Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.23.16 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 538 Times in 201 Posts

this is sad man...kid from northwestern.....only 22 years old.

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 01:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

JMJ...very tragic, man.

One thing though I noticed in this story and the one with Stringer...these guys aren't listening to their bodies!! Why not? For the sheer sake of ego and machismo? That ESPN article states that this kid was STILL trying to get back out on the practice field. know what? That doesn't impress me anymore. That's just plain ignorant and stupid. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] If your body is telling you that you need to take it easy, take it easy!!!!!

Screw the coaches, players and anyone else who say anything negative towards you. You'd rather be alive to see another day rather than die this way and have it be for nothing, right? I feel bad for the kid and his family, but this kind of thing really is eye-opening as well to the true mentality of all these "rough & tough" macho sports.

Being an all-pro or a first string nose tackle wasn't all that important to me. Being diabetic, I learned what I could and couldn't push myself thru...and for the coaches / players who couldn't or wouldn't understand this, they could go rot for all I cared. I doubt any of them have ever collapsed due to hypoglycemia...none of them have to take 4-5 shots every single day...none of them have to watch their diet like I did / do...none of them have spent nights in a hospital hooked up to IV's and an automated pancreas that looked more like R2-D2...

Screw them! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] So I wasn't the best NT in the I didn't play much or make all-state...big freakin' deal. At least I'm not caught up in the 80's like these guys are today, thinking about how it USED to be...I'm living for today and how it's GOING to be!

Coaches of today, don't kill your players and push them's not a good reflection on you.

[ August 04, 2001 at 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Cabo Kid ]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i said it there, and i'll say it in this thread too, athletes are dumb. i am one.

it's the coaches responsibility to know when they are pushing the athletes too much. it doesn't take too many brain cells to understand when a person is suffering from heat stroke/asthma to a life threatening degree. these oversights make me mad more than anything.

[ August 04, 2001 at 04:21 PM: Message edited by: laner ]

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To make a sad story worse, guess who's getting involved now (at the family's request)? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

As if this will make things happen and we'll get all the answers any quicker!

I suppose the family has the right to do as they see fit, though. Just curious as to his qualifications as a private dick. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jesse Jackson, P.I.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator