Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Did anybody check out "Oprah" yesterday? Michael J. Fox was on promoting his upcoming autobiography and to discuss his Parkinson's Disease. Man, it was pretty sad to see him in this shape. I've always seen him as "eternally youthful", but this disease seems to have really done a number on him. Poor guy. I don't know what's worse, Parkinsons or Alzheimers.(In some areas nationwide, "Oprah" repeats the previously day's episode at night and this one is worth watching.}
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I watched it. It' was very sad to see how much he's been affected by it. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    but you have to admire his attitude [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:42 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    He looked like he's lost some weight too. But I saw Janet Reno on Leno and she looked pretty good I thought (in regards to her Parkinsons). How come?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Janet Reno compared to Mike Fox is like Goliath compared to David...maybe physical size has something to do with control of your body?
    When James Brown dies...David Lee Roth will be the hardest working man in show business...<br /><br />VOTE QUIMBY!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:29 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Janet Reno has Parkinsons? She must not have it as bad, because she's running for governor here.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Mike had that special brain surgery where the docs cauterized many of the affected cells in his brain...They said it may have added ten years to his life.

Sorry to hear he's struggling so much..I've been a fan for a long time...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Parkinsons works in a different way then Alzheimers. Parkinsons affects the brain's ability to tell the body what to do, and sometimes though not all cases, it can result in dimentia. The diemntia that can come with PD isn't the same as with Alzheimer's, but not everyone with PD gets dimentia. BUT... that's not to say that someone with PD can't or won't get AD. Talk about a double whammy! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

The thing is, the drug to control the tremors in PD counteracts any of the current medications on the market that work on AD (but AD drugs work by causing the patient to appear to be in a sort of remission), so... if the patient wants to hang on to his cognitive abilites a little longer, they have to discontinue the PD medications and live with the tremors.

Michale J Fox was diagnosed really young with his disease. I think he was in his early 30s. Something like less then 10% of adults impacted by Parkinsons Disease develop it that young. Maybe the degree of his progression has to do with that somehow? I wonder if it presented at such a young age, if that makes his disease more aggressive then Janet Reno's? If I remember, MJF is not only taking dopamine (and I'm sure other drugs) but he also had a surgical procedure to help with his sypmtoms. So if he's looking like he's struggling, with both a surgical procedure and medication, it doesn't sound good. I didn't see Oprah though.

I'm not a doc, but I was a pharmaceutical rep, and promoted the first drug for Alzheimer's Disease. I not only sold the drug, but I was on the Alzheimer's Board Speakers Bureau, presenting to medical and lay people on a fairly regular basis. Some of my stats may be stale... but that's what I recall. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    Janet Reno has Parkinsons? She must not have it as bad, because she's running for governor here.
    Yep... she does it was made public while she was still in the CLinton White House.

Parkinsons Disease doesn't impact anyone's ability to function other then their physical movement. It's a rare person who leads to dimentia, and even rarer still to occur with Alzheimer's Disease.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I saw part of it yesterday. Michael J. Fox is my favorite actor and it's too bad about his situation. But it's good that he's trying to help to find a cure for Parkinson's.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did not see the Oprah show, but I did see him on Late Show with David Letterman last night. Yes you can notice it as compared to previous years. But he is still on top of it. I always thought that Michael J. Fox was a good guest on shows like Letterman because he always was a little bit wound and had good stories. I think because he always moved around a lot when he talked, the Parkinsons seems exagerated. There has been a definite effect though, and I wish Fox all the best. He has always been a class act. You can also tell that Matthew Perry went to the Michael J. Fox school of acting. I think Perry stole everything from him.