Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Took my 11 yr old to a Blues preseason game last night !! Had a great time. Brathwaite with the 2-0 shutout of the Predators. Blues look strong this year. Power play looks better with Doug Weight than it did with Turgeon , IMO.

I know some of you are big hockey fans out there. Curious if any of you think the Blues can go all the way for the first time in franchise history ?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

definitely. i'm not saying they will, but they definitely can.
    living in calgary, i can tell you that fred brathwaite is awesome. he's saved our asses so many times. what can you tell me about roman turek?
    i'm gonna be cheering for the blues this year, as soon as the flames are out of the picture.
    they've got a lot of players that can get it done. i wonder what JMJ has to say about this. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    he'll just disregard you and talk about the avalanche some more, i bet. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

Premium Member
    Roman really did not play badly for the Blues, he was prone to giving up the soft goal at times.His other weakness I thought was he was slow going side to side. Blues managment thought his training was lacking as well.

I know Fred Brathwaite is good, he has had 2 great seasons for the Flames. The Blues need a goalie that can stop just a few tough chances every night, we have a strong defense and limit the chances by the opposition. It is tough to sit back there every night , not have many shots, and stay sharp.

If JMJ wants to talk about the Avs I think thats great. The Avs have lost some real talent (Bourque and Forsberg) that will be tough to overcome.

I wish your Flames well !!

79th

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, i was pissed about the flames giving away fred, but i was glad that it was st. louis.
    and the avs are gonna have a tougher time this year without forsberg and sakic. which is good, because the only team i hate more than the avs is the devils. yeah, the stanley cup finals last year kinda sucked for me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    Roman really did not play badly for the Blues, he was prone to giving up the soft goal at times.His other weakness I thought was he was slow going side to side. Blues managment thought his training was lacking as well.

I know Fred Brathwaite is good, he has had 2 great seasons for the Flames. The Blues need a goalie that can stop just a few tough chances every night, we have a strong defense and limit the chances by the opposition. It is tough to sit back there every night , not have many shots, and stay sharp.

If JMJ wants to talk about the Avs I think thats great. The Avs have lost some real talent (Bourque and Forsberg) that will be tough to overcome.

I wish your Flames well !!

79th
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh heh.

the avs will be hurting without forsberg..make no mistake about it. it's one thing to lose him in the playoffs and step up, it's nother to lose him for the entire season, especially when bourque is retired.

as much as i dislike them, the red wings are the team to beat this year, they now have a goalie that can shut the door at any time, and with the additions of hull and robitaille, it's just rediculous. if they don't win the cup this year, *this* year, they will disband that team imo.

i am looking for the west to be won by the wings this year....the avs in maybe 3rd or 4th. the blues will fight them for third of 4th. the stars will take #2...there ya have it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

in the east...no one can still touch the devils. the heck with jagr...caps still have no defense or s solid goalie when it matters.

perhaps the flyers will break through this year, but i doubt it.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    yeah, i was pissed about the flames giving away fred, but i was glad that it was st. louis.
    and the avs are gonna have a tougher time this year without forsberg and sakic. which is good, because the only team i hate more than the avs is the devils. yeah, the stanley cup finals last year kinda sucked for me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened to sakic?!

and i guess you don't want that autographed gretzky jersey laner [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no, the avs will definitely be a force, but not as good as last year. i'm well aware of the sakic/roy situation. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    and don't be silly. an autographed gretzky jersey will definitely make everything right in my world. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    you've definitely got a point with the wings.
    about the stars, well, i think some of them are starting to have grandkids now, but we'll see how they are on the ice. are you allowed to carry oxygen tanks with you on the ice? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    IMHO the best three teams in the NHL right now are St. Louis, Detroit and Colorado, in that order.
    And just like last year, the healthiest team will advance, beat up some second class Eastern Confrence team, and hoist Lord Stanley's big-ass glass.

We need a NHL thread for sure. Got any name ideas? her are mine
    From The Bench
    The Blue Line
    Cup Crazy
    The Minnesota Wild Rule!! (my preference [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we do need an NHL thread, i remember that i started the playoffs thread last year that lasted the duration of the post season, but i think that a regular season thread will suit us puckheads just fine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    i definitely think that the western conference is superior to the east, but i'm cheering for the leafs because they are the only canadian team that has a chance. and even then, the owners spent all their money on the raptors in the off season, so it'll be a long shot.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:
    i'm cheering for the leafs because they are the only canadian team that has a chance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Laner, my Van Halen brother and fellow Western Canadian, it's virtually a law that we in the west must HATE Toronto, and anything affiliated with it (the 1995 VH pay per view being a noted exception [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]). I'd rather see Satan carrying the cup than anyone wearing a Leafs jersey. [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Seriously though, being a fellow Flames fan, it does suck to have the season not yet begun, and to already know that a playoff berth is such a long shot. It's October 1st, are the Flames mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no, but we play the oil on wednesday, so by the time that game is over, yeah, i think so. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

glenn, my fellow western canadian and vh brother (who is a flames fan, so almost my long lost brother) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i know that i have to hate toronto, but as i'm sure that we've had this conversation before, i'm from ontario, so i've gotta pull for them. actually, i'm also pulling for the sens, because they have a chance too.

oh yeah, if your talking about the devil, yeah, he's got a better chance of hoisting the cup than the flames. although, if you're talking about miroslav satan of the buffalo sabres (he's still with the sabres, right?) they're gonna kill in comparison to the flames. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

although, i do love that you live in edmonton and are a flames fan. that's simply awesome. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    you gotta move back down here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i can't even begin to explain how funny it is whenever i see miro satan play because i always think of satan. look, the devil plays for the sabres now!!! sorry, but i think that's too funny. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

all who want autographed gretzky jerseys....lemme hear ya cheer for them avs... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

&lt;snicker&gt;

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Last Online

Premium Member
    Hey JMJ,

Does it count that my 11 year old is a huge Avs/Joe Sakic fan. And yes, when the Avs were playing the Blues last year in the playoffs, he was rooting for the Avs.

Now can I get the Gretzky jersey ? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, how is Adam Foote coming along ?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    Hey JMJ,

Does it count that my 11 year old is a huge Avs/Joe Sakic fan. And yes, when the Avs were playing the Blues last year in the playoffs, he was rooting for the Avs.

Now can I get the Gretzky jersey ? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, how is Adam Foote coming along ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's wrong with foote? argh!! i haven't been keeping up. shit, i have a client tomorrow night so i will mis an hour of the game....fuck! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

u still want a gretzky jersey...LOL...

just kiddin man...we'll see what i can do. i'm probably gonna need emails from you guys who want em and i'll probably need you guys to send a jersey that you want signed. lemme see when maybe i can get em done. i'm thinking in a few months...around november/december maybe or when the coyotes play the kings. wayne will probably be in phoenix a lot but we'll see. i'll let you guys know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

JMJ

[ October 02, 2001 at 09:50 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10