all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

its legal here in canada......up to 30 grams... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] honestly...they just passed it...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

TYWH, Humans Being
    Last Online

09.03.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, got a spare room for rent?
    Light em' up!!!

"You can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
    Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

05.03.13 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So when are they going to legalize it here? It's natural, it's happy, and it spins me right round baby right round, like a record baby right round round round.... [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Minnesota Vikings KICK ASS!!!! All other teams get their water.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just what canadians need, reason to smoke more pot.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

let me start practicing my NEW national anthem

"OHHHHHHHH CANADA...."
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 16, 2002, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: hain23x ]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You lucky fuckers.....
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't smoke it but I will say this, why in the world is it not legal and cigarettes are?? Our priorities are pretty fucked up I must say. I am a smoker and I know that cigarettes are way worse for you. Pot seems pretty harmless and has great abilities to ease tension and doesn't appear to be harmful to your system.

My girlfriends 15n y.o. son went through chemo therapy from cancer for over a year and a half, they kept plugging him with drugs to try to help prevent him from puking his brains out all day. The only thing that really helped him to cope was pot, even the nurses turned the other way when they knew he had some.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    I don't smoke it but I will say this, why in the world is it not legal and cigarettes are?? Our priorities are pretty fucked up I must say. I am a smoker and I know that cigarettes are way worse for you. Pot seems pretty harmless and has great abilities to ease tension and doesn't appear to be harmful to your system.

My girlfriends 15n y.o. son went through chemo therapy from cancer for over a year and a half, they kept plugging him with drugs to try to help prevent him from puking his brains out all day. The only thing that really helped him to cope was pot, even the nurses turned the other way when they knew he had some.
    I've always wondered why pot was illegal and alcohol was legal. alcohol causes so damn many problems...it is easier to kill yourself with alcohol. the dangers of pot already seem to covered with cigs. I don't smoke pot...and i do go on the occasional booze bender...just wonder sometimes
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

yeah...i don.t think its a dangerous as alcohol either...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Alcohol and cigarettes are legal for two reasons.

1) The government makes too much money in sin taxes off of them to make them illegal

AND

2) They've been historically legal too long to make them illegal now - the general population would rebel against the law (think Prohibition).

As for marijuana being safe for you... Don't make me laugh with such nonsensical BS. Here are some facts about pot you should keep in mind:

Researchers for the British Lung Association say smoking three marijuana cigarettes is just as bad for your lungs as smoking 20 normal cigarettes.

They say tar from pot cigarettes has 50 percent more cancer-causing chemicals than the tar in tobacco cigarettes.

They also say marijuana today is more dangerous than it was in the 60's because today's marijuana is chemically stronger.

http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=21349
    Points from a marijuana addition website
    http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/m...na-dangers.htm

1. Pot smokers tend to score lower on standardized tests and miss more days of work or school than non pot smokers.

2. Marijuana brings about emotional sensations of isolation, depression and an increase in anxiety - emotions that lead to further use of the drug and (yes, it's true) habitual dependance (read: addiction) to the drug.

3. Habitual users that have become addicted suffer overwhealming anxiety, irritability and sleeping difficulties when they cease use of pot and go through withdrawals

Marijuana contains 150 different elements, including THC. When marijuana is smoked, THC flows through the bloodstream and interacts with different areas of the brain, such as the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, and the cerebellum, which controls movement. The highest concentration of THC, however, binds with the middle of the brain. It is this binding that triggers the secretion of the feel-good hormone dopamine. This is what produces a feeling of mellowness or carefree numbness a "high."

Because marijuana affects the hippocampus, the part of your brain that forms new memories, smoking it can inhibit new memory formation. That can be a serious problem if you're in school, trying to learn. There have been no studies on the long-term effects of marijuana on child and adolescent brains, so the extent to which smoking pot permanently damages brain cells is unknown.

http://teacher.scholastic.com/resear...anbody/pot.htm
    Unfortunately I can't find a particular statistic for this, but the effects of pot stick with you for a long time due to the fact that chemicals in it are fat sollubal and get stored in your body in the form of fat for extended periods of time. You can be "high" legally days after you smoked pot the last time.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good post, Stuff,
    I really didn't know that shit. I wasn't saying pot was safe, but I never really knew what the specific consequences were.

ah well, i've never smoked pot in my life and still don't plan on it. But if it were legalized, a lot of people would get dumber and I would look smarter by comparison
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    Good post, Stuff,
    I really didn't know that shit. I wasn't saying pot was safe, but I never really knew what the specific consequences were.

ah well, i've never smoked pot in my life and still don't plan on it. But if it were legalized, a lot of people would get dumber and I would look smarter by comparison
    never smoked pot...wow....i can't think of anyone off hand that hasn't tried it at least once...
    but thats good..dont bother to now... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

keep in mind that possession is legal, not trafficking. this means that they expect you to grow your own, primarily for medicinal purposes (yep, politicians are naive sometimes).
    but yeah, i studied the effects of pot on the brain and it doesn't look good.
    whatever you do, don't go and do ecstacy though, one "dose" will ruin your brain forever.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Alcohol and cigarettes are legal for two reasons.

1) The government makes too much money in sin taxes off of them to make them illegal

AND

2) They've been historically legal too long to make them illegal now - the general population would rebel against the law (think Prohibition).

As for marijuana being safe for you... Don't make me laugh with such nonsensical BS. Here are some facts about pot you should keep in mind:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Researchers for the British Lung Association say smoking three marijuana cigarettes is just as bad for your lungs as smoking 20 normal cigarettes.

They say tar from pot cigarettes has 50 percent more cancer-causing chemicals than the tar in tobacco cigarettes.

They also say marijuana today is more dangerous than it was in the 60's because today's marijuana is chemically stronger.

http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=21349
    Points from a marijuana addition website
    http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/m...na-dangers.htm

1. Pot smokers tend to score lower on standardized tests and miss more days of work or school than non pot smokers.

2. Marijuana brings about emotional sensations of isolation, depression and an increase in anxiety - emotions that lead to further use of the drug and (yes, it's true) habitual dependance (read: addiction) to the drug.

3. Habitual users that have become addicted suffer overwhealming anxiety, irritability and sleeping difficulties when they cease use of pot and go through withdrawals

Marijuana contains 150 different elements, including THC. When marijuana is smoked, THC flows through the bloodstream and interacts with different areas of the brain, such as the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, and the cerebellum, which controls movement. The highest concentration of THC, however, binds with the middle of the brain. It is this binding that triggers the secretion of the feel-good hormone dopamine. This is what produces a feeling of mellowness or carefree numbness a "high."

Because marijuana affects the hippocampus, the part of your brain that forms new memories, smoking it can inhibit new memory formation. That can be a serious problem if you're in school, trying to learn. There have been no studies on the long-term effects of marijuana on child and adolescent brains, so the extent to which smoking pot permanently damages brain cells is unknown.

http://teacher.scholastic.com/resear...anbody/pot.htm
    Unfortunately I can't find a particular statistic for this, but the effects of pot stick with you for a long time due to the fact that chemicals in it are fat sollubal and get stored in your body in the form of fat for extended periods of time. You can be "high" legally days after you smoked pot the last time.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Alright man, you asked for it... First off, What about the addictiveness of alcohol? Additionally, if pot was made available to the masses, the use frequency would probably be treated more as alcohol, being occasional for most folks...
    1. Drunk driving is the nation's most frequently committed violent crime.
    2. Americans rank drunk driving as their No. 1 highway safety concern.
    3. Preliminary research for 2000 shows that alcohol-related crashes cost the public an estimated $114.7 billion annually -- this includes an estimated $63.9 billion lost in quality of life due to these crashes.
    4. Liver disease.
    As for addictive qulaities, what about the alcoholics?
    1. Beat the shit out of spouses and /or neighbor's dog.
    2. Stupid enought to drink and drive (See #2 above)
    3. An estimated 513,000 people are injured in alcohol-related crashes each year, an average of 59 people per hour or approximately one person every minute.

Realistically, what's the most that happens when you're stoned? Munchies... Or kicking back. Have you ever seen someone become physically violent after hitting the pipe? Possible, but unlikely. Even though you don't remember what you did 5 minutes ago, pot still allows you to catch your snap if you smoke enough (hence smoking yourself straight), where as alcohol makes you physically sick the more you drink. Just some observations [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 17, 2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by muffdiver:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aquatic Punk:
    Good post, Stuff,

never smoked pot...wow....i can't think of anyone off hand that hasn't tried it at least once...
    but thats good..dont bother to now... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]ya know, I guess, I just wasn't around it enough. I went to college in Green Bay, and Wisconsin truly is beer country. If you're not satisfied drinking yourself retarted, you don't belong in Wisconsin. I've always been a little curious, but I figured, I've never done an illegal drug and it will be nice to someday tell my kids that honestly...why start now.