Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:47 PM
    Liked 964 Times in 386 Posts

it has just been reported that this week, there are 2 baseball teams that may not be able to meet this week's payroll for the team and may not even be able to finish the season.

whata joke

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Test5150
    Did they say which two teams?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

NEW YORK -- As baseball prepared to resume labor negotiations following an All-Star break dominated by talk of strike, steroids and stalemate, commissioner Bud Selig claimed a team may not be able to make payroll Monday.

Selig made the comment during an interview Wednesday in Milwaukee with the Houston Chronicle and other papers, saying during the session that a second team had so much debt that it might not finish the season.

Selig did not identify the teams he was referring to, and there was no way to corroborate his claims.

The Houston Chronicle reported in Thursday's editions that Selig might have arranged to keep the Arizona Diamondbacks and Tampa Bay Devil Rays alive financially this past winter, according to its industry sources. The commissioner didn't name which teams are in financial trouble, but said one of them "will surprise you," according to the paper.

Reached at his home Wednesday night, Selig refused to discuss the subject.

"I'm done. Major league baseball's credit lines are at the maximum,'' Selig was quoted as saying in the Chronicle. "We've done everything we can to help people by arranging credit lines. Frankly, at this point in time, we don't have that luxury anymore.

"If a club can't make it, I have to let 'em go. I'm a traditionalist, and I hate all that. It pains me to do it. I just don't have any more alternatives.''

The talks are to resume Thursday.

Players and owners have not held a full negotiating session since June 27, and are far apart on all the key issues: increase revenue sharing among teams, the owners' proposal for a luxury tax to slow payroll growth, random testing for steroids and other drugs, extending the amateur draft world wide, and management's attempt to change salary arbitration rules and eligibility.

On Monday, the union's executive board met in a Chicago suburb. While the board did not set a strike date then, it asked players on individual teams to give it authority to set one. If there is no progress in negotiations, the executive board is expected to call for baseball's ninth work stoppage, setting a walkout date for August or September.

Players and owners also await the upcoming ruling from arbitrator Shyam Das, who heard the grievance filed by the union, which claims management's attempt to fold the Minnesota Twins and Montreal Expos violated the previous labor contract, which expired Nov. 7.

Das has told the sides he will attempt to have a decision by Monday. Contraction was put off by Selig until after the 2002 season following a string of legal losses by baseball in the Minnesota courts, which ruled the Twins had to honor their 2002 lease in the Metrodome.

More from ESPN...
    Selig paints gloomy picture of immediate future
    Painting a gloomy picture of ...

Players don't set strike date, prepare for stoppage
    Atlanta Braves pitcher Tom ...

ESPN Tools
    Email story

Most sent

Print story

ESPN EXTRA
    Contest: Batter Up Trivia
    See how many runs you can score and enter for a chance to win the ultimate family vacation.

they said one team may be detroit

JMJ [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by Chelle:
    I heard it was the American League and National League...they had to stop the game last night in order to pay for Joe Torre's and the rest of the yankees team to fly back to New York.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Selig is on a mission to break the player's union...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chelle:
    I heard it was the American League and National League...they had to stop the game last night in order to pay for Joe Torre's and the rest of the yankees team to fly back to New York.</font>[/QUOTE]hey skank,

how bout flying all the red sox back to boston, or all the diamondbacks and brenly back to arizona?

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Dumb ass owners keep overpaying for no talent bastards.........this is going to happen.
    I respectfully ask.........who cares anymore anyway? No one down here in FL cares that is for sure. Contraction can't come soon enough. Slice about 4 teams from each I say.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.23.12 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SactoFan:

Selig is on a mission to break the player's union...
    No, Selig is on a mission to make an ass of himself...Oops! Wait a minute. He's already done that too many times to count. Maybe you're right after all.
    "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SportsCenter claimed that the Tampa Bay Devil Rays were the team in danger of not being able to finish the season. They also speculated that the Florida Marlins may be the other team in trouble.

no more baseball in America's wang?
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Baseball doesn't belong in FLA anyway, no one gives a shit. Besides, who wants to sit in 95-degree heat with 100% humidity to watch the Florida Marlins?!?!?
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Detroit Tigers and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I have heard that up to six teams may be contracted. (Detroit, Tampa, Florida, Kansas City, Minnesota, and Montreal.)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

did anyone read where baseball made have made special arrangements to help the diamondbacks get through the season?!?!

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I've been hearing about the Arizona situation for months now. The team is so far in debt that its on life suport.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Mario VH:
    I've been hearing about the Arizona situation for months now. The team is so far in debt that its on life suport.
    colangelo, that prick!

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Baseball needs to take the football route: Salary cap, free agency, and revenue sharing.

If the players walkout, a public strike vote needs to be taken. Those who vote yes and walk need to stay unemployed in baseball FOREVER. The owners could pull this off if they stuck together - but they won't. Baseball as we know it is doomed. I only hope I'm wrong.
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!