Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

AEROSMITH Announce More US Dates - June 14, 2002

AEROSMITH have added more than 30 dates to their North American tour, which, as previously reported, kicks off on August 13th in Holmdel, New Jersey. KID ROCK and RUN DMC will also be on the bill for the trek, which is scheduled to wrap on November 14th in Mountain View, California.

The confirmed dates are as follows:

Jun. 27 – Tokyo, JAP @ Tokyo Stadium
    Aug. 13 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center)
    Aug. 15 – Burgettstown, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion
    Aug. 17 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
    Aug. 20 – Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
    Aug. 22, 24 – Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
    Aug. 28, 30 – Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach
    Sep. 01 – Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
    Sep. 03 – Toronto, ONT @ Molson Amphitheatre
    Sep. 05 – Hartford, CT @ ctnow.com Meadows Music
    Sep. 07 – Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center
    Sep. 10 – Scranton, PA @ Montage Mountain
    Sep. 12 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
    Sep. 14 – East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley
    Sep. 16 – Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheatre
    Sep. 18 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
    Sep. 20 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
    Sep. 22 – Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
    Oct. 02 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Oct. 04 – Antioch, TN @ AmSouth Amphitheatre
    Oct. 06 – Maryland Heights, MO @ UMB Bank Pavilion
    Oct. 08 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
    Oct. 10 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Oct. 17 – Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace
    Oct. 19 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Mars Music Amphitheatre
    Oct. 22 – Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
    Oct. 24 – New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
    Oct. 26 – Dallas, TX @ TBA
    Oct. 28 – The Woodlands, TX @ C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
    Oct. 30 – Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Nov. 01 – Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
    Nov. 03 – Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Nov. 05 – Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
    Nov. 07 – Marysville, CA @ Autowest Amphitheatre
    Nov. 09 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden
    Nov. 12 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
    Nov. 14 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

IZZY STRADLIN's Upcoming Solo CD Not The Much-Anticipated GNR Reunion - June 14, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin's upcoming solo album, entitled On Down The Road, is not the widely-anticipated collaboration between Izzy and ex-GNR bandmates Slash (guitar) and Duff McKagan (bass). Instead, the album features the same line-up as the one responsible for Izzy's River CD: Stradlin on guitar and vocals, Duff on bass, Rick Richards on lead guitar, Taz on drums, and Ian on keys.

On Down The Road is due to be released through Universal Victor Records in Japan during August.

In other news, a Dee Dee Ramone tribute concert is due to be held tonight at the Key Club in Hollywood, and among the performances lined up for the evening is an "All Star Tribute Jam" featuring members of GUNS N' ROSES, according to a recent ad for the show.

Also on the GNR front, McKagan's LOADED will be playing at the "grand opening" of Club Vodka in Hollywood on Thursday, June 27th.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JERRY CANTRELL In-Store Appearances Announced - June 13, 2002

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell will be making a couple of in-store appearances over the next week. They are as follows:

Friday, June 14th at 3:00 PM
    Autograph signing at CD World
    Pre-Purchase Cantrell's Degradation Trip and get an autographed copy from Jerry Cantrell in person.
    First 300 customers to pre-purchase the CD meet Cantrell.
    CD World
    Rte 35 & 36
    Office Max Plaza
    Eatontown, NJ
    732-389-3462

Tuesday, June 18th (album release date) at 3:00 PM
    Jerry Cantrell live in-store performance.
    Purchase Degradation Trip and see Cantrell Live.
    Newbury Comics
    425 Washington St
    Woburn, MA
    781-933-1691

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MÖTLEY CRÜE's NIKKI SIXX To Pen Tune For BACKSTREET BOYS?! - June 12, 2002

MÖTLEY CRÜE mainman Nikki Sixx has reportedly written a song, "Let's Get It Together" for possible inclusion on the next BACKSTREET BOYS album. The bassist is also said to have composed tracks for TANTRIC, SALIVA, and FAITH HILL.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

GEORGE LYNCH/JEFF PILSON: Full Track Listing Unveiled - June 12, 2002

The full track listing for the forthcoming L/P debut, featuring former DOKKEN members George Lynch (guitar) and Jeff Pilson (bass/vocals) is as follows:

01. When You Bleed
    02. Beast In The Box
    03. Awaken
    04. Ever Higher
    05. Zero The End
    06. Closer To None
    07. Vaccine
    08. The Evil That You Are
    09. Chromanic
    10. Gravity
    11. Goodbye Utopia (All The Same To Me)
    12. Innerview
    13. A Breath And A Scream

L/P are currently shopping for a label and management. A late 2002 release for the album is expected.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DEF LEPPARD Announce "X" Track Listing - June 12, 2002

DEF LEPPARD have announced the full track listing for their upcoming X effort, which is schedule to receive a North American release on July 30th. It is as follows:

01. Now
    02. Unbelievable
    03. You're So Beautiful
    04. Everyday
    05. Long, Long Way To Go
    06. Four Letter Word
    07. Torn To Shreds
    08. Love Don't Lie
    09. Gravity
    10. Cry
    11. Girl Like You
    12. Let Me Be The One
    13. Scar
    14. Kiss The Day*
    15. Long, Long Way To Go (acoustic)*

* = (Japanese & UK release only)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LED ZEPPELIN: Live Compilation On The Way? - June 11, 2002

Former LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page have been hinting towards the possibility of a live ZEPPELIN compilation surfacing sometime before the end of the year. However, no official announcement has yet been made on the matter.

In related news, former LED ZEPPELIN bassist John Paul Jones in a recent interview published in S&V magazine on the possibility of having the ZEPPELIN catalog remixed in 5.1 digital surround. "Probably not," stated Jones. "The thought of going over mixes is horrendous... Surround is ideal for live recording, because you can keep your regular stereo mix and have the audience around you."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

TOMMY LEE To Launch "The Osbournes"-Style Reality TV Show - June 11, 2002

Tommy Lee has reportedly begun filming a reality TV show based on his daily/family life for VH1. The project sees the former MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer following in the footsteps of OZZY OSBOURNE, whose show The Osbournes is the highest-rated show in MTV history.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FILTER's RICHARD PATRICK To Detractors: "I Make Music, You Make Me Sick" - June 10, 2002

FILTER mainman Richard Patrick has issued a direct response to the "fat, bald, four-eyed metalhead kids" who have posted scathingly unflattering messages about the singer and his band via the BLABBERMOUTH.NET news boards. In a statement posted in the comment section accompanying our report on Patrick's hatchet-burying "open letter" to LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst, Richard offers no apologies for his actions and makes no attempt to establish a common ground with his critics, choosing instead to berate them using the same kind of brutally harsh language that has been used against him. Here is Patrick's posting in its entirety (as dictated to, and typed by, the webmaster of FILTER's official web site):

"This is a message to all the fat, bald, four eyed metal head kids at Blabbermouth.com [sic] who dissed me. One in 10,000 bands get signed to a major label, one out of those signed bands makes it. I've done double platinum and I'm on my third record. I make music, you make me sick. I made it in an industry that has been fucked over by every computer nerd on the planet. Astronauts aspire to be rock musicians, movie stars aspire to rock musicians, I am at the top of the food chain, I sit on a pile of cash, I drive a BMW, I've been around the world 7 times, my music has taken me far, far away from a little computer like the one you're sitting at now. And it's all because of my talent, and you will never have that, you will never be me. So sit at your computer and bitch about Fred Durst and I, and realize that your lives are pointless. Oh, and this is the REAL Richard Patrick and not the nice guy on my website, and if you don't believe it's me, that's just your small brain eating itself. By the way, as far you guys calling me gay, I have fucked more women than you have seen in your entire lives, so get out from your computer and go find yourself a hog fat bitch girl and at least experience it once, you fucking pointless pieces of shit!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

QUEENSRŸCHE's SCOTT ROCKENFIELD Completes Work On Solo Album - June 9, 2002

QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield is continuing work on his solo record, tentatively entitled The "X" Chapters, for a late 2002 release through an as-yet-undisclosed label. According to Rockenfield, "my journey with this record is almost complete, and I just hope that you all enjoy it as much as I do!! The record is a culmination of my search to define what *I* like to hear in music, and my passion for soundtracks. I have always been very interested in how a soundtrack to a film can emotionally enhance it far beyond the visual itself, and so I decided to create The 'X' Chapters as 'a soundtrack to the imagination,' a 'Theater of the Mind,' a so-called 'journey through a life.' There is no 'film' to support the music (at least as of yet!), and the idea is for you to 'paint' your own picture. Believe it or not, I am already thinking about the next release!!"

In other news, Rockenfield's other project SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM, which also features in its ranks Kelly Gray (guitar, ex-QUEENSRŸCHE), Damon Johnson (guitar, BROTHER CANE), Roman Glick (bass, BROTHER CANE) and Scotty Heard (vocals, SWEATY NIPPLES), are said to be "very close to a major recording deal," according to Scott. More information will be announced shortly.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Very interesting link here for Dokken fans that I found at Andrew's great www.melodicrock.com site. It seems that Jeff Pilson reviewed Dokken's recent flop of a record and Don Dokken even responded!

Click here for the link!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

George Lucas talks Third Star Wars Trilogy
    Friday, June 14, 2002 9:04 CDT

Cinescape talked with George Lucas:

He also reiterated that there would be no third trilogy, despite what he said years ago about the whole story being a trilogy of trilogies. He said it was a joke, and THE ROLLING STONE printed the idea as fact. After EPISODE III, there will be only printed STAR WARS stories from now on.

“There are two worlds here,” explained Lucas. “There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe.”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hugh Jackman in Talks for Van Helsing
    Friday, June 14, 2002 1:45 CDT

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to star in the title role of Universal Pictures' action-adventure feature Van Helsing for writer-director Stephen Sommers, who also will produce with his partner Bob Ducsay.

Sommers' screenplay, set in the late 19th century, finds Bram Stoker's fabled monster hunter Van Helsing summoned to a distant Eastern European land to vanquish evil.

The project will feature classic Universal monsters, including Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolf Man, as reimagined by Sommers.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    MÖTLEY CRÜE's NIKKI SIXX To Pen Tune For BACKSTREET BOYS?! - June 12, 2002

MÖTLEY CRÜE mainman Nikki Sixx has reportedly written a song, "Let's Get It Together" for possible inclusion on the next BACKSTREET BOYS album. The bassist is also said to have composed tracks for TANTRIC, SALIVA, and FAITH HILL.
    Well Nikki is a songwriter, I think he also penned a song for Aerosmith, something he is very proud to be apart of.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Forget about the LOTR DVD (which is just the same version from the theaters with no bonus scenes) that's due in August! Here's the details on the 4 Disc DVD due in November:

Disc 1-2: The Feature
    - 208 minute long version with over 30 minutes of never-before-seen footage incorporated into the film and new music scored by Howard Shore.

- Widescreen (2.35:1) version, Dolby Digital EX 5.1 & 2.0 Surround Sound, DTS ES 6.1 Surround Sound

- Four audio commentaries by director and writers, the design team the production team and the cast featuring more than 30 participants including Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen and Academy AwardŽ winners Richard Taylor, Andrew Lesnie, Howard Shore, Jim Rygiel, Randy Cook…and many more

Disc 3: "From Book to Vision"

- Adapting the book into a screenplay & planning the film, Designing and building Middle-earth, Storyboards to pre-visualization.

- Weta Workshop visit - An up-close look at the weapons, armor, creatures and miniatures

- Atlas of Middle-earth: Tracing the journey of the Fellowship, An interactive map of New Zealand highlighting the location scouting process

- Galleries of art and slideshows with commentaries by the artists, Guided tour of the wardrobe department, Footage from early meetings, moving storyboards and pre-visualization reels

Disc 4: "From Vision to Reality"

Bringing the characters to life, A day in the life of a hobbit, Principal photography: Stories from the set, Scale: Creating the illusion of size, Galleries of behind-the-scenes photographs and personal cast photos, Editorial and visual effects multi-angle progressions, Sound design demonstration.