Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Nicolas Cage Brought Back to Life
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 1:17 CDT

The Hollywood Reporter says that Nicolas Cage will star in Back Up, a Tom Vaughan-penned spec that has been acquired by Castle Rock Pictures.

A sci-fi thriller described as Memento meets Face/Off, the project will star Cage as a cop who is brought back to life to investigate his own murder.

Based on a story by Vaughan and Jim Wedaa, Back Up is set in the near future, when technology allows for the resuscitation of humans and the "backing up" of their memories onto a computer. Cage plays a cop who gets "backed-up" and wakes up 90 days later with a gap in his memory. Learning that he was murdered and his wife has left him, Cage's character is intent on hunting down his murderer and figuring out what he did during the missing days that ruined his life.

[ October 01, 2002, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

A Grease 3 with Travolta & Newton-John?
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 1:05 CDT

Are you ready to see Danny and Sandy back on the big screen again? If the following is accurate, then this may happen sooner than you think...

An insider at Paramount Pictures confirms that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are indeed in talks to reprise their roles of Danny and Sandy for a "Grease 3" (Although I'm strongly doubting they'll whack a '3' on the end of it). We're told that it would be one 'for the fans' featuring the original stars, who we'd be catching up with all these years later and finding out what's going on in their lives post-T Birds and post-Pink ladies. Stockard Channing is also being eyed to reprise her role as Rizzo. Apparently the idea for a third "Grease" has been hot but the studio backed down when the idea for a Britney Spears /NSync headlined sequel met with much backlash from fans of the original film. Randal Kleiser, the director of the first film, will direct this new film - and he's doing the courting of the leads too.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Warner Bros. Announces Superman Director
    Wednesday, September 25, 2002 8:45 CDT

Warner Bros. Pictures has made it official - director Brett Ratner (Rush Hour 2) will direct Superman for the studio, it was announced today by Jeff Robinov, President, Domestic Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. The studio is targeting a summer 2004 release date.

Produced by Jon Peters (Ali, Batman) and written by J.J. Abrams (Armageddon, executive producer of TV's "Alias"), the project is a re-imagining of the Superman legend. The screenplay is based upon DC Comics' classic character, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

What was not mentioned in the release is that the studio is targeting a summer 2004 release date for the film, a summer in which we can also expect The Amazing Spider-Man and Hellboy from Columbia Pictures.

The trade says that negotiations for Ratner to direct began nearly a month ago. His commitment to Superman will require more than 20 weeks of pre-production.

"It's been a dream since I was a child to do this movie," Ratner said. "I was born to make this movie. It's the perfect time to make this movie, as everyone is looking for someone to save the world, and who better than Superman?"

"Superman is an American icon and a timeless hero who shares a rich history with Warner Bros.," said Alan Horn, President, Warner Bros. "We are very happy to be working with Brett, Jon and J.J. on this important new chapter in the Superman legacy."

Stated Jeff Robinov, "J.J. Abrams and Jon Peters were given the daunting task of re-imagining the Superman epic and J.J. met the challenge, delivering a terrific script with emotion, depth and scale that bring new dimension to this legendary character. We couldn't be more pleased to entrust the next chapter in the Superman mythology to Brett Ratner, a dynamic director whose skillful blend of action, comedy and drama has captured the imaginations of audiences worldwide."

Superman Shooting for Summer 2004
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 12:42 CDT

Variety has more on last night's Warner Bros. announcement that director Brett Ratner is officially on board to direct Superman.

What was not mentioned in the release is that the studio is targeting a summer 2004 release date for the film, a summer in which we can also expect The Amazing Spider-Man and Hellboy from Columbia Pictures.

The trade says that negotiations for Ratner to direct began nearly a month ago. His commitment to Superman will require more than 20 weeks of pre-production.

"It's been a dream since I was a child to do this movie," Ratner said. "I was born to make this movie. It's the perfect time to make this movie, as everyone is looking for someone to save the world, and who better than Superman?"

[ September 26, 2002, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Paramount Pictures Hires the Bad Guy
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 12:30 CDT

According to Variety, Paramount Pictures is in talks to buy rights for the cult comic book Bad Guy, to be developed as a feature by Barry Josephson (Men in Black). David Hayter (X-Men series, The Hulk) will executive produce.

In the story the notion of superheroes saving the world has been turned on its head by writers Jason Harris and Zack Morrissette. Instead, the duo have fashioned a world in which a lone alienated mortal takes on genetically engineered superheroes who, as crime disappears, have become arrogant and bored.

"What 'The Bad Guy' does is take the big bright world of 'Spider-Man' and put Dirty Harry into it," Hayter said.

The story also will involve a female with empathetic talents who is able to read the feelings of the lead character. Harris and Morrissette will pen the first draft under Hayter's supervision.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Matchbox Twenty Unleashes 'Disease,' Third Album Due November 19
    09/25/2002

(9/25/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- Matchbox Twenty is set to release "Disease," the first single from its forthcoming album More Than You Think You Are. The single is set to impact radio on Monday (September 30). The album, produced by Matt Serletic, is due November 19.

"I knew a while back that I wanted 'Disease' to be the first single," said singer-songwriter Rob Thomas in a statement. "I've had a good feeling about this song for a long time. On one hand, it's probably the most rock track we've ever done, because we've been working with Greg Collins, who's engineered bands like System Of A Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and mixer Jim Scott, who's worked with people like Wilco and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. But at the same time, there's a warmness to the record, a real organic quality that I just love."

More Than You Think You Are is the first album where all five members of the band share in the songwriting. The band's last album Mad Season, released in 2000, was certified quadruple platinum, for sales of 4 million copies, and the band's debut Yourself Or Someone Like You has reached 12 times platinum as certified by the Recording Industry Association Of America.

More Than You Think You Are was recorded at Bearsville Studios in Woodstock, New York and it was mixed at the Hit Factory in New York City.

-- Darren Davis, New York

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Stone Temple Pilots' Weiland Hit With Divorce Filing From Wife
    09/25/2002

(9/25/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- The wife of Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland filed for divorce on Monday (September 23) in Los Angeles Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences in a petition for dissolution of marriage.

The couple were married on May 22, 2000, and separated on September 19. Mary Weiland has asked for legal and physical custody of their two children, Noah, who is almost 2 years old, and Lucy, just 2 months old, with supervised visits for the rock singer. She has also asked that separate and community property and assets be determined at a later date.

Stone Temple Pilots currently have tour dates scheduled for the end of September throughout October. In August, singer Weiland had posted on the band's official website, "Life is good and I'm hoping to start a new STP record soon. Otherwise...it's been a pretty uneventful year in STP-world, and I'm bored."

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

DAVE GROHL: LAYNE STALEY's Death Broke My Heart - Sep. 25, 2002

Former NIRVANA drummer and current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl has spoken to Britain's Kerrang! magazine about his sadness over the death of ALICE IN CHAINS frontman Layne Staley.

Grohl was drinking in a Los Angeles bar on April 19th this year when a disconsolate Jerry Cantrell entered the bar. The former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist told Grohl that Staley's body had been found in his Seattle flat, and that it was believed that his old bandmate had died of a heroin overdose.

"I didn't know those ALICE IN CHAINS guys too well," said Grohl, "but for some reason it just broke my heart. I got really upset as I talked to him. It seemed like such a shame that another musician had died of an overdose."

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:

I like the choice. This dude knows how to film action sequences......the only question in my mind is can he keep Clark from looking to "bumpkinish" (Just thought it up!)......I always thought Chirstopher Reeve played Clark Kent to much like he was a total nerd.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FH:
    A Grease 3 with Travolta & Newton-John?
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 1:05 CDT

Are you ready to see Danny and Sandy back on the big screen again? If the following is accurate, then this may happen sooner than you think...

An insider at Paramount Pictures confirms that John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are indeed in talks to reprise their roles of Danny and Sandy for a "Grease 3" (Although I'm strongly doubting they'll whack a '3' on the end of it). We're told that it would be one 'for the fans' featuring the original stars, who we'd be catching up with all these years later and finding out what's going on in their lives post-T Birds and post-Pink ladies.
    I bet this would really suck......Danny grows up to become a scientoligist.....bad idea.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

(in millions)

7 Spider-Man Sony $806.7 $403.7 50.0% $403.0 50.0% 2002

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

7 Spider-Man Sony $805.7 million(worldwide) $403.7 million(USA) 50.1% $402.0
    million(International except USA) 49.9% 2002

8 Star Wars Fox $798.0 $461.0 60.1% $337.0 39.9% 1977

13 Attack of the Clones Fox $633.2 $301.6 47.6% $331.6 52.4% 2002

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Peter Jackson's Zombies: Talking with Fangoria, "Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson indicated he may be going back to his roots after the trilogy is complete. Yep, its time for some corpse awakening - low budget Kiwi style: "I am seriously thinking about the idea of another zombie film. Part of the fun of doing low-budget horror films is the freedom you have. Im kind of thinking that it would be fun to shoot something over a long period of time. Whatever we might do after Lord of the Rings, Im seriously thinking of filming on the weekends.......It'll be another year before I can actually do anything, but certainly now is the time to start planning".

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

STAIND Frontman Pens Ode To Late ALICE IN CHAINS Singer - Sep. 26, 2002

STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis has penned an ode to late ALICE IN CHAINS singer Layne Staley, which will likely be included on the band's next album.

"I think it's just going to be called, 'Layne', and the perspective I took on it was how it just kind of seems like it kind of came and went without all that much to do about the fact that he had passed away," Lewis stated. "It's just, 'I won't forget who you were,' and what he did for me. And how basically the words he was singing — I wasn't doing heroin, but I could still relate and it helped me through times that it seems like my music has helped other people through."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

COCKSTAR Enter Studio To Record Demo - Sep. 26, 2002

COCKSTAR, the new band featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, L.A. GUNS axeman Tracii Guns, ADEMA drummer Kris Kohl, former MÖTLEY CRÜE frontman John Corabi, and previously-unknown vocalist London, are scheduled to enter the studio this week to record six original cuts, presumably to be used to shop around for a record deal.

"We've had two major offers already but were a bit gun shy of major labels," Sixx wrote on MÖTLEY CRÜE's official web site. "This is so pure, it would have to be the right company to win us over."

The songs set to be recorded are as follows:

01. I Got A Gun (And Nothing To Say)
    02. You'll Only Get So Far
    03. Dogs Of Hollywood
    04. Set The Fire
    05. Smell's A Revolution
    06. Natural Born Killers

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

TOMMY LEE To Support AEROSMITH In December - Sep. 26, 2002

TOMMY LEE will reportedly support AEROSMITH on the group's December tour, the exact dates for which have not yet been finalized.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

WB Furious Over Superman Script Hoopla?
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 5:00 CDT

This little bit of news comes from 'Robsuper' & 'david1313' by way of the Superman Cinema site.

WB are absolutely furious at Aint It Cool News' review of the script and is complete panic mode. Heads are rolling and the entire studio is in turmoil. It seems they are scared to death they may have another BATMAN & ROBIN situation on their hands (they do) where negative buzz kills the film before it is even released.

Someone who HATED the script and fought against it is the one who leaked it. The Aint It Cool News review is 100% correct.