Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

what a crock of shit this is! looks like the expos may share fenway park with the red sox next year and the red sox will get rent money from the expos. if things weren't bad enough for sox fans, now they might have to share their park with the expos. how stupid can selig get?!

you can see it at www.espn.com

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Is Boston about to be a two-team baseball town again?

Preliminary discussions which have involved some people at the "highest levels of baseball" are considering having the Montreal Expos share Fenway Park with the Boston Red Sox next season, according to a report in Thursday's New York Daily News.

According to the newspaper, the Expos would play in Fenway for one year while Major League Baseball continues to search for a buyer, who could possibly move the team.

The motivations are two-fold: the Expos would be out of Montreal, where they had baseball's lowest attendance and are considered a lame duck franchise, and the Red Sox management would receive rent from the team, added revenue to a team which sold for $700 million a year ago.

"This could be a win-win-win for all the parties involved except the 200 season ticket-holders in Montreal," a source told the Daily News. "The Red Sox get the benefit of the extra revenue, the Expos get a great place to play where people will come out to see them and Boston fans get to see National League baseball again."

The Boston Braves were a member of the National League until 1953, when they moved to Milwaukee (and later to Atlanta).

Scheduling would be a small problem, sources told the Daily News. There are only a few dates when the two teams are scheduled at home at the same time.

- - - - - - -

I think it's a great idea! Way to go MLB if they pull it off. I'd bee really psyched if I lived in the Boston area. The last I heard they were thinking of playing select series' in San Juan and Portland, but this makes way more sense.

Too bad they couldn't choose Milwaukee, then I too could see real National League baseball too.
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    I don't understand why this is a bad idea, JMJ? Unless of course you live in Montreal.

There will be a ballgame at Fenway just about every night for 6 months!! Those fans get to see every team, all the players. You could potentially see the Giants one day and the Angels the next! Maybe they'll have day night doubleheaders with 4 teams!?!?! The possiblities are cool.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

well yeah, i guess it's ok

the red sox stand to make a lot of money on it that's for sure

we'll see how the boston fans react to it

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Do ya think they'll be angry because someone sat in their seat two days prior? Will they leave nasty notes?

It looks like an alternative to contraction. Either way, Montreal is going to lose the team.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Now, let me get this straight: we can't move 'em to Washington because it's too close to Baltimore but it's okay for them to play in Boston?

Oh, well, at least Vlad won't have to go far when he gets traded to Boston!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by billy007:

Oh, well, at least Vlad won't have to go far when he gets traded to Boston!
    lol....word!

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

'bout time some of you boston fans gave up on your team anyways...maybe montreal will make the playoffs and you'll get some excitement...by the way ... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read the article and it seemed wierd at first...but it is a better solution than letting 'em sit in Montreal and play to an empty stadium for another year.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    It looks like playing select games in San Juan is still on the table. I think this is all just a temp solution until an ownership group gets their act together in D.C. (and stuffs Angelos' pockets).

Like muffdiver said, it would be very fitting to see the Expos make the playoffs and win the Series!!! I mean c'mon, this would be a new way to break the hearts of Red Sox fans that hasn't been explored before. It makes perfect sense.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Maybe they should split the schedule up - 20 games in Puerto Rico, 20 games in Portland, Oregon (PGE Field capacity 19,566), 20 games in Charlotte (Knights Stadium 10,002), 20 games in Las Vegas (Cashman Field 9,334) and one game in DC. The smaller ballparks I'm sure could be bolstered with some temporary seating. See which city seems to show the best support!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    I don't think the players union would agree to that. It would be like playing on the road for 6 months. The players would get pissed. I think you'd have to pick a city to play the majority of the games in.

Even though the market could support it, there is no way MLB will ever move to Las Vegas IMO.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Its not gonna happen here in Boston.

No way can the field take 162 games. There would be no time for grounds repair.
    I would love to see Boston become another 2 team baseball town again. There definately is a strong enough passion for the game and there are still alot of National League interest here. We had the Brave many years ago.
    But we would need another stadium and there is a better chance of Dave and Gary singing "More Than Words" together at the Grammy awards than a new stadium getting built here because of the fucking politicians.
    The Red Sox are most likely to renovate Fenway Park and add more seats (and seats above the "Green Monster").
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

good point eddymon. i didn't think of the ground work

but it's not like they're playing football on it...good point though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So who is the home team when the Red Sox and Expos play each other this year? They will certainly meet for three games if I am not mistaking.