Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I know we've all been reading spoilers online and saw the teaser before Spiderman this past week.

But, looking ahead to next year, how big do you think the Hulk will get? I think he's a mainstream character in some regards, but I don't think it'll be a big SUPER-blockbuster like Spidey and even the X-Men were.

I don't know why...maybe just a hunch, but I'd bet the Hulk will do about the same as the Mummy or Scorpion King. I can't see the Hulk getting nearly as much marketing pushes as Spidey has gotten recently...

-Cingular Wireless
    -Hardee's (Carl Jr.'s on the westcoast)
    -Dr. Pepper
    -Kellogg's cereals & snacks (ie: Spiderman cereal and Spiderman Pop Tarts)
    -toys and figures out the whazoo
    -video games for all the major systems
    -books, coloring books and paperbacks

There may be more I can't think of right now.

Anyway, back to ol' Green Jeans.

Trailer looks REAL cool...I hope it lives up to the Spiderman hype too.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

03.22.18 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I think The Hulk will be a "minor" hit, taking in about $100-120 million in the U.S.. But they didn't show the Hulk trailer when I went to see Spider-man today, so I'm making a blind prediction.

BTW, each of the Mummy movies did better money-wise than the X-Men did.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Hulk is likely to be a bust. Even thought it's got a "name" director (Ang Lee from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"), that's not always a good thing. He threw out a great script that was pretty faithful to the comics with his own spin on The Hulk.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Early word on the script is that it's a totally different spin on the comic. This time around, Bruce Banner's father, David Banner, is a "mad" scientist who experiments with gamma-radiation (there'll be hulk dogs [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] ) and experiments on himself. He knocks up his wife, she has Bruce (who had the gamma-gene passed onto him), and before you know it-a hulk-baby! I also heard that he will not completely "hulk-out" until the last third of the movie. He'll slowly metamorph to this stage throughout the movie. This Hulk will be 15 feet tall!!! (He's about 9 feet in the comics) Eric Bana plays Bruce Banner, Nick Nolte plays General Ross, and Jennifer Connely will play Betty Ross. I don't think there's a Rick in this movie.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

05.21.18 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 1,597 Times in 1,103 Posts

I would've thought it would've done okay - maybe not as well as SpiderMan has done so far, but okay. But after reading FanHalen's post - I just think of some of the objections Spidey fans have had to the minor tweaks in SpiderMan, I just think the Hulk fans will revolt with such liberties being taken with the Hulk story as rumoured. I mean, Hulk is a big enough character that he has his own rollercoaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure, but it seems comic book enthusiasts can be very persnickety, and they will set the tone for whether or not this movie is worth seeing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

03.22.18 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    The Hulk is likely to be a bust. Even thought it's got a "name" director (Ang Lee from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"), that's not always a good thing. He threw out a great script that was pretty faithful to the comics with his own spin on The Hulk.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Early word on the script is that it's a totally different spin on the comic. This time around, Bruce Banner's father, David Banner, is a "mad" scientist who experiments with gamma-radiation (there'll be hulk dogs [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] ) and experiments on himself. He knocks up his wife, she has Bruce (who had the gamma-gene passed onto him), and before you know it-a hulk-baby! I also heard that he will not completely "hulk-out" until the last third of the movie. He'll slowly metamorph to this stage throughout the movie. This Hulk will be 15 feet tall!!! (He's about 9 feet in the comics) Eric Bana plays Bruce Banner, Nick Nolte plays General Ross, and Jennifer Connely will play Betty Ross. I don't think there's a Rick in this movie.
    Ughhhh... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Why does 1998's Godzilla come to mind when I read this?
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Well, if the spoilers hold true, then I'd predict "the Hulk" either joins the ranks of the first Fantastic Four movie and gets shelved to avoid further public ridicule and outrage OR it goes straight to video after about 2 weeks. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

See, now THIS is the kind of "directorial freedom" I HATE! Some goofball coming in and altering comicbook history to satisfy his own lusty, artistic desires! Ugh! Makes me sick! So much for a cool trailer becoming nothing more than a giant tease for crap! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

05.19.18 @ 08:39 PM
    Liked 224 Times in 138 Posts

That Hulk movie sounds horrible!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's all supposedly rumor, but with the casting and some of the filming that has already taken place that has been seen by "spies"-it's not looking pretty.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

no sir, i don't like the sound of that! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, geezus. This is not good. The TV show was one of my favorites as a kid. I thought it captured the general mood of the comic pretty well. This is almost as bad as Batman getting a thong and nipples on his costume in the last movie! Someone needs to tell Ang Lee to check himself before he gets a Royal asswhuppin from some pissed off fans. This ain't Crouching Hulk!
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by The Full BuD:
    This is almost as bad as Batman getting a thong and nipples on his costume in the last movie!
    *snicker*