Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LIMP BIZKIT Frotnman Sells House Due To "Bad Vibes" - Mar. 20, 2002

LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst has reportedly sold his West Los Angeles home for $3.7 million—$300,000 less than his asking price—because it had the “wrong vibes,” according to The Los Angeles Times. Quoting an unnamed source, the newspaper reports that Durst moved from the property due to “vibes that were not quite correct to him.”

The singer purchased the 6,600-square-foot home last fall, but never moved in. Durst has since bought another house in the Hollywood Hills.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Cornell/Rage Band Set For OzzFest
    03/19/2002

(3/19/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- While the group still has no official name nor release date for its debut album, the new band featuring former Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell and the three remaining members of Rage Against The Machine is confirmed for this year's OzzFest.

The Cornell/Rage project joins a list of previously announced acts that includes System Of A Down, Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, Soil, Onesidezero, and, of course, tour namesake Ozzy Osbourne. Dates for the summer tour have yet to be announced.

While speculation has long surrounded the Rage/Cornell project, details still remain mostly unknown. However, it is possible that an album will be available by the time the band embarks upon the OzzFest dates. An Epic Records spokesperson tells LAUNCH that the label does not make it a practice of putting bands on the road without a release to support.

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DVD News
    E.T. DVD release will have both versions
    Home video version of ANNIVERSARY EDITION will have both old and new cuts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Wednesday, March 20, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: DVD File

It looks like Steven Spielberg has heard the call of the fans. This week he’s announced he’ll be releasing both the original cut of E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL and the 20th ANNIVERSARY EDITION, which is being released Friday in theaters with restored scenes and new special effects

The film will hit DVD later this year in one mega-package. Universal Home video has also announced new documentaries and features for this DVD release will be coming, differentiating it from the laserdisc release from a few years ago.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

T3: Rise of the Machines Movie Update
    Tuesday, March 19, 2002 9:25 CST

Zap2it reports that the official title for the third Terminator installment is slighty shorter than the "Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines" used previously. It's officially known as "T3: Rise of the Machines," following the shorthand established by "T2" in 1991, says the movie's publicist. Principal photography is set to kick off April 15 and is scheduled to wrap Sept. 4.

As for the rumors that Shane West ("A Walk to Remember") will take over for Edward Furlong in the role of John Connor, that's all they are now, just rumors, according to West's publicist. The only thing known so far is that West finishes filming on TV's "Once and Again" in mid-April and has no other commitments.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cinescape Exclusive
    Goyer talks BLADE 2, 3
    BLADE scribe touches on

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an exclusive interview with CINESCAPE magazine, David Goyer producer/screenwriter for BLADE 2 let drop his experience working on the hotly anticipated vampire slaying sequel (hitting theaters Friday) as well as BLADE 3.

“There were no difficulties in writing this script,” Goyer told us. “I’d written the first one, and originally Mike DeLuca, who was heading New Line at the time, called me on the Monday after BLADE opened and asked me to start thinking about a sequel. I said, ‘I have only one idea about what the sequel would be and if you don’t want to do it, I’m not interested.’”

About BLADE 3, which he’s already working on, Goyer said, “If we get our way in the third film, [it’s] going to take place 25 years after BLADE 2. In BLADE 3, the vampires are the status quo. They’ve imprisoned all the humans in concentration camps.”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Long nights in the studio can drive even the most experienced musician a little nuts, especially when one endless evening blurs into the next and your record seems no closer to completion. In such a situation, a little careless horseplay to ease the tension is par for the course. Late last year between takes for his second solo record, Degradation Trip, Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell was haphazardly running across the spacious A&M Studio room in his bare feet when a large sliver from the old wooden floor sliced through his foot.

"It was four inches long and a quarter-inch wide and it went from the ball of my foot all the way through," Cantrell recalled, wincing at the memory. "It probably penetrated two inches deep. I remember sitting on the floor and the tech had to get needlenose pliers to pull this thing out."

The incident is an apt metaphor for the creation of Degradation Trip, which comes out June 25. For more than two years Cantrell has been plugging away on the project, and every step was paved with pain, frustration and emotional turmoil, from record label complications and scheduling conflicts to production woes and track sequencing heartache. So when Cantrell and his bandmates — bassist Robert Trujillo (Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society) and drummer Mike Bordin (Ozzy Osbourne, Faith No More) — were in the recording studio, they found themselves putting every ounce of their energy into the music, sometimes to their physical detriment.

"Mike Bordin says he knows a track is special when he cuts himself open and bleeds on his drums, and he did that on multiple occasions," Cantrell said.

As they say, no pain, no gain. Degradation Trip is Cantrell's best and most personal outing since Alice in Chains' last stand, and in many ways the disc takes over where that band left off. Bleak, dark and confessional, the album is rich with a balance of titanic crunch, seismic rumble, festering gloom, soaring harmonies and folksy jangle, mining the sonic terrain of metal, grunge, alternative and classic rock. "Anger Rising," the disc's first single, starts with acoustic strumming and buzzing distended guitar atop choir-like vocal harmonies, then erupts into a tumultuous rocker with a memorable chorus. The tune, which goes to radio in April, addresses domestic abuse and features the lines "Terrified scorpion crawling the wall/ By the way, father could you please beat me some more."

Almost all of the writing for Degradation Trip was done in the months after Cantrell returned from the road to support his first solo venture, 1998's Boggy Depot. As he laid pen to paper, thoughts and images about the collapse of Alice in Chains, the descent from mainstream popularity, the hazards of a hedonistic lifestyle and the turmoil of damaged and terminated relationships began to pour like blood from an open wound.

"I got into a writing session which lasted for three or four months where I just continued to spew and pour all of this sh-- out of the depths of myself from every level and aspect of my life," he said. "I dealt with a lot of issues that aren't easy for me to verbally get across. I think it's easier for me to do it in a musical venue. But it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I'm glad I did it and I'm glad I went through the experience, but it's certainly something I don't ever want to do again."

The difficulties didn't end after the songwriting. Even hooking up with a producer proved to be a major task. Originally, Cantrell booked studio time with Dave Jerden, who produced Alice in Chains' first two records as well as albums by Offspring and Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that relationship didn't last.

"It was just not working out personally," Cantrell said. Mike and Robert had hooked up with me and we had been through rehearsals, and we got into the studio with Dave and it all blew up on us on the second day. It took us months to get regrouped again."

Unable to find a replacement for Jerden, Cantrell decided to self-produce the record with his friend Jeff Tomei, who has engineered for Smashing Pumpkins, Matchbox Twenty and others. But by the time he and Tomei were ready to rock, they had to wait another three months before Trujillo and Bordin were available. Then, shortly after they began, Columbia Records dropped Cantrell, leaving the artist orphaned with studio bills piling up.

"It was very strange for me, because my experience in this business has been with one band and one label," Cantrell said. "So the last couple years I was not only on my own making a record of the magnitude that I committed myself to, but I was having to deal with being like a brand new artist going around to all these different labels and meeting with them and hearing the same things over and over: 'Yeah, we love it. We love you,' and then have nothing happen. It was a little disheartening after a while."

Eventually, Roadrunner Records decided to pick up the album, but instead of releasing it as a double CD as Cantrell originally wanted, they asked him to pare 25 completed tracks down to 14. A publicist at the label said the remaining songs will likely be released later in the year.

"It was totally hard to decide which songs to use," Cantrell said. "But there are some songs that are more immediate than others. And the thing that made it a lot easier is knowing that all the songs are eventually going to come out the way that I intended them."

Last week, Cantrell played a packed show at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, and this spring he'll hit the road with labelmates Nickelback. While on the tour, Cantrell plans to combine his new tunes with some vintage Alice in Chains songs.

"I'm definitely in a place I've never been in my life, but that's obviously where I'm supposed to be, I think." Cantrell said. "I'm learning some new things and facing different challenges. So while it may be uncomfortable at times and maybe unusual, I know that there's something that I'm getting out of this by sticking with what I intended to do."

As for Alice, Cantrell refuses to put the final nail in the coffin, but he concedes that he probably won't play with his Seattle bandmates for quite a while.

"I never say die, man. It's not even anywhere near that. I've been working on my own thing for quite some time and I plan on continuing for many years. At the same time, who knows what will happen? We're all still around, so it's possible we could all do something someday, and I fully hope someday we will. It's just not gonna happen soon."

—Jon Wiederhorn

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Alan Jackson Leads ZZ Top Tribute

Country stars salute Texas blues rockers

ZZ Top will be the subject of Sharp Dressed Man, a tribute to the band by fifteen country music stars, due in stores May 7th. Recent stetson-sporting chart-topper Alan Jackson leads a lineup that also includes California country square peg Dwight Yoakam, two generations of Hank Williamses (Hank Jr. covers "Jesus Just Left Chicago" and "Waitin' for the Bus," while Hank III covers "Fearless Boogie"), Willie Nelson and others.
    In other ZZ Top news, on April 21st, an episode of CMT's Crossroads will air, featuring the Texas band performing with Brooks and Dunn.

The Sharp Dressed Man track listing:

Alan Jackson, "Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell"
    Willie Nelson, "She Loves My Automobile"
    Brooks and Dunn, "Rough Boy"
    Hank Williams Jr., "Jesus Just Left Chicago"/"Waitin' for the Bus"
    Hank Williams III, "Fearless Boogie"
    Andy Griggs, "I Need You Tonight"
    Lonestar, "Gimme All Your Lovin'"
    Dwight Yoakam, "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide"
    Trace Atkins, "Legs"
    Tracy Byrd, "La Grange"
    Kenny Chesney, "Tush"
    Montgomery Gentry, "Just Got Paid"
    Brad Paisley, "Sharp Dressed Man"
    Phil Vassar, "I Thank You"
    Warren Brothers, "Cheap Sunglasses"

COLIN DEVENISH
    (March 19, 2002)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Aerosmith has been selected as the second mtvICON honoree in celebration of its nearly 30-year career. As with last year's tribute to Janet Jackson, Aerosmith's songs will be performed by a host of other acts, including Kid Rock, Train, and Pink, who is expected to cover the group's 1989 No. 4 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Janie's Got a Gun." The event will tape April 14 in Los Angeles and air three days later on MTV.

Jackson herself will offer a "testimonal" at the outset of the broadcast, while Aerosmith will take the stage for the event's finale. A host of additional participating artists will be announced soon.

Aerosmith's late '80s resurgence owed a great deal to MTV exposure for such videos as "Walk This Way," "Dude Looks Like a Lady," "Janie's Got a Gun," and "Cryin'," which featured Alicia Silverstone and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler's daughter Liv as temptress runaways. That clip was voted as the all-time favorite video by MTV viewers in 1994.

"Aerosmith is one of those very few bands whose influence pre-dates and spans the entire history of MTV," MTV Entertainment president Brian Graden said in a statement. "They have become a fixture at the network, and we are thrilled to be able to honor them in this fashion for their continuing contributions to music and music video."

As previously reported, Aerosmith has recorded a handful of new songs that may be released on an EP or an upcoming greatest hits album. The band is also mulling a DVD, a TV concert special, and a contribution to the soundtrack for the summer film "Spider Man."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Spider-Man Trailer Details Revealed
    Wednesday, March 20, 2002 9:21 CST

The latest theatrical trailer for "Spider-Man" will be shown exclusively on the World Wide Web before being presented in theaters nationwide. The trailer, which includes new footage from the highly-anticipated action adventure film, will be premiered at www.sony.com/Spider-Man beginning Wednesday, March 27 at 9 AM (PT). The trailer will be available in three sizes, including full-screen, exclusively through Apple's QuickTime technology.

"By placing this trailer exclusively online, we are giving fans everywhere an opportunity to get caught in Spider-Man's world wide web," said Geoffrey Ammer, President of Marketing for Columbia TriStar Marketing Group. "This Internet exclusive is also our way of saying 'thank you' to the online community that has so enthusiastically followed and supported the development and production of 'Spider-Man' over the past several years."

The teaser trailer will offer fans a final glimpse of the film prior to its debut on May 3. The trailer gives audiences a chance to view the film's state-of-the-art visual effects and shows Spider-Man patrolling the city below by using his webshooters to swing from rooftop to rooftop, performing aerial acrobats and crawling on buildings with the stickiness of an arachnid -- all in a day's work for one of the most popular comic book heroes of all time.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What will the XMen sequel be about?
    Here's a peek...BEWARE OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

As you already know, two separate X2 screenplays were written, one by David Hayter (X-Men), the other by Zak Penn (Osmosis Jones, Last Action Hero). However, instead of combining the two screenplays into one, CA has learned that both scripts are being rewritten by different screenwriters and have not yet been merged into a single script. Currently the only new mutant character in either script is that of Nightcrawler, the blue-skinned acrobatic teleporter who was introduced in the comics more than 20 years ago. However, CA has also learned that Nightcrawler might not necessarily be the only new mutant seen in X2, as Bryan Singer is still contemplating whether to include other mutants in the film (such as Gambit, the cajun thief who can "charge up" objects which will then explode). Deciding which mutant characters to put in X-Men 2 depends on which actors will be available for a summer shooting schedule as well as budgetary reasons. (As you may recall, the character of The Beast was dropped from the first X-Men movie because of cost issues.)A final decision on exactly what new characters will appear in the sequel will be made sometime late in April or May. Both scripts are then expected to be combined into one single screenplay. The current major storyline for both X2 scripts still involves a human nemesis that unleashes the Legacy Virus and sentinels upon the mutant population. The returning characters from the original X-Men movie (at least, in the latest drafts) include Professor X, Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Mystique, Storm and Rogue. And yes, we've also confirmed that we'll finally get to see the X-Men's Danger Room in the movie sequel -- and being used by the X-Men in its training mode.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Korn enlisted Alien artist H.R. Giger to design the microphone stands for the band's tour of South America this month; photos of the stand can be viewed at www.hrgigermuseum.com

[ March 20, 2002 at 08:16 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DVD News
    MEN IN BLACK on DVD… yet again
    Maybe third time’s the charm

Source: DVD File

MEN IN BLACK is coming to DVD… for the third time. Columbia Home Video has announced a new MEN IN BLACK Deluxe Edition, a two disc treatment of the film coming out just in time to get fans excited for MEN IN BLACK 2 this summer.

Not only will the discs have the extras from all the previous releases (the last of which even sported an edit-your-own-MIB scene feature) but will have video and audio commentaries from director Barry Sonnenfeld, Tommy Lee Jones and other crew members. In edition, the discs will sport a MIB 2 preview and several documentaries.

The price will be set at $27.95

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Pete Yorn will re-release 2001's Musicforthemorningafter on April 23 with a bonus disc featuring a new version of "Strange Condition" with R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck; covers of Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" and "New York Serenade," the Smiths' "Panic," and David Bowie's "China Girl;" and videos for "Strange Condition," "For Nancy ('Cos It Already Is)," "Life on a Chain" and "June." Yorn kicks off a headlining club tour on April 2 in Santa Ana, California, before joining a Weezer trek that begins April 23 in Edmonton, Alberta.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    Aerosmith has been selected as the second mtvICON honoree in celebration of its nearly 30-year career. As with last year's tribute to Janet Jackson, Aerosmith's songs will be performed by a host of other acts, including Kid Rock, Train, and Pink, who is expected to cover the group's 1989 No. 4 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Janie's Got a Gun." The event will tape April 14 in Los Angeles and air three days later on MTV.

Jackson herself will offer a "testimonal" at the outset of the broadcast, while Aerosmith will take the stage for the event's finale. A host of additional participating artists will be announced soon.

Aerosmith's late '80s resurgence owed a great deal to MTV exposure for such videos as "Walk This Way," "Dude Looks Like a Lady," "Janie's Got a Gun," and "Cryin'," which featured Alicia Silverstone and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler's daughter Liv as temptress runaways. That clip was voted as the all-time favorite video by MTV viewers in 1994.

"Aerosmith is one of those very few bands whose influence pre-dates and spans the entire history of MTV," MTV Entertainment president Brian Graden said in a statement. "They have become a fixture at the network, and we are thrilled to be able to honor them in this fashion for their continuing contributions to music and music video."

As previously reported, Aerosmith has recorded a handful of new songs that may be released on an EP or an upcoming greatest hits album. The band is also mulling a DVD, a TV concert special, and a contribution to the soundtrack for the summer film "Spider Man."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    you think they would actually use REAL BANDS THAT TRULY WERE INFLUENCED BU AEROSMITH...WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT....

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    What will the XMen sequel be about?
    Here's a peek...BEWARE OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

As you already know, two separate X2 screenplays were written, one by David Hayter (X-Men), the other by Zak Penn (Osmosis Jones, Last Action Hero). However, instead of combining the two screenplays into one, CA has learned that both scripts are being rewritten by different screenwriters and have not yet been merged into a single script. Currently the only new mutant character in either script is that of Nightcrawler, the blue-skinned acrobatic teleporter who was introduced in the comics more than 20 years ago. However, CA has also learned that Nightcrawler might not necessarily be the only new mutant seen in X2, as Bryan Singer is still contemplating whether to include other mutants in the film (such as Gambit, the cajun thief who can "charge up" objects which will then explode). Deciding which mutant characters to put in X-Men 2 depends on which actors will be available for a summer shooting schedule as well as budgetary reasons. (As you may recall, the character of The Beast was dropped from the first X-Men movie because of cost issues.)A final decision on exactly what new characters will appear in the sequel will be made sometime late in April or May. Both scripts are then expected to be combined into one single screenplay. The current major storyline for both X2 scripts still involves a human nemesis that unleashes the Legacy Virus and sentinels upon the mutant population. The returning characters from the original X-Men movie (at least, in the latest drafts) include Professor X, Magneto, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Mystique, Storm and Rogue. And yes, we've also confirmed that we'll finally get to see the X-Men's Danger Room in the movie sequel -- and being used by the X-Men in its training mode.
    AHHHHHH HELLLLLL YEAHHHHH SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]