Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can't these goddamn Hippies leave us alone

Group Sues Chocolate Manufacturers
    ANDREW BRIDGES
    AP Science Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An environmental group has sued to get warning labels slapped on chocolate products that caution sweet tooths about potentially hazardous levels of lead and cadmium.

The nonprofit American Environmental Safety Institute alleges products made by Hershey Foods Corp., Nestle USA Inc., Kraft Foods North America Inc. and other manufacturers expose consumers - especially children - to potentially dangerous levels of the metals.

A state investigation last year discounted the lawsuit's claims, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration researchers have found children younger than 6 who eat lots of chocolate take in 6 percent or less of the total daily amount of lead allowable by law.

An attorney for the companies named in the suit said the lawsuit was baseless and an attempt to extort a settlement.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court seeks in part to force the firms to include warning labels on the products under a requirement of California's Proposition 65 that individuals be warned before they are exposed to dangerous chemicals.

Roger Carrick, an attorney for the Palo Alto-based institute, said scientific testing found that lead and cadmium levels in products like M&Ms presented "a clear and present danger to the health of our children."

Michele Corash, an attorney for the chocolate companies, said the two metals are present naturally in chocolate and other food but in levels too low to pose any hazard.

"We will vigorously defend the safety of our products," Corash said. "But our greater concern is getting the word out that these claims are totally without basis and are just designed to scare people."

Lead poisoning can impair intellectual development in children and cause progressive kidney disease in adults. Cadmium can cause kidney failure and inflammation in the lungs. The institute previously sued successfully over lead levels in children's vitamins
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Are you shitting me? Cigs need warnings,Bullets need warnings,Compressed aerosol cans need warnings.............and oh yeah slap one on my Hershey Kisses too.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Go throw yourselves in a smoke stack to stop the fire down below you tree hugging a-holes!!!!!
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's freakin' ridiculous!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you know something brothers, the hulkamaniac brother loves everyone, but sometimes hippies can get on your nerves. if you do not like certain foods, do not eat. it is even okay to voice your thoughts on my the food is evil, but do not try to ban it. this is almost as bad as when a group of people tried to ban the alcoholic jake roberts from using his d.d.t. move in the ring. i tihnk that if these hippies have a problem then should be willing ot openly discuss it. it is a simple as that. i tihnk it like with everything in moderation unless you a rock star or rock and roll wannabe then you do drugs and alcohol to the extreme. anyway as far as the hippies go i think they need to get a haircut and just keep somking there dope and relax.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Hey, aren't you the guy who was just complaining about french fries being (gasp!) bad for you? Nobody is trying to ban chocolate.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hold on now! I think it's good to know that there is lead in chocolate. How many of you have children under six? How many of you let them eat chocolate without monitoring how much they eat? How many of you have ever seen the effects of lead poisoning?

Just cuz they hug a tree (and frankly I'm a tree hugger [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but I tell you what, as a parent, before I give my kids something that could impair them for the rest of their lives, I'd like to know it. What's the harm in putting a simple warning label on candy. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A warning label never hurt anyone.

I will though, because if too much is harmful for my kids and could cause permanent debilitation, then... I want to know that... and I'd rather know it before I let them eat something that might harm them.

My kid's pediatrician made it clear that we should keep them away from chocolate until they were four.

I've got no beef with chocolate. I DO want my kids to have the best chance of a healthy life that they can have, and I'll do anything to help them get started on that.

As for chocolate! Bring it on! What I won't let them have... I'll make sure doesn't go to waste! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER:
    you know something brothers, the hulkamaniac brother loves everyone, but sometimes hippies can get on your nerves. if you do not like certain foods, do not eat. it is even okay to voice your thoughts on my the food is evil, but do not try to ban it. this is almost as bad as when a group of people tried to ban the alcoholic jake roberts from using his d.d.t. move in the ring. i tihnk that if these hippies have a problem then should be willing ot openly discuss it. it is a simple as that. i tihnk it like with everything in moderation unless you a rock star or rock and roll wannabe then you do drugs and alcohol to the extreme. anyway as far as the hippies go i think they need to get a haircut and just keep somking there dope and relax.
    Ok now that is some funny shit. Best I have read in a long time brotherman! I must agree. Hippies are worthless fuckers. I do dig the "fire down below" jab too. Excellent [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm with LA on this one. they're not trying to ban it, and i'm all for knowing what i'm eating before i eat it.
    they put plastic in cheez whiz too, just so ya know. but i don't think it's gonna stop anyone, and i'm not trying to get it banned, but i think you all should know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    it's the same kinda thing.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you ever let one of Wendy's Frosties thaw out... you'll get chocolate water and a plastic mix too! Who'd ever thing anything that tastes that good would be full of plastic?? [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lead occurs naturally and the amount of lead these dipshit assfucks are talking about is in the "parts per billion" range. These pencil dick asswipes are simply control freaks who flunked out of 7th grade chemistry.

Do you know anybody who has gotten lead poisoning from chocolate?

Have you ever heard of anybody that died from lead poisoning from chocolate?

No...Why?

BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LEAD IN CHOCOLATE TO HARM YOU THAT'S WHY!!!

What ever happened to common sense? Jeez! I hope the judge on this case has the good sense to have the baliff shoot the assholes.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Now I understand why I ate all those paint chips. They tasted like chocolate!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

OK ok ok, I let a Wendy's frosty thaw....overnight in the car not too long ago. I forgot about it I guess. It looked like a perfect turd floating in chocolate milk the next morning [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Which part was the lead paint plastic chips mix?
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

OK ok ok, I let a Wendy's frosty thaw....overnight in the car not too long ago. I forgot about it I guess. It looked like a perfect turd floating in chocolate milk the next morning [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Which part was the lead paint plastic chips mix?
    -Seenbad

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    Lead occurs naturally and the amount of lead these dipshit assfucks are talking about is in the "parts per billion" range. These pencil dick asswipes are simply control freaks who flunked out of 7th grade chemistry.

Do you know anybody who has gotten lead poisoning from chocolate?

Have you ever heard of anybody that died from lead poisoning from chocolate?

No...Why?

BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LEAD IN CHOCOLATE TO HARM YOU THAT'S WHY!!!

What ever happened to common sense? Jeez! I hope the judge on this case has the good sense to have the baliff shoot the assholes.
    It's just another way for the communist secular santanic tree-fuckers to try to control society.

You never hear them bitching about pot. And pot has some seriously high levels of lead and mercury.

Can you really respect people who want to save plants but then say it's ok to suck a human life out of the womb with a vacuum cleaner? Hypocrites, one and all.

Fuck them!
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com