Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hope nobody think's im crazy about this. I have been around this and the old official message board for a few years, so hopefully that get's me by.

I think I seen that little girl! Im not kidding, not that I would kid about something like this. Im stationed at MCAS Yuma Arizona, that's actually in the city of Yuma, so that explains where im at. I was at a Taco Bell last night around 9:30 p.m. I was standing at the counter waiting for my food when this guy (looked like he was a little bit younger then me, im 29 so lets say he is somewhere around 25-27) and this girl walk in. He's dressed in light colored jeans and a short sleeve button up shirt, sorta like a flannel, but thin. But the thing I first noticed was how the girl was dressed, she was in this sky blue dress that had "poofy" short sleeves. It was very long, maybe only exposed half of the shin on down. It looked like something a quaker would wear, or something that you would buy from goodwill or a thrift shop, which is very strange because I have never seen anyone dressed like that around here. It certainly made me think "what is she wearing that for?", especially since it didn't at all fit what the man was wearing, and plus it's about 97 degrees outside. Another strange thing was that the girl was kinda "hanging" on to this guy, like a new girlfriend would, but she could not have been more then 15 years old! As soon as I seen her face I thought that I had seen her before but I didnt have any idea where. After I got my food and sat down I couldnt stop thinking about that little girl, all of a sudden I had a big idea why she looked familiar, as far as what my brain remembered she looked allot like that little girl that had been taken from her home in Salt Lake City Utah. But for some reason I kept talking myself out of it, especially since she didnt seem to be in any distress or danger. I was upset for some reason about this, so I didnt even really eat my food, on my way out the door this girl flat out looked right at me, even though she was eating facing in the complete other direction, really out of her way to look at me. That didnt help how I was feeling! I couldnt get it out of my head on the way home, so as soon as I got to my apartment I checked it out on the internet. Evidently they have a website set up for this, of course they do, if anyone goes to that site, that top picture of her, that looks exactly like the girl! And I didn't realize how tall she is, she's listed as 5'6", which is probably exactly as tall as that girl was. My wife is 5'7", she did look slightly shorter then her.

This is really getting long...

I started to get really upset but I didnt know what to do, the other pictures did have allot of resemblence to the girl I seen, but not nearly as much as that top one! So I call the Taco Bell, and after about 5 minutes of convincing the manager that I wasnt crazy, he went out to see if they were still in the dinning area (it had only been about 23 minutes since I had left the place), but he said they had already left.

I hung up and called the hotline number on the website and gave them all the information I had, they seemed pretty interested considering I didnt know how to talk all of a sudden for some reason. They took down my name and number and said that a detective might, didn't like that might part, call me sometime later.

Well I didn't sleep that well last night, I wish that I would have just said something to them, anything would have worked. I came all the way back to my apt. for lunch just to see if anyone had called me, but no luck.

It's all probably nothing, but I never get overworked about anything, if I was someone else, the fact that "I" was saying this would make me really think that there's something to it. Plus, I never realized how close Salt Lake City is to Yuma, it's about an eight hour drive but the State does border Arizona (I know that now, didn't pay much attention to school stuff like that), and it is about 10 miles away from Mexico. Not bad Mexico, but Touristy "wont get killed" Mexico. The whole scene just didn't seem right at all, he was obviously allot older then her, but not nearly old enough to be a parent, it just didn't seem right, and that was before I thought she looked familiar, it was the second thing that went through my brain!

I just wanted to share this with people that cant tell me to my face that im being crazy. Plus I wonder if there's more that I could do, Im tempted to just call the number again and find out if I can talk to an investigator a little faster.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Dude, I can't even type fast enought to tell you to DEMAND THAT YOU SPEAK TO SOMEBODY IMMEDIATELY ON THIS!! Time is the ONLY thing that will continue to hurt the investigation if that was her. They would be getting farther and farther from the point of origin and will be tougher to track down. Imagine how large the circumfrence grows by the minute from that taco bell to where they could be now in any direction.

Follow your gut and call again QUICKLY! If you dont' get an answer from the hotline, call your local police PRONTO and I'd bet they could hook you up through the back door more quickly. GO GO GO!!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hey seenbad, sorry for the delay, I had to drive back to work. Yeah im thinking along the same lines. I know they probably get a thousand "leads" every day from people that think they had seen her. But I really feel like this is something. Im going to call the hotline number again now and see what more I can do.

Thanks for getting back with me on this, it's really bugging the hell out of me. Plus if it was her and something terrible happens im going to be partially responsible.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It sounds like you did what you should do, but trying different angles (like local police, as Seenbad suggested) is good as well. Not too long ago I read about a possible sighting between here (I live close to the Smart home) and there (Yuma). I don't know if it was validated or not.

When I was in college I was watching TV with the sound off while dinkin' on my guitar. I saw a face of a woman that I was playing tabletop shuffleboard against that previous weekend. I talked with her and her guyfriend for an hour or so. I thought to myself "That looks like the bitch (I tried to help her with her bad form and she did not take kindly to it [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] ) that I played against a few nights ago...why is she on TV?" A few seconds later I saw John Walsh's face (turns out I was watching America's Most Wanted). I didnít know what the story was about because the sound was off. For 2 days I tried to tell myself it was coincidence before I called. It was not coincidence, it was her, and she murdered a 12 year old girl. I talked to more detectives in the following days than I can remember, but I never found out if they caught her. I have always been bothered by the fact that I never called right away.

The guy that killed Samantha Runnion was caught by a tipster.

You are doing the right thing, bro.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I called again, this time they transferred me through to an actual detective, that wasnt there, I left my name and number, and why I was calling, on his answering service.

Tripoutski, man you really got me going on this now. Im going to get out of work (im in the Marine Corp, that's not to hard) and go over to the local police station.

It must suck for you to be a part of all that, and to not have any real closure. That's what's getting me now, I feel like I seen something but im not sure if it's making a difference. Im going to try and do something about that, even if im wrong about it all.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

shit yeah dude! If your wrong, oh well. If your right though, think of the entire world of difference you could make to her and her family and getting a scumbag off the street. It will totally make a difference dude. From what I've read here, I tend to believe its her. It hit you wrong and your going with your gut. You recognized the face. Its close to where she was taken. You may be REALLY on to it man.

Be sure to make yourself available to that detective though, that you left the message with, if you leave work. That guy will SHIT if thats the clothing she was wearing at the time she was taken, and thats the guy you need to talk to most right now. Good decision Willy!!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy cow Willy! You're doing the right thing here my friend~
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wouldn't it be cool if it were a linkster that brought down this bastard? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, I just got back from talking to Yuma's Finest. They werent helpful at all, they basically told me to call the hotline number again and try to get info from them. WTF! The lady at dispatch actually seemed upset with me because I didn't contact them last night, hey I feel the same, I wish that I had, but it's not like this girl said her name was "Elizabeth Smart call the local police please"! I was basically going off of what I had heard on CNN over a month before, I remembered the face but I thought she was much younger then the girl I seen at Taco Bell. Plus, I thought that the hotline would contact local police if they thought that it was possibly a valid sighting. This sucks, screw these jackass's, im going to call the hotline again now and just do it that way.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do whatever you can...It seems that the authorities are being pretty lackadaisical.
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Hey good for you man. I live in Salt Lake City and there is absolutely nothing going on with this case. The flyers and signs are slowly disappearing and there is rarely any coverage on the news. They have had a man in custody for about two months who the media portrays as a suspect. Yet, he has never been charged. This whole case is just too strange. There is virtually no evidence. I have a feeling that poor girl will never be found. I hope that you have found something, that would be wonderful if she were alive.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well, here's the latest. There is no latest. I have called at least 10 times and sent them 3 different "Tips" over the internet. They must already know something that contradicts what I think I seen, I can't imagine any other explanation really. But it cant hurt to check up on everything.

It's still frustrating, she looked exactly like the girl from Utah, and the fact that she was dressed so strangely and everything else. None of it felt right, yet know one gets back with me. I actually put off visiting my wife in Las Vegas (she's on a deployment there for 10 days) for a almost 2 days.

Im not sure how to feel, but if something turns up and that was her, and it turns out badly im going to feel terrible about it for the rest of my life.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Hey, you have done what you can. But, I know the authorities know a lot more than they are telling us. Like I have said, I live here in SLC and I have heard a lot of different info from the police. One of my old frat bros. works for SLCPD and everything that he has heard has not been positive. Unfortunately, most of us in SLC do not think that she is still alive. It is a sad story, but I applaud everything that you have done!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen