Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm fuckin pissed off at Indiana. Myles Brand is a gutless litle bitch, the asshole sets up guidlines that he knew Knight couldn't follow. Kent Harvey's stepfather is a longtime critic of Bobby Knight who's career is dead and plus he has personal problems with Knight so he instructs his stepson to go bait Knight into doing what he did. Obvious setup. Myles Brand has no guts or testicles whatsoever, instead of having some balls about the situation and firing Knight 4 months ago he sets up this zero tolerance plan so he wont look like the bad guy. Bob Knights records speaks for itself, he is a brilliant coach, one of the best if not the best. Maybe he should have been fired but not this way. I have been an IU basketball fan my entire life and I will never watch or attend another game again.

------------------
    " When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my ass" Bobby Knight

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am not an Indiana fan and only mildly care about college ball, but anyone can see Bobby Knight has been had. That little shit student was obviously used to purposely bait Coach Knight into a confrontation. It's so ridiculous its almost funny of how obvious this little fiasco is. I know one thing, that little prick who started it all won't be safe at IU, I don't care what Myles Brand said about "whatever security measures it takes to make him safe".

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

He deserves what he gets. I'm not into college ball, but he has been given opportunities to change his behavior and he has refused. Whether he was baited or not isn't the question, but did he do what he is accused of? My understanding through fox sports and espn is that he was asked to have a meeting with the president etc. and he went fishing instead. Probably he knew the end results,but he definitely will have trouble getting a new job with the perception and attitude he has portrayed.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not necessarily a Knight supporter nor detractor ( and I'm from Kentucky - LOL ).
    I have always respected him for being a great basketball coach, and at the same time have been embarrassed by him as a human being. He may very well have been set up - but he knew he had to be on his best behavior and that people were going to test him to the max. He shouldn't have suggested he was above counseling when the guidelines were first announced. He definitely could have benefitted. Bobby Knight will live on, though - don't be surprised if Isaiah Thomas hires him.

------------------

"Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"Come on FORD, tell us how you really feel." - Said by virtually every member of VHLinks at one time or another.

Ed6150
    Hire Larry Bird !!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

As an Alumni of Indiana University I am beyond mad. Yes coach Knight has had his bad moments, as have we all. But it does not help when the media and the higher-ups at the school have a hard-on for him and have made it clear that this is so. No one ever talks about all the good things coach has done while at IU. His graduation rate, his clean program, the money he has donated over the years to the IU library, the camps and clinics he does for the kids around the state, and more.

A man of his stature deserves more than this, and I can tell you that IU will never, ever receive another donation from me, and I also have put a black piece of tape through my IU alumni license plate.

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics

I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.19.08 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you hear that Ishah Thomas wants him to help as a coach for the Pacers?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

bigdogdo - I do agree with you that Knight has never had much attention paid to his positive contributions (particularly the ones you mentioned). It's like when Pitino took over here at UK - he turned the program around and everybody kissed his ass. As soon as he left - he was the fucking enemy in too many peoples' eyes because they thought he jumped ship (which he did do - but it shouldn't have negated everything positive he did to restore the program). Anyway, my point is the media goes with what sells - sensationalism - not necessarily what is admirable. And once the media starts stirring the pot, all the shit rises to the top. I believe that the media was an immense help ?) in the victimizing of Bobby Knight. (I hope I didn't just make everybody say HUH???)

------------------

"Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"Come on FORD, tell us how you really feel." - Said by virtually every member of VHLinks at one time or another.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Wolf, I am with you, being fromm Indiana I do hear alot about UK bball, Pitino made you guys a power again, and it sounds like he got fucked when he left.

How about IU hires Pitino as the new coach, he is one of the few I could support.

Also I would like the following as the new coach.

Rick Majerus
    Keith Smart( Hit THE SHOT that won the 1987 title and has coached in the CBA and is now an assistant with Clevland in the NBA)
    Steve Alford
    Any IU alumni who coaches

------------------
    Up Front Fanatics

I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Bobby Knight might be a loud-mouth and a pain in the ass, but on top of the 3 National Championships, the 11 Big Ten titles, and a Gold Medal in the Olympics, the IU program was never investigated for infractions against NCAA rules - and best of all - 98% of his players graduate. That's friggin' tremendous, IMO.

His whole downfall was his temper and his individualism. Bot made him great, but both seemed to end his career at IU.

(With a little help from that dirt-bag Brand. )

The fishing trip story made me LMAO.

I like Bobby Knight. He was a jerk at times, but the good outweighs the bad, IMO.

And, don't worry about Knight getting another job. That degenerate Tarkanien (sp) got one, didn't he? LOL.

------------------
    "Sayonara, Suicide, Hari-Kari, Kamikaze, you won't see another evening, bye-bye..."

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning - of course!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to a few of his basketball camps when I was younger & let me tell you he was "an asshole". BUT...there is no finer coach ever to step on the court. He demanded FULL respect from his players...AND everyone around him. Doesn't make him a tyrant though. IU will miss him & so will I. He didn't put up with this "prima dona" shit alot of coaches put up with just because a kid can play ball!!!

------------------
    Inventor of the "Boobie Shot"
    A.D. for life...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coach Knights contributions to the game are unbelievable. Most people dont realize what he has done. His ideas on off the ball defense and half court offense are genious and he was doing all this 20 years ago. Dont worry about Knight getting another job, AD's will be tearing down his door.

------------------
    " When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my ass" Bobby Knight

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

No one doubts his coaching abilities, but his whole personality needs adjusting. It takes more than knowing the ins and outs to make a top university coach. Let's face it asskissing is involved and that is not his nature. He made a total ass out of himself for years. He should have been fired months ago. I do agree however that the timing and the student involved is questionable. I believe less would have been made about this if he had been fired in the spring. He was destined to fail with the restrictions placed on him.

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My thoughts exactly ED6150. Hire the REAL Indiana legend and people in Indiana will be saying "Bobby who?" quicker than you can say "shoot".

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Knight is a bully,plain and simple.
    No longer is it permisible to assault other adults under the cover of "coaching".

In the long run the school will be better off.
    Indiana still has the name and rep and plenty of excellent players will still go there. More will want to play there now, without the fear of being abused by an obviously violent and mentally disturbed person.

------------------
    "No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).