Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clinton's phony war on Terrorism

Cliff Kincaid - Reed Irvine

Accuracy in Media, October 1, 2001

In an editorial on the September 11 attack, the Washington Post said, "The scattered details that have emerged about the plot put this failure in stark relief: More than fifty people were likely involved, Justice Department officials have said, and the plot required extensive communications and planning to pull off. The group’s size, not to mention the complexity of its endeavor, should have offered many opportunities for infiltration. Yet the conspirators proceeded unmolested. What is striking is how safe they apparently felt, how unthreatened by law enforcement. Some of the terrorists were here for long periods.
    They left and entered the country unimpeded. Some were reportedly on the so-called ‘watch list,’ a list of people who are not permitted to enter the country. Yet this apparently caused them no problems." For a possible answer as to how this may have happened, we have turned to a book originally published abroad, Dollars for Terror, by Swiss television journalist Richard Labeviere. His thesis is that the international Islamic networks linked to Osama Bin Laden have been nurtured by elements of the U.S. intelligence community, especially during the Clinton years. This is a shocking view, but it puts other developments in perspective, such as Clinton support for Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo. The Islamic radicals may have been tolerated because it was believed that they were training to hit targets in other countries, not the U.S.

Clinton and his top aides did not anticipate that this radical Islamic network would turn against the United States. A Los Angeles Times article headlined, "Some See U.S. as Terrorists’ Next Big Target," quoted Labeviere as saying, "For America, the bill is now coming due." That was dated January 13, 2000. Perhaps the bill has now come due. Bin Laden was initially supported by the CIA when he was battling the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan during the 1980s. But Labeviere’s book insists that this support continued. He argues that the Clinton administration viewed the Bin Laden network and the radical Taliban regime in Afghanistan as a bulwark against Russian, Iranian and even Chinese influence in Asia.

In his prologue to the American edition of the book, published last year, he says that between 1994 and 1997, "Bill Clinton was happy to allow Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to support the Taliban, seeing them as a useful counterbalance to Iran’s influence…" In August 1998, the situation seemed to change when Bin Laden was blamed for the destruction of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. Bin Laden was placed on the FBI’s Most Wanted List and was reported to be in Afghanistan. But Labeviere says the State Department did not exert any real pressure on the Taliban to apprehend him.

It has subsequently been reported that the Clinton Administration had specific intelligence information about bin Laden’s whereabouts but opted against attacking or apprehending him. It also turns out that one of bin Laden’s alleged patrons had a lawyer connected to the Clinton administration. We will have more on this in our next commentary.
    "We are going to have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny F*****g Kay"

Last Online

01.02.16 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wrong forum, genius...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

10.22.16 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 244 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member
    Dude that song fucking rocks! It rocks so damn much, I'll move it to burly rock songs forum. Out.

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 05:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold:
    Clinton's phony war on Terrorism

"Bill Clinton was happy to allow Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to support the Taliban, seeing them as a useful counterbalance to Iran.
    Ok, you probably know that I hate Clinton [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] ......but the above is no surprise. Sadam was a counterbalance to Iran as well. We let him do whatever until he said "I want another country for myself." Another example is India as a counterbalance to China. India went ahead and tested their nukes against our wishes....and we put "sanctions" on them. (we did not "sanction" Pakistan who did the same). The flip side to that was the sanctions against India didn't amount to much and just for the hell of it we upped the number of Indians that could come over here on student visas. So much that goes on just needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or sand) . Clinton is responsible for a whole lot of shit. This can not be blamed entirely on him or any one man. As a matter of fact the above statement should read..."the US Intelligence community was happy to allow Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to support the Taliban, seeing them as a useful counterbalance to Iran."
    The trashman was my hero.......

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.22.16 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Howard Dean for President 2012. YEEEAAARRRGGGHHH!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally posted by chewbaccamonkeylunch:
    This can not be blamed entirely on him or any one man. As a matter of fact the above statement should read..."the US Intelligence community was happy to allow Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to support the Taliban, seeing them as a useful counterbalance to Iran."

And with that said nothing else needs to be.

Because other than ill will nothing is going to be gained by keeping this kind of thing open.

So before someone accuses either Bush or Clinton of being part of the conspiracy to fuck with Pete's Wicked Ale's original formula, among other things...

I'm closing this. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Rock on, Mulder. You too, Scully.

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."