Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Stephen King's Bag of Bones is Coming
    Monday, October 28, 2002 12:25 CST

Helmer Peter Care (The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys) will develop and direct MGM's Bag of Bones based on the 1998 Stephen King novel, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The deal -- closed pending approval from King -- will see Care directing the project, from the David Velos-adapted screenplay, centering on young novelist Mike Noonan, who is helped by the spirit of his dead wife from beyond the grave. Together, they excise the spirit of a murder victim, who has killed several children and now has her eyes on an innocent 3-year-old.

Bruce Willis and Arnold Rifkin's Cheyenne Enterprises is producing, and Care's wife, Lorraine, is co-producing.

[ November 01, 2002, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Terry Gilliam Directing What Next?
    Sunday, October 27, 2002 9:47 CST

Four years since his last movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and two years since The Man Who Killed Don Quixote collapsed six days into shooting, the question of what will Terry Gilliam do next is edging closer.

The most likely is The Blue Ribbon Operation, says Variety, a heist caper that Imagemovers is developing with DreamWorks. Dustin Hoffman and John Cusack are attached with a script by Bill Wheeler.

Alternatively, there's Brothers Grimm at MGM, which may shoot next spring. This much-bigger-budget project, scripted by Ehren Kruger, is a fantastical action-adventure that casts the 19th-century folklorist siblings as roving fighters against enchanted creatures.

The dark horse remains Tidelands. It's adapted by Gilliam and Tony Grisoni from Mitch Cullin's novel about a Texan girl who escapes from her harsh reality into her imagination.

Definitely out of the running are Scaramouche and Good Omens, says the trade.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KID ROCK Announces Wedding Plans, Slams TOMMY LEE Over TV Appearances - Oct. 27, 2002

KID ROCK and fiancée Pamela Anderson will walk down the aisle mid-spring in a "traditional-type ceremony — complete with big white gown, great food, plenty of fancy decorations and lots of family and friends," Rock revealed to the New York Post during his visit to New York last week for Bette Midler's "Hulaween Ball".

"Pam and I are very excited. We are very much in love and very compatible — and we can't wait to make all of us an official family," he told the paper.

Rock, who say he's "infuriated" by some of the antics of Anderson's ex-husband, Tommy Lee, in the recently-settled battle with Anderson over the custody of sons Dylan, 4, and Brandon, 6, believes that he can be a far better dad to the boys than their biological father because of his experience in raising his own son, Robert Jr., 9.

"I'm a single parent. I've raised my son since he was 6 months old," Rock told the Post. "Parenting Pam's kids does not scare me in the least — I am qualified, and my heart is up to the task."

According to Kid Rock, Lee's recent TV appearances where he claimed that he was a changed man from his days as the drummer for MÖTLEY CRÜE are nothing more than "a well-orchestrated publicity ploy to paint [himself] as the perfect parental role model and Pam as an unfit mother."

"He's a great father when the cameras are rolling, and when they're not, Lee is nowhere to be found," Kid Rock said.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Former CANDLEBOX Singer To Release Solo Album - Oct. 28, 2002

Former CANDLEBOX frontman Kevin Martin will shortly release his long-awaited solo album, "The Possibility Of Being", through Tympanic Records. Martin was previously signed to Gold Circle Records, the now-defunct company funded by Gateway Computers.

To pre-order a copy of KEVIN MARTIN & THE HIWATTS' "The Possibility of Being", send $12 plus $3 dollars shipping and handling (within the U.S.) or $15 (US) plus $6 shipping and handling (overseas) to:

Tympanic Records
    931 Alandele Avenue
    Los Angeles, Ca. 90036
    USA

Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Michelle Yeoh is The Masked Crusader
    Tuesday, October 29, 2002 12:46 CST

Michelle Yeoh will act in and produce The Masked Crusader, about a female Robin Hood. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the $10 million film will be directed by cinematographer-turned-director Jingle Ma. Principal photography is expected to start in January in Hong Kong, China and Japan.

"Masked Crusader" is based on the legendary Wong Ngung, who fought for justice for the underdog and was a popular subject of black-and-white films of the 1960s, with many of the top actresses of the time portraying her.

This version, set in the year 2009, will be the first time a modern-day film has been made about her.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JOHN KALODNER: Chemistry Between Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Is Amazing - Oct. 29, 2002

The chemistry between former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass), Izzy Stradlin (guitar) and Matt Sorum (drums) in their as-yet-unnamed new project is "amazing", according to industry veteran John Kalodner, who has heard some of the band's recent instrumental demos. The group, which has reportedly written more than 40 songs since forming earlier in the year, is still on the lookout for a suitable lead vocalist, having previously auditioned ex-BUCKCHERRY frontman Joshua Todd and current NEUROTICA singer Kelly Shaefer (who was jamming with the group in Los Angeles as recently as last week), among others.

Although Izzy is said to be involved in the writing process for the group's upcoming debut album, he will not be touring with the band, who have now officially recruited McKagan's LOADED bandmate Dave Kushner as a session guitarist for all live appearances in support of the CD.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

DEF LEPPARD Announce U.S. Dates - Oct. 28, 2002

DEF LEPPARD have announced the following U.S. dates in December:

Dec. 06 - San Diego, CA @ Radio show TBA
    Dec. 08 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay
    Dec. 10 - Phoenix, AZ @ America West Arena
    Dec. 11 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheater
    Dec. 12 - Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Arena
    Dec. 13 - Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena
    Dec. 14 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    Dec. 16 - Salt Lake City, UT @ E Center
    Dec. 17 - Denver, CO @ Magness Arena
    Dec. 19 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Sioux Falls Arena
    Dec. 20 - Council Bluffs, IA @ Mid-America Center
    Dec. 21 - Cedar Rapids, IA @ US Cellular Center

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JASON BONHAM: I Was Not Approached About A LED ZEPPELIN Reunion - Oct. 29, 2002

Despite rampant rumors to the contrary, Jason Bonham, son of late LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham, has denied that been contacted by Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, or John Paul Jones about participating in a reunion of the group in 2003.

"No. Not even approached," he told Allstar recently while on tour with Indiana rock band HEALING SIXES. "I spoke to Jimmy briefly before I came on tour. I was telling him what I was doing. I'm playing in England with some other friends of mine called the LONDON QUIREBOYS and he was just inquiring what I was up to and wishing me luck in what I was doing. So there was no word from there and I haven't spoken with Robert in quite a long time."

Asked if he would abandon his HEALING SIXES plans for a ZEPPELIN tour, Bonham responded, "Would I? If they asked me, of course. Anyone would look to play with them."

HEALING SIXES are touring North America in preparation for their "Enormosound" album release on Holland's Corazong Records.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

New Line Preparing Iron Man
    Tuesday, October 29, 2002 12:40 CST

Iron Man seems to be moving a step closer to hitting the big screen according to Screen Daily. They report on what's upcoming for New Line:

Galano attributes the deals and the "tremendous reponse" she has received from other buyers to the diversity of New Line's slate in the next couple of years. It includes sequels to Blade and The Mask, superhero adventure Ironman, action thriller Cellular, emotional drama The Notebook starring Gena Rowlands, Joan Allen, James Garner and Ryan Gosling, big-budget Christmas comedy Elf starring Will Farrell and biggest of all, two or three movies based on the fantasy book series His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman which are currently being adapted by Tom Stoppard. The films, which will have a large CGI component much like The Lord Of The Rings, will be released in 2004, 2005 and 2006, if they become a trilogy. If not a trilogy, they will be made into two films kicking off in 2004.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Adam Sandler Gives Fifty First Kisses
    Wednesday, October 30, 2002 1:29 CST

Adam Sandler is attached to star in and produce Fifty First Kisses at Columbia Pictures, reports Variety. The script, by George Wing, is undergoing a rewrite by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel.

The trade says "Kisses" could potentially reteam Sandler with Drew Barrymore, his co-star from The Wedding Singer, but no offer has been made. Jay Roach was originally attached to direct the project. However, he has since turned his attentions elsewhere and the studio is actively seeking a helmer.

Barrymore recently wrapped Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle for the studio, which she also produced.

Fifty First Kisses is a romantic comedy about a man who falls in love with a woman after a memorable encounter, only to find that she suffers from severe short-term memory loss and has no idea who he is. To win her, the man must get her to fall in love with him all over again every day.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Hyde Park & Crusader Adapting Mandrake the Magician
    Wednesday, October 30, 2002 12:55 CST

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hyde Park Entertainment has teamed with Crusader Entertainment to acquire the rights to the classic fantasy comic strip Mandrake the Magician. The companies, which will co-finance and co-produce the live-action "Mandrake," have tapped writing team Josh Oppenheimer and Tom Donnelly (Crusader's A Sound of Thunder) to adapt the strip for the screen.

Created by Lee Falk in 1934, the long-running comic strip is now syndicated in more than 200 newspapers on six continents. The strip follows Mandrake on various adventures as he uses his powers of hypnotism and illusion to combat crime. He's often joined by his partner, Lothar, and his girlfriend, Princess Narda. The film is said to follow the magician from the United States to Europe to South America in a "big-canvas adventure story."

Meanwhile, 'cesar' also sent us this casting call from Crusader Entertainment...

Crusader Entertainment has reunited director David Anspaugh and Writer Angelo Pizzo, the creative team behind HOOSIERS and RUDY, for Game of Their Lives, the true story of the American soccer team who pulled off one of the sporting world's most stunning upsets, defeating the powerhouse English in the 1950's World Cup, based on the novel by Geoffrey Davis.

Game of Their Lives is the true story of a hastily-assembled amateur team of American soccer players who overcame all odds to topple the English on the world stage. They were the last of the great amateur sportsmen, pitched against the first of the new professionals - England, the inventors of the game.

And you can be part of it! Crusader Entertainment is holding open tryouts for the film in the following cities:

Los Angeles: October 29th
    Washington D.C.: November 6th
    New York/ New Jersey: November 9th
    Chicago: November 11th
    St. Louis: November 13th
    Denver: November 15th
    (More information as it becomes available)
    In these cities, call 888-507-GAME to register.

Crusader seeks accomplished male soccer players, ages 18-30 to demonstrate a minimum of collegiate level skills for a shot at a role in a major Hollywood film. Those determined by the film's staff to have sufficient soccer skills will be asked to audition for speaking roles at a later date. We anticipate the film will begin shooting in the Spring of 2003.

You MUST register to tryout.
    Call 1-888-507-GAME

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - 'Osbournes' Gets Launch Date
    10/29/2002

(10/29/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- The second season of The Osbournes will commence on November 26. The hit reality series, which follows the exploits of Ozzy Osbourne and his clan, debuted last year and quickly became one of the highest-rated shows in MTV history.

This year promises to be different--at least thematically--as the Emmy-winning series will include family matriarch Sharon Osbourne's battle with colon cancer, and the inclusion of Robert Marcato, a teen friend of the family who was "adopted" by the Osbournes after losing his mom to the same disease.

"This season the show takes on a whole new meaning as we share the highs and the lows of the last six months with our viewers," says Sharon Osbourne. "With the Osbournes, you never know what you're gonna get."

The new season of The Osbournes will launch on November 26 at 10:30 p.m. ET.

-- Steve Iervolino, New York

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

METALLICA's LARS ULRICH Offers Update On New Album - Oct. 30, 2002

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich made a surprise appearance yesterday during a club chat session via METALLICA's fan club web site, Metclub.com, and answered a few questions posed by club members.

Among the items revealed by Lars during the session were the following:

* A few of the recently-composed new songs have been discarded for the first time ever and the band are now on what they call "round two of the keepers".

* Lars really did sing on the third verse of the RAMONES cover song "53rd and 3rd" (to appear on the upcoming "We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones" compilation CD)

* There are between 10 and 20 songs planned for the new album

* The band is not currently planning any more small gigs like the Kimo's club show that took place in early June.

* When asked about how the recording process is going, Lars said: "The hardest thing is forcing myself to go home and eat dinner with the family. Time, baby, is a hard thing for me to juggle."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE's TOM MORELLO Sets Record Straight On DMX Collaboration - Oct. 30, 2002

AUDIOSLAVE guitarist Tom Morello recently set the record straight on his band's collaboration with rapper DMX, which, according to Morello, took place "a couple of months ago."

"We sent him a track that he just loved and we were originally going to do it for a soundtrack, but he loved it so much he wanted to put it on his next record," Morello explained. So we said, 'All right, fine,' and we came up with a new track which is really one of the most slamming...It's probably the definitive...Rock-rap has had a nice long life, and I'd have to say that it's gonna be tough to cap this one."

Morello added: "It's a song called 'Wrecking Ball'. It's not on our record. We're trying to find the right place for it to come out. It's really a phenomenally roaring track with DMX and [AUDIOSLAVE vocalist] Chris [Cornell], or DMX and AUDIOSLAVE. We're not sure where those songs...The one song will come out on DMX's record. I'm not sure where the other song will come out."

On reports that a song called "Here I Come" is on the "Cradle 2 The Grave" soundtrack, Morello responded, "I don't know anything about that. I read something about that in Rolling Stone. I don't have any idea what that movie is and I certainly know that's nothing we've talked about."

AUDIOSLAVE's self-titled debut is due to be released on Nov. 19 through Epic Records.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Zakk Wylde, Others To Back Baseball's Scott Spezio
    10/29/2002

(10/29/02, 5 p.m. ET) -- Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde will anchor the backing band for the World Champion Anaheim Angels first baseman Scott Spezio for a performance on Fox Sports Net's The Best Damn Sports Show Period! on Friday (November 1).

Spezio fronts a group called Sandfrog, a metal- and grunge-minded sextet based outside Chicago. But with the other band members unavailable, the ball player hooked up with the guitarist for the high-profile television appearance, as well as former Ozzy bassist Mike Inez and Testament/White Zombie drummer John Tempesta.

Spezio joins former Major League Baseball pitchers Jack McDowell and Scott Radinsky in fronting bands when they weren't on the field. McDowell's project is known as Stickfigure, while Radinsky fronts the veteran punk group Pulley.

Audio samples and more information on Sandfrog can be found at sandfrog.com.

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles