Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's the best sports town in America?

I'll nominate my home town - Dallas.
    We've got...
    The Dallas Cowboys: They've won 5 Super Bowls (been to 8) and even when they suck, no team is loved &/or hated more than the Cowboys.
    The Texas Rangers: Um.....hmmmmmmm.....well, they've won the AL West 3 times and they play in a GREAT ballpark.
    The Dallas Mavericks: They came damn close to beating the Lakers in game 7 of the '87(?) Western Conference Finals. And the 2002 Mavs are cold-blooded - the Kings (and the Lakers) better be ready unless they want to be embarrassed like the T-wolves.
    The Dallas Stars: They won the Cup in '99 and made it to the Finals in 2000.
    Dallas also has the Sidekicks (indoor soccer - several championships), the Burn (regular soccer), the Desperados (arena football) and the Texas Motor Speedway.

What do you think?
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Toronto is the best imo. They support all of their teams, Leafs, Blue Jays, Raptors, whether they win or lose.

Also, it takes more fan support from the Canadian city's than the U.S to keep teams, because the Canadian dollar is so weak right now.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:55 PM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

The Dallas Mavericks are going to embarrass the 2-time defending champ Lakers? A team they have lost to 41 out of 45 times since the early 90's? A team that has no one capable of stopping or even slowing down Shaquille O'Neal. Come now, let the Mavs worry about the Kings first, then worry about the Lakers.

The Mavs gave the Lakers a run in '88, not '87. Keywords being "gave them a run." [img]smile.gif[/img] The '86-'87 Lakers is arguably the greatest team of all time, they romped through the Western conference that year.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

New York/New Jersey [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Nuff said! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Good question, but I'm not sure how it's being asked. I mean, if it's in terms of overall success, it sure as heck ain't Miami. You gotta look at a place like New York where the majority of their franchises have done some serious winning at various times (including the uprooted Dodgers and Giants). Boston teams have done well at times, Pittsburgh had a pretty good run with the Pirates and the Steelers for awhile.

Now, if you're talking about fans, that's a different story. It sure as heck ain't Miami. Can't be bothered to show up for the baseball team and I don't think the Heat draw all that well either. H. Wayne pulled the Panthers up to Broward county so I don't know if they count anymore. Only the Dolphins can sort of count on support. Boston's fans can be band wagon jumpers, too. The only time anyone usually cares about the Patriots is when the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all stink. New York fans seem to love their team, but they're too obnoxious for the rest of us. Los Angeles fans can't be bothered with sitting through a whole game. One place I'm gonna throw out there, don't know if it's the best, but it's gotta be up there, is Denver, Colorado. Always seem to get up for the Broncos, no matter what, Rockies still seem to draw well, don't know much about the Avalanche or Nuggets drawing power, but I imagine with the Avalanche success they have to do okay.

However you want to ask the question though, the answer is not Miami...

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am a little biased because I am from the Boston area, but I would have to say that Boston is one of the best sports towns for sure. The others I would put in that class would be New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, and St. Louis.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been waiting for Pabs to weigh in on this one, but... I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

So... although some of you may THINK that I'd put in a bid for Greenbay, you'd be wrong!

On this one, I'd have to vote for the Chicago. The White Sox (those kids can play), the Cubs (they can't but they sure keep trying and they've got awesome fans, an outstandingly fun park (can you say bleacher bums??), and Sammy!), you've got the Blackhawks, and then there's the Bears (not my most favorite team, but they're only my least favorite team when they play my Packers! )

That's just mentioning the professional sports that we've got here! Awesome place to be! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002