Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Some of you know that I have been out of work since September and the bulk of my job search has been in Cali instead of at home in KY, mainly because of Fab Shadow ( ). Well, I just was out there for three weeks, and what I came home to was pretty much a pisser.

To set this up - Last weekend I called to check in with my folks, who were taking care of my house for me while I was gone. They told me that they were in the middle of an ice storm back in KY that was leaving ice an inch thick on everything. Fast-forward to Tuesday. I call again and find out that 80-something thousand people in the region were out of power (my folks were some of the first to get theirs back). Putting my thinking cap on (me be smart n shit.... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] ), I decide to call my house and see if my answering machine came on, which it did, so I knew that I had gotten my power back as well. HAD, anyway. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

On my flight home from LAX Wednesday night, I stop over in Memphis and they say that everything is fine in Lexington and my flight is going as scheduled. But when we get over Lexington, we all realize that the pilot is circling. He does this twice and comes on the intercom and tells us that there are problems landing and that we will give it another shot. He circles two more times and then we realize we are nowhere near the Lexington airport anymore. Fucker waits 10 minutes before telling us that we are on our way to Louisville instead. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Fuck! So once they get us to Louisville, the lady nexts to me asks "Did we pass Louisville?" I told her that I think we were circling there as well. Now, mind you - we are on one of those crappy little 30-seat twin-prop airlink planes and not an airbus, since Memphis is only a little over an hour from Lexington by air. I'm starting to wonder if this pilot is stupid enough to let us run out of fuel. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Well, we land and they say they have a shuttle to drive us from Louisville to Lexington. No free comp tickets, nothing. Fuck you very much, have a nice day. Instead of getting home at 11:30 like I should have, I get home at 3 AM.

Well, it turns out Lexington was fogged over bigger than shit, and when my Dad picked me up and drove me home, you can see about 10 feet in front of the car at a time. We get to my crib, and MY FUCKING POWER WAS OFF AGAIN!! So I go to stay at my folks house. Driving there, I see what my dad was telling me about on the phone - the town looked like it had been NUKED. Trees fallen everywhere, covered in ice. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. When I got out the next day in daylight, it was just sad. I drove around town and I swear every neighborhood looked like it had been hit by a twister. On Wednesday, 47,000 peeps were still without power, including me. Next day it's down to 29,000. Today it is at 22,000 and I am getting really pissed. To make matters worse, I am sleeping in a little twin-size bed at my folks, when I am used to a king, and I have my two dogs with me. usually they are pretty independent at bedtime, but all of a sudden now that we are in this sardine can of a bed, they decide they want to cuddle up to daddy. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

I want to get back in my own damn house! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

well on the good side, UK finally beat the HOGS at Arkansas! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by hain23x:
    well on the good side, UK finally beat the HOGS at Arkansas! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] True dat. LMAO

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

What kind of job are you looking for Wolf?
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Wolfman:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hain23x:
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] True dat. LMAO </font>[/QUOTE]Well, considering I'm an Arkansas alum, this SHOULD make me mad, but the way the Hogs have been playing the past 2 years, I'm not too surprised. In fact, it's kind of par for the course. The Hogs have fallen from the lofty perch they once had as some of the premier college basketball teams in the nation. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

However, I'll still root for UK any other time. Tubby's got his stuff together. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Wolf, broham...sorry to hear about the power outage. I know it's quite a pain living at the folks house and being out of your own element, but I hope that things get better for you REAL soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Wolfman - you should buy a nice, heavy-duty chainsaw and start a tree removal service. A lot of quick, big money can be made after those ice storms! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Poor Wolfman...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, I went thru the same thing 2 years ago here. I was out of my house for a week 2x in a month. I did feel bad for you until you made that Ark/KY crack tho. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

It didn't take us near as long to beat the Cats at home and it won't be long until Stan has us back and AR/KY resumes it's place as one of the games of the year!

Top 5 recruiting class coming in!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, I got my power back sometime in the afternoon on Friday, and I'm settled back in here at home. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Pabs, I'm generally looking in the Marketing field, although there are other things I have experience in.

And DM - you couldn't be more right about the cleanup. I'm sure you've had your share of stuff like this happen around there.

Here's some pics from around town, taken from The Lexington Herald-Leader web site, for anybody that's interested in seeing them -

[ February 23, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I used to live in Lexingburg. All I can say is that it looks like hell finally froze over.
    BTW, it's a good thing Tubby won 20 this year. Them damn UK fans woulda run him outta town had he not. If UK don't go to the final four, they'll be burnin crosses in his yard. Before I get flamed, just let me say that that was a tasteless comment. I'm ashamed to say it is probably true though.