Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush "wins!!"

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA baby! I'm on the bandwagon! Let's go burn some books!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bush , , Gore drinks cold beer , Bush is a old prune who drinks metamuesil

[This message has been edited by Ernie Ball (edited December 13, 2000 at 06:36 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA baby! I'm on the bandwagon! Let's go burn some books!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the crosses

It's gonna be a rough 2 years before the biggest Congressional landslide in history...

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Not choosin & U can't make me
    Favorite VH Song

Not choosin & U can't make me
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 06:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WhooooooHoooooo!
    I want to get Bush for 4 years!

Damn! George Bush....
    nevermind I thought you meant the other kind of Bush.

------------------
    I bless you all
    In the name of Ed,
    his brother,
    and the holy Bass player.
    Amen

May Ed be with you.
    Dr. 5150
    Assistant Pastor
    1st Church of Van Halen

------------------

Click here for your Free VH ScreenSavers

Halenized ScreenSaver

Van Halen 3 ScreenSaver

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:

It's gonna be a rough 2 years before the biggest Congressional landslide in history...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i thought congress was mostly republican.
    although i do think it'll be a rough four years...

------------------
    EBAS!!!!
    i know i would!!!
    i am a Dirty Faced Kid, although i do fancy myself a good lookin' fellow...
    AD for life...
    Diamond Mafia... respect the family...fuhgetaboutit

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by laner:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>i thought congress was mostly republican.
    although i do think it'll be a rough four years...

[/B][/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. The House is dominated by a 9 vote Republican majority. The Senate is an even 50 -50, but Cheney will have the tie-breaking vote.

During the entire recount process, Trent Lott, Tom DeLay and other right wing fascist extremists were frothing at the mouth for Junior to be crowned king and to stop counting ballots.

Does this sound like the alleged Bush vision of "bringing Democrats and Republicans together"? Not in the least.

What it sounds like is the right wing extremists in Congress digging out every piece of bullshit legislation that President Clinton has vetoed in the last 6 years, which they can't WAIT to dump on Junior's oval office desk by 1:00 PM on January 20.

If they get away with even a small fraction of it... If Bush destroys environmental regulation nationally like he did in Texas. If even one more biased Republican hatemonger is named to the Supreme KKKourt...

Then the Reupblicans will be lucky if they have 20 % of Congress after the 2002 election.

This election was so close because the majority of the people in this country don't know enough about politics to realize the SERIOUS differences between the 2 candidates and what they represent. When they see the true agenda of an all Republican government, they will know better.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by FORD:

This election was so close because the majority of the people in this country don't know enough about politics to realize the SERIOUS differences between the 2 candidates and what they represent. When they see the true agenda of an all Republican government, they will know better.

Funny, I have the same nightmare about a 100% Democratic government and their twisted little agenda. I'd like to think that the country knew JUST enough about politics, and thats why we are in the position we are in tonight. Hopefully, in my lifetime, I will actually see an even MORE conservative realm of government.

Hey, we all have our opinions. I hate to see complete liberal dominance anywhere, even a website

OK, T5, your up

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:
    Funny, I have the same nightmare about a 100% Democratic government and their twisted little agenda. I'd like to think that the country knew JUST enough about politics, and thats why we are in the position we are in tonight. Hopefully, in my lifetime, I will actually see an even MORE conservative realm of government.

Hey, we all have our opinions. I hate to see complete liberal dominance anywhere, even a website

OK, T5, your up

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank ya my brotha. Kick ass! Another political thread. Out

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope "Junior" realizes he can't go to bed at 9:30 PM every night (as he has said he did as Govenor of Texas) now that he will be President. He also won't be able to play video games during the work day anymore (as was discovered by The New York Times a little while back) and he won't be able to sneak off to play golf in the middle of the day either. Being President of the United States is actual REAL WORK Georgie.....You ain't in Texas anymore...

Of course, let's look at this realistically: Georgie will have Cheney, and Colin Powell and everyone else in his Cabinet doing all his hard work for him...Georgie isn't dumb, but IMO he is far from Presidential material and I don't believe he knows how hard a job it really is....In fact I'm sure he has no idea what he's in for.

(Just my opinion folks...I voted for Gore...I think anyway, hard to say with all the bullshit voting counting )

I'm in agreement with you FORD.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah, FORD, why am I not shocked to see how quick thou jumpest to thine conclusions.

Let's see, last time I checked no one had a crystal ball that could predict the future, which means no one will know what the nature of Congress will be in 2 years.

It seems both asinine and ignorant to, on the day after your hero conceded, assume everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

Need I remind you that Arkansas wasn't that great a place under Clinton's leadership either?

Give everyone a chance before you condemn them. Yes, I know you're bitter your hero lost the election, but only one person can win. We get over it and regroup for the next battle in 4 years (and all the liberals here should pray Gore isn't nominated).

I think the actions of the next two years will truly tell what will happen in the election - not the actions of now. Besides, if the American populace was so liberal, why, then, did they grow disatisfied with dual liberal control of Congress and the White House and put the Republicans in charge anyway?

What has a Republican controlled Congress done in the past few years?

Balanced the budget, that's one major thing.

And if you're going to give any politician rights to claim credit for the nature of the economy, then why not Congress, as the President can't do jack squat when it comes to making laws in this nation. (true though we both know Alan Greenspan is behind the economic prosperity we felt)

And I know it may come to shock you, but the Supereme "KKKort" (which I personally find offensive - plus it scares me to think someone would have such a view of the highest court in the land) as it stands is 3 conservatives, 4 liberals, and 2 moderates. Hmm, damn, more liberals than conservatives. Hell, the most adamant judge is Ginsburg, the liberal witch that she is (sorry, that's out of line, I apologize).

Anyway, the moral of the story, FORD, is Bush won, Gore lost, get over it, and put your crap back in the closet for a while since it does NOTHING to unite the nation. We don't need firebrands now, we need compromisers that are willing to work with those that have different views than their own.

So please, do us all a favor and keep your tongue in check for two years - I'll do the same.

As such, this is the last time I post in a non-humorous political thread.

God bless America, hail to the chief, and let's get about the business of making this land a model for the rest of the world to follow, not a laughingstock.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

VoodooQueen
    all at once. Oh well, there is not a damn thing I can do. I just hope this doesn't turn into the Reagan years Pt. II

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    Don't forget the crosses

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? Bush won the African-American vote in Florida

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Ah, FORD, why am I not shocked to see how quick thou jumpest to thine conclusions.

I never jump to conclusions without a reason.

Let's see, last time I checked no one had a crystal ball that could predict the future, which means no one will know what the nature of Congress will be in 2 years.

It's not uncommon for a mid-term congressional election to benefit the minority party. Add to that both the records of what Junior has done in Texas, and some of the things the right wingers in congress have tried to pass in the last 6 years. The American people do seem to have a short memory when it comes to politics sometimes. After all the people who said they would never vote Republican again after the Starr/Lewinsky/impeachment mess, I'm actually surprised that the GOP did this well this time. But that was the parties assault on one man. When they start assaulting the entire country, I don't think they will get off so easily.

It seems both asinine and ignorant to, on the day after your hero conceded, assume everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

Actually it was the day he conceded. And I assume things are going to Hell in a handbasket because they did when Daddy Bush was in the White House, and they did when Junior was in Texas.

Need I remind you that Arkansas wasn't that great a place under Clinton's leadership either?

Haven't been to Arkansas recently. But I have heard first hand accounts of how bad things are in Texas and Florida under Bush regimes.

Give everyone a chance before you condemn them.

I gave the Bush family 12 years from 1980-1992. I think that's more than enough.

Yes, I know you're bitter your hero lost the election, but only one person can win.

Yeah, and it sure helps when his brother, his brother's girlfriend, and those nice people that Daddy and Uncle Bonzo put on the Supreme Court are there to help him out.

We get over it and regroup for the next battle in 4 years (and all the liberals here should pray Gore isn't nominated).

You would prefer Hillary?

I think the actions of the next two years will truly tell what will happen in the election - not the actions of now.

Absolutely. But you can predict the next two years based on the past actions of Bush in Texas and Lott/Armey etc. in DC. Even if Junior was telling the truth about working with Democrats (which I doubt) those idiots in Congress have no such illusions. They see this as a "mandate". Thank God for fillibusters.

Besides, if the American populace was so liberal, why, then, did they grow disatisfied with dual liberal control of Congress and the White House and put the Republicans in charge anyway?

The majority of the American populace is neither liberal or conservative. That's why they didn't see the difference in this election, and that's why they bought into the GOP advertising for the "Contract ON America" in 1994. Also it's a fact that (at least in this state) only the right wing zealots showed up to vote that year. I voted, but forgot to sign my ballot, just like all those Republicans in Florida. Unlike them, my ballot wasn't counted.

What has a Republican controlled Congress done in the past few years?

Balanced the budget, that's one major thing.

Yes, but how long did it take them to come up with one that was acceptable? The balanced budget was as much a Democrat accomplishment as anything. The Republican version was ridiculous, and was vetoed.

And if you're going to give any politician rights to claim credit for the nature of the economy, then why not Congress, as the President can't do jack squat when it comes to making laws in this nation. (true though we both know Alan Greenspan is behind the economic prosperity we felt)

Bill Clinton's economic initiatives were in place before the 1994 election, and the economy was already stronger. Greenspan deserves some credit of course, and a lot of it is just simply the fact that economic factors of the 90's didn't exist before.

And I know it may come to shock you, but the Supereme "KKKort" (which I personally find offensive - plus it scares me to think someone would have such a view of the highest court in the land) as it stands is 3 conservatives, 4 liberals, and 2 moderates. Hmm, damn, more liberals than conservatives.

I never had a word to say against the court until now. The fact that all the Reagan and Bush employees lined up behind Junior is not a coincidence. It's one thing to question the constitutionality of the standards in Florida, as 7 of the 9 judges did. It's another thing altogether to declare the election OVER based on that reason, when the fair thing to do would be to demand Florida set a statewide standard and COUNT THE FUCKING VOTES! But of course, Bush didn't want the votes counted because he knew he would lose. His GOP friends on the court agreed.

Hell, the most adamant judge is Ginsburg,the liberal witch that she is (sorry, that's out of line, I apologize).

Maybe you are unaware that a young Antonin Scalia was involved in a group called the "Evil Eyes" who would go to polling places and stare down Black voters, in an attempt to intimidate them and prevent them from voting.

Anyway, the moral of the story, FORD, is Bush won, Gore lost, get over it, and put your crap back in the closet for a while since it does NOTHING to unite the nation. We don't need firebrands now, we need compromisers that are willing to work with those that have different views than their own.

That makes for good speeches, but the reality probably won't go that way. I'll be watching.

Oh, BTW Stuff, what are you going to say when all the ballots are counted, they show that Gore did indeed win Florida, and your hero the Daddy's Boy is proven to be a fraud?

So please, do us all a favor and keep your tongue in check for two years - I'll do the same.

I've said all there is to say for now. But when they start doing exactly what I think they're going to do, I'll be here to remind you that you heard it here first

As such, this is the last time I post in a non-humorous political thread.

God bless America, hail to the chief, and let's get about the business of making this land a model for the rest of the world to follow, not a laughingstock.

I don't think other countries are going to look up to our elections model after this. I'm sure they're still laughing. And after all the preaching we have done to them, I guess I can't really blame them.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country

to boy band Hell.

[This message has been edited by FORD (edited December 14, 2000 at 08:26 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    What are you talking about? Bush won the African-American vote in Florida

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just can't keep your tea-drinking, Limey ass out of American politics, can you? If it wasn't for us, your ass would be speaking German!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    You just can't keep your tea-drinking, Limey ass out of American politics, can you? If it wasn't for us, your ass would be speaking German!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

sorry did you say something, German? Yeah I speak German thanks.

Not my joke anyway, I stole it from Comedy Central's election coverage last night.