Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When will his 15 minutes be up?

NEWS - Limp Bizkit Starts Work On Next Album, Durst Keeping Guitar Options Open
    03/01/2002

(3/1/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- Limp Bizkit has started work on its next album, the follow-up to Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water, in spite of the fact it has yet to name a replacement for departed guitarist Wes Borland.

In a message on the Limp Bizkit website, frontman Fred Durst wrote, "We are set up in [DJ] Lethal's studio and jamming already. The vibe is incredible. We are exploding at the seams with emotional creativity, it's on!!!"

Durst told LAUNCH he's keeping his options open when it comes filling the shoes of Borland. "Don't be surprised if we don't find somebody, if I don't go f--kin' take the people we can write with and I've got five guitar players on the new record, and I've got five guitarists on f--kin' tour. And each song that they wrote, they'll be out on stage f--kin' playing it. Don't be surprised. If that's what happens. I'm always looking for that person. And if it happens in the middle of that...If that's what happened and all of the sudden the guy came up and it happened. We found him, we'd stop. We'd go, 'This is the guy.'"

Durst added on his website that he's "signing two or three bands from the talent search, and I'm not even done listening to the demos yet."

-- Darren Davis, New York and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

have they made any recently?
    Favorite VH Song

still waiting
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know you are just the messenger FH,
    But WHO CARES!

LIMP DOGSHIT is just that. DOGSHIT!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I know one of the guys that was called back for a jam session. Monte Pittman played with Madonna last year and maybe he'll get the spot.

From what I understand, Durst wants to change their music to more guitar oriented. Monte would be the perfect choice.

Monte Pittman is a bad ass guitarist. If he doesn't hook up with Limp, then you'll hear about him somewhere else. The dude is awesome.

I'd like to see Monte in a band where he has more control, because he blow everybody off the stage.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Could this be the end of 'N Shit? Hopefully.
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Justin Timberlake: Should He Stay Or Should He Go?

Multiplatinum teen pop groups are a lot like luminous stars about to go supernova. With a tremendous burst, the star's core collapses and its energy is blasted into interstellar space. Traces remain for years, but the fiery glow is gone and its essence becomes mere stardust.

New Kids on the Block, New Edition, Menudo and Spice Girls are just a handful of groups that were flying high one moment and fading away the next.

One way artists sometimes try to delay or even avoid their seemingly inevitable decline is by leaving their group and striking out on their own. Of course, there's no guarantee such a move will recharge the engine, as evidenced by Melanie B., Geri Halliwell and Joey McIntyre. But for Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Robbie Williams and others, stepping out provided a chance to reach even more stratospheric heights — which explains why there's so much talk right now about 'NSYNC's Justin Timberlake going solo.

Fans aren't the only ones talking. On "TRL" late last year, Elton John hinted that he would play piano on a Timberlake solo disc (Justin played a young Elton in John's "This Train Don't Stop There Any More" video). Last month, Angie Stone revealed that Timberlake wants her to guest on the record as well (see "Angie Stone Makes Studio Time With Timberlake, Moby, Keys"). And Raphael Saadiq said he is planning to be one of the producers for the project (see "Raphael Saadiq, D'Angelo Wait For Booty Call On New Single").

Last year, Timberlake ventured outside the 'NSYNC family to record guest vocals for Brian McKnight's Grammy-nominated song "My Kind of Girl" and to co-write and co-produce "What It's Like to Be Me" from Britney Spears' Britney, which came out in November. And as the lead singer, writer and producer of 'NSYNC, he's already proven he can write and produce smash hits.

However, in a recent MTV poll, more than 50 percent of those who responded said that Justin should stay with his bandmates.

"If Justin went solo he could never in a million years get the reception that 'NSYNC gets," said Danielle from Green Bay, Wisconsin. "They work so well together as a group because each member brings something unique to the group and gives them a wider fanbase."

Only 34 percent suggested Timberlake should leave the group, but many in that minority voiced their opinions with the most emphatic words.

"Justin is 'NSYNC," wrote Melissa from Columbus, Georgia. "He wrote almost all the songs on Celebrity, and all of his singles are doing very well. If there was no Justin, then there would be no 'NSYNC. If Justin was the star of "On the Line" instead of Lance and Joey, the movie would have done much better at the box office. It is and will always be Justin and the Timberlakes. J-Dog, do us all a favor and go solo. You don't need them."

Lindsey from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was just as insistent: "Justin is the only one that sings and has a lead role as it is. Isn't he already solo with some background singers and dancers?"

Some participants in the poll felt that without Timberlake, 'NSYNC wouldn't have the starpower to continue their chart reign.

"He'd probably be really successful, but I think that if he decided to [go solo] his former 'NSYNCers would be screwed," wrote Mary from Hamilton, New York. "They are all talented individually, but you've got to admit, Justin Timberlake carries the group on his very attractive shoulders."

Still other fans argued that Timberlake would sputter and choke without the rest of 'NSYNC.

"If Justin feels that he should go it alone, then he should, but he shouldn't be expecting the same popularity that he has with 'NSYNC," opined Meghan from Rochester, New York. "His fans love him because of his association with the group, and some may not want to see him solo. I just hope he knows what he is doing and he doesn't end up a has-been before his 22nd birthday!"

Willow from Chicago was less diplomatic. "Without the other four members of 'NSYNC, Justin is merely Mr. Britney Spears. Much like Nicole Kidman (who remained in the shadows of Tom Cruise until their divorce), Justin, on his own, will be more famous for being Britney's boyfriend than he will be for any talent he may possess. As long as he is with Britney, he needs the rest of the group."

In all likelihood, nothing's gonna stop Timberlake from recording a solo album, but just because he's gonna enter the studio without Lance, Joey, Chris and JC doesn't mean he has any intention of leaving 'NSYNC for good.

Even if that's his eventual goal, he'll probably wait until he has a successful solo record under his belt before making any sort of official announcement. Even then, if he's as savvy as he seems to be, Timberlake just might wait until 'NSYNC lay an egg before he waves bye bye bye to his bandmates.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

It'd be nice if he left NSync - not only would his career spiral to nothing, NSync's would do the same.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The A-Team Movie Update
    Saturday, March 2, 2002 11:31 CST

Countingdown tells us they received a cool update from the Development Head of Top Cow, Chris Carlisle, concerning the latest on "The A-Team" movie.

According to Chris, the script is done, but it needs more work. As for the feel that they are going for, Chris responded, "[w]hile it's clear the A-Team as conceived and executed on TV was very successful on a comedic level, we envision the film to have a little more weight dramatically. Lethal Weapon would be a good model: a story that is dramatic and exciting with great action, but watching the characters is still a tremendous amount of fun from moment to moment."

Carlisle added that no casting has taken place yet, but "there is certainly room for the original casts' involvement, although no formal discussions have been initiated on that front." No release date has been set yet for the film.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FILTER Line Up Touring Guitarist, Announce Tentative CD Release Date - Mar. 3, 2002

FILTER have lined up Al Bailey as the group's new live touring guitarist, according to the band's official web site at www.officialfilter.com. Stated mainman Richard Patrick, “[guitarist] Geno [Lenardo] and I gave [Al] the friendly phone call last night and he almost pooped his pants. I can't wait to go on the road with this guy, he knows my parts better then me and he's going to add such a larger sound on the road.”

FILTER will issue their long-awaited new CD, entitled The Amalgamut, through Reprise Records in July, to be preceded by the album's first single sometime in June. As previously reported, The Amalgamut was mixed by Patrick and producers Rae Dileo and Ben Grosse at Los Angeles' The Mixroom Studios and “is sonically the most incredible record we've been a part of,” according to Patrick. The tentative track listing for the effort is as follows (in no specific order):

01. You Walk Away
    02. The American Cliche
    03. Columind
    04. Where Do We Go From Here
    05. So I Quit
    06. It Feels Like That You're With Me And Against Me
    07. My Long Walk to Jail
    08. The Missing
    09. God Damn Me
    10. I Like the World Today
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MARILYN MANSON: New Album Has No Resemblance To What People Are Expecting - Mar. 3, 2002

MARILYN MANSON has completed work on 11 songs for their upcoming album, which is currently being recorded at a Los Angeles studio for a tentative late spring/early summer release through Nothing/Interscope Records. According to the singer, “[the new material] has no resemblance to what most critical prophets of the identity-free forum [i.e. MARILYN MANSON's official message board] are expecting.

“I am glad you will all be here to join me on this trip to the only society that matters and that is the society of oneself.

“I miss the stage and I will be heading for it soon enough. But it's going to be something else my darling ones.”

As previously reported, the as-yet-untitled album is reportedly being co-produced by MANSON and Tim Skold (KMFDM, ex-SHOTGUN MESSIAH) and is said to be inspired by groups like MINISTRY, BIG BLACK, NITZER EBB and French writer Marquis de Sade. An appearance by SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison (on guitar, no less), among other guests, is expected.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ANTHRAX's JOHN BUSH: The New Album Will Be Explosive And Energetic - Mar. 2, 2002

ANTHRAX frontman John Bush recently had the following to say about the musical direction on the group's upcoming, as-yet-untitled studio album (tentatively due in Europe on June 24th via Nuclear Blast Records) during an interview with The Metal Gospel:

“I think that it is just a progression really. The best metaphor that I have for it, and it might sound silly but the best thing to be is like a tree and what I mean by that is you will have the main body, the trunk, of a tree which is based on and entrenched in what it is and the roots are the origin but the tree is still growing and the branches are where the tree is growing. Branches grow and leaves grow and the whole tree continues to grow as it lives and that is what a band should do. We don't want to lose the meaning of what this band is about from back in the day, it is powerful, it is heavy, it is loud, it is explosive, energetic, everything that ANTHRAX has always been but we also want to grow and become better song writers and write things that are challenging to us and not just repeating. We just want to be better musicians and writers and I think that shows on this record and I think that the last few records have shown that as well.”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Guitarist Speaks Out On Upcoming Solo CD - Mar. 2, 2002

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS guitarist Robert DeLeo recently offered the following update on the status of his long-awaited solo album: “I am compiling a number of songs that have not made their way onto STP records—not because they're bad songs—just because they never found a place. Though they're different from STP, they still mean a lot to me. I'll be releasing this when the time's right. I'm playing everything but drums, and still trying to figure out whether my voice is best suited for these songs.”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MARILYN MANSON: New Album Has No Resemblance To What People Are Expecting - Mar. 3, 2002

MARILYN MANSON has completed work on 11 songs for their upcoming album, which is currently being recorded at a Los Angeles studio for a tentative late spring/early summer release through Nothing/Interscope Records. According to the singer, “[the new material] has no resemblance to what most critical prophets of the identity-free forum [i.e. MARILYN MANSON's official message board] are expecting.

“I am glad you will all be here to join me on this trip to the only society that matters and that is the society of oneself.

“I miss the stage and I will be heading for it soon enough. But it's going to be something else my darling ones.”

As previously reported, the as-yet-untitled album is reportedly being co-produced by MANSON and Tim Skold (KMFDM, ex-SHOTGUN MESSIAH) and is said to be inspired by groups like MINISTRY, BIG BLACK, NITZER EBB and French writer Marquis de Sade. An appearance by SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison (on guitar, no less), among other guests, is expected.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

METALLICA Documentary By "Paradise Lost" Filmmakers In The Works - Mar. 2, 2002

The following METALLICA update comes to us courtesy of the band's official web site at www.metallica.com:

Eagle-eyed viewers of the Paradise Lost 2: Revelations DVD will have noticed that filmmakers, Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky, mentioned in their biographical section that there was a future project centered around METALLICA. It's all true. At the invitation of the guys, Berlinger and Sinofsky were invited to start filming the band writing and recording, as well as gaining unprecedented access to their private worlds, starting last April. Nothing has been off-limits, meaning the duo have amassed hundreds of hours of footage embracing everything from Phil Towle sessions to 2 AM riffs, and there's a lot more too be done.

"We've only shot 30 or 40% of it, so Joe and I would be hard-pressed to define the project because it's constantly changing," says Sinofsky. "We told [METALLICA co-manager) Cliff (Burnstein) when he asked what kind of film it's going to be, 'Why don't you ask Lars, James and Kirk what kind of album it's going to be?'"

Berlinger, Sinofsky and METALLICA first met each other when the duo were making Paradise Lost: The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills about the three West Memphis teenagers who were accused, and convicted of, a murder many feel they didn't commit. Berlinger and Sinofsky cautiously asked if they could use some METALLICA music in the film (at the time the band hadn't consented to such requests before) and were warmly surprised to find that the band agreed and refused to charge a fee so supportive did they feel of the project.

"It was really very, very cool of them," remembers Sinofsky, "and they supported the follow-up too. It was really the start of a deep and personal relationship which has grown between us all."

It's therefore no surprise to hear that Berlinger and Sinofsky first approached METALLICA about a project centered around them five years ago.

"They weren't ready to be completely open back then," explains Sinofsky. "They said when they were ready they'd come to us, and they have. And Joe and I are extremely excited. It's looking very intimate, very personal and I think it will excite the band too. Joe said early on that if we were going to make a film we wanted to know we were going to get access. If we look at one of our films and realize that other people could've got it, then we've failed."

The last few months will also be documented in the final cut, even though it was hardly expected by the filmmakers.

"Joe and I have dealt with some really difficult subject matter," says Sinofsky. "You don't wish bad news on anyone, but it unquestionably makes for drama and you're there to capture it. So the band going through some flux and some growing pains is the kind of material a filmmaker prays for. Of course, on a personal level you don't want people to go through their tortures and dealing with their demons, but ultimately for the METALLICA fan, they will see things they've never seen before. And to quote Joe, 'I think right now we hit upon an amazingly important band going through some amazing changes."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KISS To Perform "Secret" Show In Jamaica This Week - Mar. 3, 2002

KISS are currently rehearsing for a secret and private concert to be held in Jamaica later this week, bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has revealed via his official web site at www.genesimmons.com. No further information has yet been made available regarding this performance and the identity of the person(s) making the whole event financially possible.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

RAMMSTEIN Headlining Festival Appearances Announced - Mar. 3, 2002

RAMMSTEIN have been confirmed as the headliners of the following European festivals in late spring/early summer:

May 20 – Landgraaf, NETH @ Pinkpop
    May 24 – Madrid, SPA @ Festimad
    Jun. 08 – Milan, ITA @ Gods of Metal
    Jun. 13 – Hultsfred, SWE @ Hultsfred Festival
    Jun. 15 – Seinäjoki, FIN @ Provinsirock
    Jun. 27 – Roskilde, DEN @ Roskilde
    Jul. 06 – SWI @ Ministry of Rock

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former GUNS N' ROSES Drummer Ties The Knot! - Mar. 3, 2002

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler got married on January 23rd of this year to his live-in girlfriend of one year in a small private ceremony. A picture of Steven and his new wife Carolina Adler can be viewed at this location.

On a side note of my own, the BEST thing GNR could ever do is GET THE ORIGINAL LINE-UP TOGETHER!!!

SLASH, IZZY, STEVEN, AXL, AND DUFF!!!!

The only REAL Guns N Roses...