Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

So I've been home the past few weeks with my newborn son and we've been watching a lot of Cubs games. Gotta get the boy going on the Cubbie bandwagon like his pop so we can learn to be continually disappointed year in and year out.(Sorry Pabs. )

Anyway, I was looking at the paper at the recent standings and I am absolutely STUNNED at how many teams are 11+ games back and how few are within striking range of their respective division leaders. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Which leads me to all these rumors of contraction.

When you've got teams like TB, KC (who NEVER amount to anything), Montreal, the Marlins and all these other "has-been" teams out there who ALWAYS scrape the bucket a little lower at the end of each season, why NOT start trimming the fat off?

I just found this topic that JMJ started a few weeks ago (sorry I missed it) and it really made me sad. I almost find myself hoping for some cataclysmic event to happen to MLB so it can hopefully ressurect itself as something else.

http://www.vhforums.com/cgi-bin/vhlf...;f=12;t=002955

Now, I read in another thread that the A's, one of the scrappiest teams the past 2 years, might be moving to DC??? A market that doesn't even seem to care about their own Orioles? Who's in charge of this mess and who allows him to stay in charge?

Whatever happened to the days of teams meeting just to play and beat each other for bragging rights? The much-anticipated Yanks-Red Sox games? The Cubs & Cards? LA & SF? Instead, now we've got teams with swimming pools and health clubs in their ballparks. Teams with hotels so you can watch people procreating instead of watching the actual game. $25+ for a hot dog, fries and Coke.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just SO tired of reading about things that used to be so pure and American now are destroying themselves just for a few more (million) dollars. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

The NFL can't get here soon enough for me! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Don't worry.. if there's a strike in September, baseball as we know it will be over.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There will always be sucky teams in pro sports. While cutting a few teams will improve the pool of starting players, there will ALWAYS be bad teams because of mismanagement and just plain bad luck.

As for the stadiums being turned into "entertainment complexes," this is what some teams do to mask the fact that no one in their town/state gives a crap about baseball. Somehow they know the game isn't enough of a lure.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    So I've been home the past few weeks with my newborn son and we've been watching a lot of Cubs games. Gotta get the boy going on the Cubbie bandwagon like his pop so we can learn to be continually disappointed year in and year out.(Sorry Pabs. )

Anyway, I was looking at the paper at the recent standings and I am absolutely STUNNED at how many teams are 11+ games back and how few are within striking range of their respective division leaders. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

The NFL can't get here soon enough for me! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Hey don't feel to bad about the Cubies the last time the Tigers competed for a penant was 1987! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] The NFL can't get here soon enough for me either!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by xaminer:
    Don't worry.. if there's a strike in September, baseball as we know it will be over.
    I have a feeling you may be right.

But will I shed a tear? Not on your life. Football season is almost here! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Baseball needs contraction in a big way...Too many "major leaguers" shouldn't be on the field...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The Cubs....blah.

My Sox aren't too hot either. I haven't been watching them since the All-Star break, when they lost a 5-game series to the Tigers. How pathetic is that?

Talk about an underachieving team. That team is cursed.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pabs:
    The Cubs....blah.

Go Cards.....and bring on the NFL! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pabs:
    The Cubs....blah.

Go Cards.....and bring on the NFL! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, the Cards are cool. Any team but the Cubs.

And yeah, the NFL...can't wait to see the Bears win another division championship.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by xaminer:
    i agree i don't think they will come back from this one if they strike.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.