutely have to, because people piss me off too much with their ineptness in dealing with the road conditions.

[ January 13, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hey a joisey boi ...cmon back to the tri state area bro. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    ...I remember waking up at 5am to take a friend to work. I'm a chump. Not only did I have to chip 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice off the car, but a T-Bird really, really sucks on ice. I ended up in her front yard, and spent about an hour there.
    So what did you do for that hour??

By the way, people here in Maryland with 4x4 SUV's/trucks think they can drive 60-70 mph b/c they have 4-wheel drive when it snows. Then I laugh when I go on by at 35 mph & they are in the ditch.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle