Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cardinal Mahoney was at my church tonight. He was addressing the issue of the sexual molestations committed by preists. It was a very big deal! Anyone see it on the news? Alot of people are upset because he wont release the names of the 12 preists involved and it is turning alot of people againt the Catholic religon, saying that they are protecting the preists instead of the children. Discuss...

[ March 25, 2002 at 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]</p>
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

turn them in. if Mahoney won't reveal the 12 priests, then haul his ass in for obstruction of justice. where are all the lawyers in this? so far, no one wants to go up against the big, bad, Catholic church. afraid if you dare to make them accountable that you'll be thrown to the lions? anytime there's a daycare center or school or Michael Jackson (ha) involved in some kind of child abuse scandal, the lawyers are dropping lawsuits left and right, and nothing is being done in this case. just goes to show you, you gotta watch who you blindly follow...maybe if the church allowed married clergy there wouldn't be these kind of problems. i only did three years in Catholic school (i liken it to three years in jail) and fortunately i didn't witness any child abuse, but our parish was led by a priest with a severe alcohol problem, like you can smell vodka from the fourth row back while he's addressing the class at 9 AM. but hey, he was a great guy, only passed out twice in my class...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Must have been Irish.. Anyway- I think being a preist is like being in the service. When a service man gets in trouble it is handled through the military and when a preist gets in trouble, it is handled through the archdiocese.

[ March 26, 2002 at 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]</p>
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah but in the military you can get a dishonorable discharge, or court-martialed, and in the church, all they do is move these guys somewhere else, so the abuse can continue. where does it say that the church or its representatives are immune from prosecution? maybe no one wants to be the first county prosecutor or state attorney general to take one of these guys to court, i don't know. but these sick fucks need to be punished, instead of allowed to continue in their "calling."
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:12 AM
    Liked 16,506 Times in 9,353 Posts

Celibacy is unnatural. Read The First Book of Timothy, Chapter 4, Verses 1 thru 3 in the New Testament. Those are the words of The Apostle Paul.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have nothing against Catholics, but their coverup of child molesting priests is nothing short of criminal. The worst cases are when the pervert-priests were actually transferred to another parish where they raped more children. Not only should they be convicted and castrated, but their bishop, cardinal, or however far up the ladder this goes should be dismissed from the church hierarchy for willingly covering it up.

It was never realistic for the Catholic Church to demand lifelong celibacy from nuns and priests, not like that excuses their crime. This tradition rests solely on the teachings of one man, St Paul, who had personal hangups about sex of any kind, even within marriage. And even Paul didn't command this of his followers. He said that he felt that sexual relations with a wife would come between him and God. Clearly Abraham, Moses, David, definitely Solomon, and other key Biblical figures, including Mary, Jesus' mother (who had many other children with Joseph) did not agree with Paul. And their close proximity to God certainly wasn't a problem, as a result of being married.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    I have nothing against Catholics, but their coverup of child molesting priests is nothing short of criminal. The worst cases are when the pervert-priests were actually transferred to another parish where they raped more children. Not only should they be convicted and castrated, but their bishop, cardinal, or however far up the ladder this goes should be dismissed from the church hierarchy for willingly covering it up.

It was never realistic for the Catholic Church to demand lifelong celibacy from nuns and priests, not like that excuses their crime.
    I agree 100% if the church new these things were happening they should have invovled the poilce immediatly!! The fact that the church hid these crimes and moved these pedofiles to other churches makes them just as fucking guilty as those that commited the crimes!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just want to point out that celibacy does not lead one to molest and violate little boys... These are 2 separate issues. Just because one is told they CAN'T have sex by the very foundation of their title, does not mean THAT is the reason they went ahead and touched some poor little boy's penis.

Understand I am NOT condoning ANY of these child molestation cases, I am just clarifying that dictated celibacy demanded upon the Priests is not always the CAUSE of the sex abuse. We're talking apples and oranges here.

If celibacy lead to homosexual acts with underage boys, that would mean that any hetrosexual man that has gone without sex for a long time, might end up screwing some little boy. That's totally ridiculous logic.

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Honestly, folks, before you go condeming people you don't know and a religion you don't understand, let's ask about some background information.

For starters, how did the Cardinal come to know that these priests committed these acts? If it was through normal conversation, then yes, he should turn them in. However, if it was through the Sacrement of Penance, the Cardinal has a divine obligation NOT to reveal those names, obstruction of justice or not. The confidentiality of the confessor is a very important aspect of the Sacrament, so much so to the point that a priest that reveals anything confessed to him has himself committed a mortal sin.

What was done (child molestation) is wrong and deserves to be punished, but if the Cardnial is bound not to reveal the names by his very office, expecting him to do so betrays the religious intolerance of the Catholic faith that this nation seems to wholly permit. There are victims out there that can bring charges against the priests - the Cardnial does not need to be involved.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

including Mary, Jesus' mother (who had many other children with Joseph) did not agree with Paul.
    There is no documented evidence to this case, FORD. The reference to Jesus having "brothers and sisters" in the Bible is due to a translation issue. The original Greek could mean that or simply "relatives." You can't even begin to claim that Mary and Joseph ever lived as anything but brother and sister in their marriage, and tradition tells us otherwise. Unless you happen to be God, you're wrong.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight"
    Last Online

02.07.09 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My firm designed an addition to a Catholic hospital here in town. They just had the grand opening back on St. Patrick's Day. Anyway, the keynote speaker was the state Bishop (Now, keep in mind that this is a building dedication). He walks up to the podium and proceeds to talk about this whole molestation case for 45 minutes! It had nothing to do with the building or anything! It was very strange.

It makes me wonder if all of the clergy didn't receive word from above (no, not THAT high above) to talk about this case in any public appearance that they make, just so it appears as if they are addressing it, even though they really aren't.

Very weird [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    "Life sucks...get a fucking helmet!" - Denis Leary<br /><br />"Here's how I come up with my song titles...say you write a song about a chandelier...the chandelier puts out light...the light is red...red is the color you're not supposed to wear around a bull...so you call the song "Cow". - Billy Corgan

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clearly Abraham, Moses, David, definitely Solomon, and other key Biblical figures, including Mary, Jesus' mother (who had many other children with Joseph) did not agree with Paul.
    Did Mary have other children? Not according to what I was taught...
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

As a converted Lutheran, I never really understood the reasons behind celebacy for priests and nuns. How could you talk to them about certain problems if they never experienced anything remote to it? Just a thought.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jude, author of the Biblical book which bears his name, was the younger half brother of Jesus Christ. I don't know why the Catholic church would teach otherwise. As long as Mary was a virgin when she concieved Jesus, what she did after His birth is irrelevant.

Stuffy said:
    For starters, how did the Cardinal come to know that these priests committed these acts? If it was through normal conversation, then yes, he should turn them in. However, if it was through the Sacrement of Penance, the Cardinal has a divine obligation NOT to reveal those names, obstruction of justice or not. The confidentiality of the confessor is a very important aspect of the Sacrament, so much so to the point that a priest that reveals anything confessed to him has himself committed a mortal sin.
    OK, the confidentiality issue might prohibit the Cardinal from turning the priestophile into the police. But there is NO justification for transferring a sick fuck like that to another parish where he can rape other children. A sick fuck isn't any less sick because he happens to wear a white collar. And, in my personal opinion, I don't think God would be pissed off at any Cardinal who put a child raper behind bars. But He will be very angry with those who willingly allow such things to continue. Especially those who do so in His name.

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
    - Matthew 18:6
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You have to remember one thing here, being a priest (or bishop, or arch bishop, or cardinal) doesn't mean that you are better then anyone else, or that you are anything less then human. That said, priests are also subject to human frailties.

Stuff No More is correct about the sacrament of reconcilliation. The confessor is bound by his office NOT to reveal the contents of those discussions. Nonetheless, I also feel that it was the duty of every confessor to act in some way to protect the children that any molestor comes into contact with. Especially when they were in a position to prevent it from continuing to happen again, by insisting that some treatment and proper measures to prevent exposure to children be implemented. If someone is an admitted alcoholic, you don't sit them alone in a bar, unless you're expecting recidivism.

To fail to act isn't the crime of the church; however... for there are many in the same position who DID act. It is instead a crime of humanity. To indict the catholic faith as a whole for the acts (or lack there of) is an absurdity.

To indict the FAITH is the wrong way to go. To indict the ACTS of SOME of those who lead the faithful... is more accurate. If a catholic abandons their faith because of the errors of men who were appointed to lead the faith, then they had no faith to begin with. The failure of these men to act responsibly has nothing to do with the tenants of the faith.

Does it rock the administration of the faith? Yes. Should it? Absolutely. Should Catholics abandon their faith? Absolutely not... to abandon beliefs because of human error is simply an excuse to leave something they're looking for an excuse to leave. What next? Catholics especially should demand answers... they should insist on immediate change, and accountability by those in the Arch Diocese who let their people down. Catholics should insist, INSIST that all priests be accountable and not only repentant, but punished... not by the church, but by the proper authorities.

The priests who knew and failed to act should be held criminally accountable for their failure to protect the innocent. Especially when it can be proven that they participated in a cover-up, and allowed the abusers to continue to abuse.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002