Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Spanish Fly
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VHND reports:
    "Santa Monica filmmaker and video producer Carolyn Beug, 48, was aboard American Airlines Flight 11 when it crashed into the World Trade Center on Tuesday morning. The flight was bound for Los Angeles from Boston."

- This would be a great opportunity for the guys to pay tribute to this poor soul with a song, don't ya'll think so?

Edward,Alex,Mike,and......Dave ( even though he obviously wasn't part of the Right Now video or the Dreams video )

It says that Carolyn is survived by her husband, John Beug, Senior VP of Warner Bros. Records...

I really think its time Van Halen did something in memory...
    [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

[ September 17, 2001 at 03:22 PM: Message edited by: 5150 TIME ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.29.16 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 7,732 Times in 3,247 Posts

They're not saying a word about it out of respect to the family, acccording to Brad.

I just don't get that place.

http://www.van-halen.com/cgi-bin/bra...c&f=2&t=002037
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 452 Times in 211 Posts

Its time for the band to break their self-imposed silence.
    I don't get them at all.
    This person was responsible for their most highly acclaimed video ever and they should pay some respect to her and her family.

I don't know if there are any hard feelings between the band and WB and that they can't put them aside for this. But they really should do something nice for a change and give a little back to those in need.

If not, then maybe they should go back to Denmark and be miserable there.

Sorry for the harsh words, but at this time thats how I feel.

Time to grow up boys, you are not 20 year punk kids anymore.

BTW, I am not saying that they should do it for us the fans, but do whats in their hearts.

Sammy would,

I bet Mike would,

Quite possibly Dave would too. (remember Ashley Abernathy?) [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm lost here. did she produce a vh video????
    ed(to dave): "you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup."<br /><br />al: "and we don't mean no coffee cup, motherfucker!"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youbsittinpretty:
    i'm lost here. did she produce a vh video????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think she directed the video for Right Now.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.21.13 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brett:
    They're not saying a word about it out of respect to the family, acccording to Brad.

I just don't get that place.

http://www.van-halen.com/cgi-bin/bradman/ubber/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=0020 37
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not the only one who feels this way!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know how close the band may have been with a video directorthat they worked with a decade ago, so I can understand if they made no specific mention of it on their website.

What REALLY bothered me was seeing the response Grant got from Brad regarding the closing of the PD for a couple of days without saying why. Yes, we may have ASSUMED that the PD was shut down because of the events from last Tuesday, but there was no way to be sure. No mention of when it was closing, or when it would reopen. But the WORST was seeing Brad's attitude-laced response to Grant at the VHND.

Sorry to say it, but Brad makes me sick sometimes, and since the band hired him and CONTINUES to employ him, he is a shameful reflection on them. He is reason enough to not want to financially support any of the band's future endeavors, considering that, in theory, some of that $$ would go to him.

And that's fucking sad.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 452 Times in 211 Posts

amen to that Abe.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.29.16 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 7,732 Times in 3,247 Posts

I don't care if the band doesn't want to make a statement about the director's passing, but Brad is editing out all posts that have links to the AP story or that even talk about it. That is wrong.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Brett at least Brad is giving you a template of what NOT to do and how NOT to go about doing things on this site.

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 08:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
    . . in theory, some of that $$ would go to him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You're telling me Brad's is a PAID position? [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brett:
    I don't care if the band doesn't want to make a statement about the director's passing, but Brad is editing out all posts that have links to the AP story or that even talk about it. That is wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I didn't know about THAT! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Jeeze, is there anything he HASN'T screwed up over there?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lawchick:You're telling me Brad's is a PAID position?

Scary thought, huh?

How/why he keeps that job is beyond me. :disgusted:
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Test5150
    In case anyone's interested, Brad posted the following statement earlier:

Some of you folks are really making a mountain out of a mole hill, ya know?
    The site closure was the band's idea and their tribute of respect went over some people's heads (though not all, as many people supported the way it was handled).

Let me explain....

The band chose to 'black out' van-halen.com for two days as a tribute to those that lost their lives and loved ones on 9/11. They wanted to pay a quiet tribute without drawing any unnecessary attention to themselves; just something subtle and to the point.

They then wanted to put the American flag at half staff on the site on Friday, 9/14 to take part in the newly appointed National Day of Remembrance. The flag was posted shortly after midnight on 9/13 (aka, the wee hours of 9/14) and remained there until midnight the following night.

Again, their intention was to pay respect to those that lost their lives in last week's tradgedies without creating a lot of hoopla or banging of the drums. As they say, a picture can be worth a thousand words.

Bottom line: they wanted to pay their respects in a quiet, reverant if you will, manner, which is exactly what they did.

Arguing about how they paid their respects is a waste of time in my opinion. Everyone mourns and pays respect to the dead in their own ways. Just because it doesn't meet your standards doesn't mean it has any less significance.

You'd think there would be a lot more important things to worry about these days than how a band paid their respects to their country on their web site.

On another subject, I know you're all starving for info and sometimes feel slighted that you don't get some of the headlines here first. But, there are things the band wants posted on van-halen.com and things they don't. When you run a fan-based website, you can post whatever the hell you want, whenever you want. I don't have that luxury (if you can even call it that) and neither does *any* webmaster for any official site. Things that get posted to official sites have to be okayed by the person or persons they represent. Yes, during quiet times, you'll hear some things here first and some things elsewhere first, but that won't always be the case.

Lest you forget, when the band was making III, touring and working on the follow-up to III, van-halen.com was unequaled for news and updates. That time will come again when the time is right. In the mean time, why compare who's site is better? They can all co-exist. There are things on van-halen.com you won't find anywhere else and there are things on other VH sites you won't find anywhere else. The sites can *all* live in harmony. I would think most fans would be thankful that there are so many VH sites to glean information from. Some fans aren't as lucky.

--------------------

Brad
    The Official Van Halen Web Site http://www.van-halen.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

They don't have a clue, do they?

If they don't want the fans talking about their actions, why have a discussion forum available for such?

The best thing VH could have done for their fans would have been to allow that community to discuss the events, and find solist in those discussions. There's huge difference between making a statement and doing something stupid.

Why not just leave the site blank until the band really has something to say? That'd do both their fans and themselves some good.

[ September 18, 2001 at 12:47 PM: Message edited by: MikeL ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mayhaps the band did pay their respect PRIVATELY and are really none of our business. We don't own them. How do we know Ed didn't call somebody to say he's sorry about it? We don't. And, it qualifies as "nunya" as far as I'm concerned. Do any of you give a shit how I expressed my condolences? I thought not. Give the band a little credit; huh? (And yes, I know we're all in the dark about current news but maybe there is no knews to report!)
    DLRnazi's suck ASS.<br />Wanna trade boots? <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~blu/" target="_blank">Go here for my list!</a>