Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2001

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kasi VH:
    billy007...tomorrow is opening day! where is our football thread?? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, right here!

Okay, folks, the time is now - kickoff is just hours away - time to talk about how your team(s) expect to do this season.

Just gotta love football. I love baseball and stock car racing, but there's something beautiful about some mouth-breathing behemoth taking down the pretty boy quarterback - gets me every time! (Well, except when it's one of my teams' pretty boy quarterback). I like the Patriots, Buccaneers and Jaguars - don't expect too much out of my AFC teams this year (though a healthy Jacksonville could surprise), but the Buccaneers should be ready to rumble, and I know there's a bunch of fans of (South) America's Team around here, and your team should be the first victim!

So lets get a meaningful discussion going about why there are no dinosaurs in the NFL!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:44 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Tampa Bay/Denver Superbowl i think...preseason pick

but watch out for my SAINTS woooo Run Ricky Run
    can't wait till they let the Duece Loose

WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT

Late.

oh yeah and the Browns suck balls
    Kosovo Je Srbija

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

ALRIGHT!! This is what I was talkin about! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm a huge Colts fan. My brother got me addicted to football about 3 years ago...ever since I've been a football lovin freak! So today the Colts take on the Jets. If the Colts win today it will make the 3rd year that they have won their opening game...will they do it?? Yes, I think so [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    GO PENS!!

"Have fun in Canada, Boomhauer. Don't you dare come back a hockey fan.​" - Hank Hill

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The 49ers are my team. I'm glad that they made a comeback in the 4th quarter and won in overtime. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] The defense has improved from last year. On offense they have a great receiving trio with Owens, Stokes, and Streets.

Up next, the Saints! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 09, 2001 at 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Dan Halen ]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

well...

my cowboys looked much improved from last year of defense anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

offensively is the same story [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] emmitt will be hard pressed to run for 1,000 yards this year.

and quincy is gonna get his lumps. they just need to let him play to see what happens. aikman went 0-11 his first year as a starter so we'll see.

but at least the defense was aggressive today, they had some bright spots and a bunch of hard hits. that's something to build on.

i think when TB gets their shit together, if they do, they will represent the nfc.

in the afc, i have to say the broncos. i hate the fucking raiders!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] even if my cowboys only win one game all year, long as it's oakland, that is kewl with me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

and how bout san diego huh? norv turner is gonna have brees and tomlinson like he had emmitt and troy...good deal huh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

titans look like shit right now....only week one....we'll see...no major injuries, always a plus...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

At least I adopted a new team when I moved to Indy, and they are respectable. It's nice to have a team that actually scores touchdowns!

My good old Steelers ain't goin' anywhere with that moron Cowher and his bitch Kordell Stewart (hey, only THREE turnovers for him today!) in town. Those of you who think Stewart is any good are mistaken; he had ONE decent season is '97, and then defenses realized "hey, let's make him throw the ball!",and since then, he has been one of the worst QB's to ever be handed (repeatedly) a starting job in the NFL. With no passing threat, Bettis is ineffective. What a shame...they were gods in the 70's, and are now a joke.

Anyway, my Colts are looking decent!
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Anybody ever do a "suicide pool"? I'm in one this year and I survived the first week!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Packers 31, Oakland 27 in the Super Bowl.

Thanks for your support!
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you think Bret could have gotten the ball to A. Freeman little more. Selfish Fantasy player. He didn't do shit for me on Sunday.
    "Two Dicks WOW!" --Bonnie Bernstein

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:
    well...

my cowboys looked much improved from last year of defense anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

offensively is the same story [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] emmitt will be hard pressed to run for 1,000 yards this year.

and quincy is gonna get his lumps. they just need to let him play to see what happens. aikman went 0-11 his first year as a starter so we'll see.

but at least the defense was aggressive today, they had some bright spots and a bunch of hard hits. that's something to build on.

i think when TB gets their shit together, if they do, they will represent the nfc.

in the afc, i have to say the broncos. i hate the fucking raiders!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] even if my cowboys only win one game all year, long as it's oakland, that is kewl with me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

and how bout san diego huh? norv turner is gonna have brees and tomlinson like he had emmitt and troy...good deal huh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

titans look like shit right now....only week one....we'll see...no major injuries, always a plus...

JMJ
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOUR Cowboys? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Well, I guess we can co-own (wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Jones getting traded [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

I was impressed with their D, and I think the O will gel with experience. If it's another 1-15 year, sobeit... maybe that means another Aikman in the making [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <b><i>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Darkness, imprisoning me.<br />All that I see: absolute horror.<br />I cannot live<br />I cannot die<br />Trapped in myself<br />Body my holding cell<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /></i></b>

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me and Diggyd's Pack are gonna go far this year, mark my words! They steamrolled the Lions with a great rushing game by Ahman Green. I think their defense will surprise this year, with the vet Leroy Butler, all-pro Darren Sharper, and first rounder Jamal Reynolds. Not to mention Gbaja-Biamila, who registered 3 sacks Sunday [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

With the sluggish performances of the Vikings, Bears and TB (barely beating Dallas), GB is looking good to take the division this year.

As for the AFC, I think the Colts and Ravens will be the cream of the crop this year (what happened to the TItans this weekends? ouch..)

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wombat:
    Do you think Bret could have gotten the ball to A. Freeman little more. Selfish Fantasy player. He didn't do shit for me on Sunday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Freeman was still recovering from a concussion suffered in the preseason, and wasn't 100%. He did throw a nice block for A. Green though. As for Favre not doing shit as a fantasy player this week, he did pretty well for me, helping me win. 200+ yards, 2 TD's, and 0 INT's is a pretty good statline compared to the other starting QB's this week. I thought he did a fine job.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm cheering for the chargers (because of flutie) and the 49ers (because of garcia). they're both 1-0 so far. can't complain yet.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Love the CHARGERS!!! Flutie at QB with Drew Brees learning in the wings. LaDainian Tomlinson (arguably a candidate for Rookie of the year) at Running Back. Tim Dwight retuning kicks. Jones, Conway, and Graham receiving. Seau, Harrison, and Whiley part of the defensive team. Bennet as your punter. A new GM and coordinators at the helm.

They are going to go from a 1-15 season last year to . . .here I go . . .9-7 or 10-6 mark this year, making the playoffs. This is if they keep the gang healthy. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 974 Times in 391 Posts

shhiiitt [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]....

bad hit mccafrey took last night man! ouch!!
    broken fookin leg, that's gonna hurt the broncos. that's why shanahan picked up kennison though, they'll have to step it up.

i mean hot damn, griese picked the giants apart. broncos looked the best of all the teams in week 1 imo. next week they are at indianapolis...should be entertaining....those 3 running backs on turf [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

lates

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw