Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

We are getting jiggy with it in Boston now that Manny Ramirez has agreed to play here for the next 8 years.
    Now we are looking for a #2 pitcher behind Pedro, it looks like a trade is immenent with Montreal for Dustin Hermanson in exchange for Tomo Ohka along with either Troy O'leary or Trot Nixon.
    But don't be surprised if they Sox also get David Segui as well to be their next firstbaseman.
    Potential line-up ( its a killer)
    2b Jose Offerman
    3b John Valentin or Chris Stynes
    ss Nomar Garciapara
    rf Manny Ramirez
    cf Carl Everett
    dh Dante Bichette
    1b brian Daubach or David Segui
    lf Troy O'leary
    c Jason Varitek

------------------
    Do you smell what Eddymon is cookin'
    I Need an announcement before my birthday!!!!!

Well let me roll up to the sidewalk and take a look here,,,,,, woooooaaaa!!!! she's beautiful.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eddymon! Oh yeah babe! I am from Boston too. That will help I think....but like most of the time...he will be injured right away.

------------------
    2711 Don't ever drink anything you can't see through.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Leave it to the Red Sox to be a part of baseball history. Call Monday the day baseball fucking dies. Give me a break. Manny Ramirez for 160 million dollars. The next thing you know, someone will sign for a quarter of a billion...oh...

Yeah, the Rangers and the Red Sox...signing two guys for have a bill..so smart...so smart. And leave it to Red Sox fans to cheer this move because they think that a peripheral player can help them pass the Yankees. Great...wonderful...and oh yeah, it isn't going to happen. The Rangers got a five tool player...the Red Sox got a tool. The guy is an offensive domino, who has a history of blowing up (in a bad way at Fenway). You see, Ramirez has gap power, and is a gap hitter. The one place you don't want to hit the ball in Fenway. Lifetime .270 hitter at Fenway...power numbers drop.

Can't wait to see him make some plays in right field to. HAHAHAHA....you ain't gettin no Dwight Evans in the field.

No offense here Eddymon. You see, I'm a Tribe fan. And it's just a pleasure to see fans cheer these million dollar moves. I suppose you also cheer when the ticket prices go up, and the games are all moved to prime time because of the mighty prime time dollar. To bad the kids are in bed, because 15 years from now, when the base salary of a player is 100 mill for five years, and nobody's watching. We'll see's who's laughing.

But hey, Boston will give those Yanks a run!

Christ...baseball can go to hell, and people that spend 250 million...160 million...128 million can go to hell with them.

------------------
    Roth Army Webmaster

http://www.dlrarmy.com

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey Pojo,

First of all, you have 1984 posts ,cool number, just thought I'd point that out. Secondly, so what? the Red Sox and all the other teams in the league are supposed to sit on their hands and do nothing while the Yankees scoop up all the good players and continue to win championships! I don't think so. I agree that there is a serious problem with the escalating salaries in baseball, but until they deal with the problem as a whole by putting a cap in place then hey it's fair game as far as I'm concerned. I might be wrong but I think you might be a little bitter, being a Clevland fan, that Manny is gone. I know how it feels. I probably felt the same way when Mo Vaughn left Boston a few years ago. Simply put, the Red Sox filled a hole. They did not make the playoffs last year because they could not hit not because of bad pitching and don't worry about Manny hitting in the gaps at Fenway because he will make Fenway look like a little league park. He'll hit so many balls out of Fenway they will have to shut down Landsdown St. Like Eddymon said Manny improves the Red Sox line-up greatly. Nomar can hit from the 2 or 3 spot again and he will get more pitches to hit with Manny and Carl Everett behind him. Then you have a whole year of Dante Bichette in the line-up he should hit between 20 and 30 Hr's and with the return of a healthy John Valentin, a return to form from the likes of Jose Offerman, Troy O'Leary and Jason Varitek and this line-up begins to look scary. Hey I'll take an 8 to 7 win over a 2 to 1 loss any day. Let's hope, for Red Sox fans, that the curse of the Bambino is finally over.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bitter.

You're good goddamned right I'm fucking bitter.

Yeah, at your Red Sox. Most definately at the fucking Rangers. Yanks and Dodgers at the top of the list.

I'm sitting here, looking at my Indians, thinking this. Here we fucking sell out 400 fucking games in a row. We have essentially capped out. Now I'll be the first to say that Cleveland is fucking loaded with fairweather fans. Personally, Cleveland's fans as a whole make me sick, with there freakin' laptops, nitting and reading papers and books during a game. You go to fucking St. Louis and get aced in baseball lore, then have to deal with whiny Cleveland bitches sayin' how cute Manny's ass is. Look, I'm a Clevelander, so I can get away with it. My point? How does Cleveland get repaid? Hey thanks, says Boston. Now we'll pay Manny 160 million over 8 years knowing that we're selling the team anyways. Who gives a shit if we send baseball skyrocketing into oblivion. Who gives a shit if the everyday guy has to spend 200 dollars to bring his family to one fucking game. Who gives a shit it the real fans in this game get fucked and fucked again.

So I say to Boston's management...kiss my ass. I say to Manny...good riddance you fucking bullshit artist. At least Cleveland didn't get fooled into upping the ante one more time. Here's what Boston's looking at. Two guys on one team makin' what 35 million? Fenway seats what...34 grand. Good luck fielding a team. And if Hermanson is your answer to the rotation, than you'll end up on the top end of a lot of 15-13 games. You'll make the playoffs, only to have Clemens, Mussina, Pettitte and Duque beat your asses into oblivion. Look, I hate the yanks, but nobody is gonna kid themselves into thinkin' that Manny's gonna upgrade the pitching, and the morale.

You just gotta love it. Baseball purists, of which I felt Boston was loaded with, thinkin' signing a guy for 160 million over 8 years is a good thing.

We need a Don McClean song...American Pie 2...because music maybe dead already...but baseball died yesterday.

Can't wait to see y'all try and keep this team together and get pitching.

Baseball won't be able to swallow salaries like this...and bitin' the fans in the ass. Of course, if you're on the winning edge in a battle of salary, I suppose you can close your eyes to the rest. And if you haven't won a series in over 80 years, I suppose selling your soul to the devil just doesn't matter.

Maybe next year y'all can sign Varitek to a 100 million dollar deal so those middle of the road guys don't feel left out.

by the way...I know...you only get 1984 once...I noticed I was heading there last night.

Look, I don't mean to be takin' this shit out on the Boston fans. I just can't freaking believe the salaries that I'm seeing. Manny bullshitting about wanting to play in Cleveland, even if the offers were close. Boston bullshitting that there wasn't a prayer of going over 144 million. There salary scale couldn't afford the 144 million...then upping it 16 million. The fact is, they're right. If they don't make the series, they've sold the sould of this team for years to come...if baseball lasts that long.

Maybe this lockout comin up will put the knife in it.

------------------
    Roth Army Webmaster

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boston shmoston. I love the area. It's been a second home to me for all my life, but when it comes to the future of baseball, it's all about the Chicago White Sox. Look out because in the next few years, I think we're going to see a few World Series there.
    Jose Valentin, Big Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez, and a whole cast of young talented players including one of the best farm systems in baseball and a ton of money to give free agents.

We don't need you anyway A-Rod! Although it sure would have been pretty great.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey what can you say, congrats to the Sox. They have a tremendous offensive ballplayer now. The thing is, how the hell are you guys going to keep Pedro and Nomar happy. I know Pedro's contract is up in 3 years but I'm not sure about Nomar's. You can't keep all 3 in the future can you? You guys better win quick

As for the Indians, I think we could be in some serious shit now. Our pitching had better come through big time Losing Manny is HUGE. Hey POJO, I can agree with you somewhat about the fairweather Indians fans, but not Cleveland entirely. I really don't think you will find more passionate fans then Cleveland Browns fans. Indians fans are passionate also, although many are bandwagon jumpers....you'll find that everywhere.

So, yes BoSox, enjoy. It will be interesting to see how you guys react to paying a guy 20 million and he runs the bases like a little leaguer and plays defense like he is on crack sometimes. But he is a hell of a hitter. The entire line up will benefit from the move.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

the sox will still suck

LOL

JMJ

go yanks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJ:
    the sox will still suck

LOL

JMJ

go yanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen, JMJ - Last time I looked, there was still no "I" in "team".

Marquee player for sure, Sox fans - but....
    it takes a lot more than that.........

------------------

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"...like falling down the stairs and landing on your feet." - Edward Van Halen describing his solos.

"And I swore to myself, I swore to myself that some day, some day...I was going to smoke joints that big." - DLR, Crazy From The Heat

Wolfman's Van Halen Shrine - http://home.earthlink.net/~theflyingwolfman

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rat, I understand what you are saying, but you have to go to St. Louis to understand what baseball is all about. Win or fucking lose, they are there. And Men, Women, blind people, deaf people...all people...will school you in baseball knowledge.

They are passionate man.

Cleveland (and dude, I'm born and bred there) fans are so goddamn bandwagon, it's sick. Go to a Tribe game and look around. Noone even pays attention to the game. Knitting, reading, talkin' about stocks...suckin' up tickets because it's the place to go. Look at the lower levels of the Cavs at the Gund...empty from the corporate bastards. And the Browns...well, I'll agree with you with that. But Cleveland is a football town. Watch what happens to the Jake if Cleveland doesn't win. Sell outs will be a distant memory...

Good players will be a distant memory...

But these deals are ruining a game that doesn't deserved to be ruined.

These deals are ruining a national pasttime.

Pretty soon, we'll be back down to about 8 teams...

Two in New York. Two in Chicago. One in St. Louis. One in LA. One in San Fran. One in Boston.

The rest just can't afford to win.

------------------
    Roth Army Webmaster

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Pojo....like I said I agree with ya somewhat. There are bandwagon jumpers everywhere. Remember the 97 Series...Cleveland was nuts the entire year and Florida just happened to become excited because they made the series...then all those people were partying like they followed the team all year. This year too, when we were playing Oakland in August in a dead heat for the wild card and not even 10,000 people were at Oakland Stadium. Then the A's make the playoffs and everyone is there supporting the team....its everywhere man. Cavs fans..yup, bunch of turds. And the Jake will be half empty when Cleveland sucks again, I agree. I don't recall Yankee Stadium being sold out either during there dry spell.
    As far as the contracts go, I beleive it is ridiculous also. I sure as hell would not give Manny Ramirez 20 million dollars. The prices are fucked up and baseball will be doomed after next year anyways....so anyways, I forgot what the hell my point was anyways But cool, you live in Cleveland. We'll have to party at the next Halen show.

------------------

Here's to your thin red line....MMMMMM I'm stepping over!

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess you'll have to go to St. Louis to see what I mean. New York is a different story all together. But going to St. Louis will show anyone what being a baseball fan is all about. I got there and see a city of me's, except liking the wrong team.

Anyways, sounds good Rat. I moved to Raleigh, but will see the show in Cleveland, no doubt about it...Blossom, Gund, my old backyard...

------------------
    Roth Army Webmaster