Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Well, it sure seems like we are losing people here. Nobody has anything to talk about. Hopefully this doesn't go along with a loss of fans [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well ya know, when I was going to my Van Halen section in my bookmarks to come here I realized this is the only Van Halen site I go to. I used to check in to VHND daily, but I haven't been there in months. And the official site, what is the point? In fact I don't even remember the last time I listened to a VH cd, have found other musical interests, have lost hope and don't care anymore, just like the band I guess. So perhaps you are right. Is too bad, most bands, most great bands, don't end this way [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't feel sorry for Van Halen if they're losing fans. They're asking for it. I still check the VHND everyday in hopes of a breaking story but nothing's happened in a long time. I get even more frustrated everyday that goes by. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Right now, being a Van Halen fan sucks.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

patience [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

We're not gonna have a ton of new posts until one of the major players in our story does something, or unless someone with some very unique slants on VH begins to post. Right now, VH as a band is dead.

This is the only VH site I go to regularly. It's been so long since VHND had any real news to report that I don't look there anymore. I do like it for the tour reviews, and historical info.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    There just has not even been a "sniff" of info to talk about. I dont know what Ed is doing, but its not much. They are surely losing fan interest. No doubt.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, this place has been here, what, about 2 years now? During that time, other than Gary getting dismissed, nothing of substance has really taken place. So, during that time, we've sat here and dissected every bit of VH's career, every song, every business move, every singer, every rumor, every guess, everything seemingly possible. And during that time, look how many topics have been repeated?

So much discussion was fueled by hopes of an impending new VH project. Now, we don't have any passionate hopes, since it's been just too damned long since the band has done anything noteworthy.

MikeL mentions the thought of someone coming in with a completely new spin on things, but I wonder if that is 1)possible, and 2)enough to generate a ton of discussion. With nothing new from the band, what is there to discuss? I would guess things will be VERY slow until they do something.

If the old theory that they would wait until the hype was at a standstill before making a move was true, that means now is the best time for them to come forward.

Is there ANYONE who did NOT think we'd have gotten at least a new song by now?
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

It's scary when resignation sets in! We've been seeing a whole lot of these [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] around, which isn't good.

This is kind of like when your in a long term relationship that's pretty much dead, you don't even care enough to fight anymore [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    someone with some very unique slants on VH begins to post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] I can make sumptin up, if ya'll won't get uptight about it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I sure haven't posted in Main much, that's for sure.

You can only speculate on nothing for so long. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Sad that VH may be going out this way - but with their silence and lack of PR, they brought it on themselves, I hate to admit. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The world is certainly not as happy of a place, without the mighty Van Halen [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My listening of Van Halen CD's has not risen OR diminished in the past couple years. I don't base my enjoyment of the music on the lack of any real news out of the VH camp. Sure I'm disappointed we've heard practically nothing solid this year. But that has not stopped me from enjoying the music.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.02.17 @ 03:38 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I agree with Zadian, just can't help but not be very interested anymore, following active bands holds my interest a lot better. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    My listening of Van Halen CD's has not risen OR diminished in the past couple years. I don't base my enjoyment of the music on the lack of any real news out of the VH camp. Sure I'm disappointed we've heard practically nothing solid this year. But that has not stopped me from enjoying the music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Amen!
    (But it IS a little disconcerting that a thread called "Lack of new posts" gets about 200 hits . . . [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I got 2 words for ya...

"Non music"!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Check it out...it's like the lobby in front of the concert hall. Let's all meet out there and share our feelings over a ice cold glass of lemonade, shall we? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry everyone...it's 3:47am and I'm up for some unknown reason. :yawn: I'll have to get me a nap. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003