Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gladiator

Traffic

Erin Brokavich

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

It's a tough one. Erin Brockavich was an awesome movie and Julia Roberts kicked ass but I don't think B.P. Crouching Tiger...cool special effects. Matrix anyone? Also not B.P. I think it's between Traffic and Gladiator. Visually, both were great, acting, can't get any better. I think several of the supporting cast members deserved nominations in Traffic. The best part of Traffic was that it was scary how real it was. Great film! As for Gladiator, awesome cinematography! Russel Crowe did a great job! Really a great adrenaline rush and a very stirring story. Very tough contest.

One thing that gets me though. I still think O Brother Where Ar't Thou deserved a nomination for B.P. The cinematography was great, the acting, and the adaptation of the Odyssey. Awesome film!

Another film that deserved a little more props. Shadow of the Vampire.

So, what's the feedback? about the nominations, what should have been nominated, etc...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Yeah its a tough call this year.

I think personally Traffic should win...the Academy is trying to make Gladiator out to be like Braveheart, but i dont think thats fair...Braveheart was a better movie although Gladiator was cool in its own right.
    Traffic was really well done.
    Shadow of the Vampire was pretty cool actually...Willem DaFoe, one of my favorite actors since his work in Platoon has to win best supporting actor for his portrayol of Count Orlock.
    Anyone see Snatch yet? That is actually a really fun movie...great flick. That classic english style of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
    American Psycho this year was also a fantastic movie...one of the best of the year i think...see it if you haven't great take on the "Yuppie" of the 1980s.

Traffic picture of the year i think though.

Late.

------------------
    The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Sucks, Van Halen is too good for that disgraceful establishment! OUT!

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Willem Dafoe is definately one of my favorite actors too. The guy is the greatest character actor of the past ten to fifteen years. The guy has been in WW2 movies and Vietnam movies as soldiers, he's played Christ, he's been an inmate (in many films including this year's Animal Factory-cool movie), a detective (in '99's Boon Dock Saints-kick ass movie!) he's been businessmen, he's been vampires, he's been street punks, he's been terrorists, etc... Him and Johny Depp are some amazing actors!

And yeah, I've seen American Psycho. Cool flick. "Sports was one of Huey Lewis and the News best albums....SLASH!"

As for Gladiator, I don't know. I thought that film had some pretty great visuals. The cinematography, the battle scenes, a great cast, good story. I'm not willing to make the call between the two movies.

And Braveheart. Good movie but I like Liam Niesen's Rob Roy (made a few years prior) better. But if you want to see a really great United Kingdom film, check out Micheal Collins.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I would pick Gladiator! I was blown away by that movie when I saw it in the theatre! The effects and fight scenes are great, as well as the characters and story.

------------------
    Right Now you're reading my post!
    She's a vision from coast to coast...
    Kicking back ain't kicking you...
    Don't disturb my paradise,
    i've asked you once, I asked you nice...
    Up Front Fanatics!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just saw Traffic tonight and it is definetly the best movie I have seen. Gladiator was too hyped up for me when I saw it. Good movie, but when I rented it it was kinda disappointing because of the expectations. I guess I should have seen it on the big screen. I think Castaway should have been nominated...surprised it wasn't...but Tom Hanks has the Best Actor Oscar wrapped up.

Traffic will win for sure...great movie.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

[This message has been edited by Rat Salad (edited February 25, 2001 at 10:04 PM).]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My pick is Traffic! What a GREAT movie! one of the best I have EVER seen! If Gladiator wins I will be annoyed....I think Traffic is MILES better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Boondocked Saints is a great movie Hooligan...i though no one else saw that movie but me...really cool
    I recommend Suicide Kings as well starring Christopher Walken...not a highly regarded movie but good in its own right

The best UK movie i think i have seen was Excalibur...what a classic that was...if you like that sword fighting shit you'll love that movie.
    Rob Roy i did not like...you know it came out the same year as Braveheart (1995), but i saw Braveheart first and i always kind of thought Rob Roy was the bootleg Braveheart.

I'll tell you what though i can't wait until Lord of The Rings comes out at Christmas time...the trailers look epic.

Late.

------------------
    The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Sucks, Van Halen is too good for that disgraceful establishment! OUT!

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:29 PM
    Liked 16,494 Times in 9,347 Posts

The two bests movies of the past year were Traffic and The Contender.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Icecream-man:

I recommend Suicide Kings as well starring Christopher Walken...not a highly regarded movie but good in its own right

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on Icecream-man that is a great movie, Dennis Leary is great in it as well.