All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

John Cusack in Batman: Year One?
    Sunday, December 9, 2001 7:07 CST

Here's a new one, it seems John Cusack may be up for a role in the upcoming "Batman: Year One" film from Warner Bros...

I went to the Lakers Game in Dallas on Wednesday (go go go) and John Cusack (Americas Sweethearts) was there. I managed to ask him a few things interesting near the end. Mostly I asked about musical tastes but then i got some news out of him about his new projects. He said he's doing another grosse pointe blank but the good news....he's going to be in the next BATMAN movie. He 'joked/said he's going to get killed if he says much - and said its not confirmed or something but he's negotiating to play a central character. He didn't tell me if it was batman himself - i doubt it. Unless someone knows something i dont know. I presume he was referring to the year one 'Batman' project though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can call me 'Prince Mononoke'

Could he be playing the younger Commissioner Gordon? Only time will tell.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Source: Melodicrock

BOSTON TO APPEAR NEW YEARS DAY / ALBUM IN 2002 :
    The classic rock band Boston has been invited to perform the National Anthem at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on New Year's day.
    A full press release has now been issued, after the info previously leaked out a little early!
    The kick off is tentatively scheduled for 2:30pm MST, which is 4:30pm EST. The National Anthem is tentatively 2:00pm MST (4:00EST).
    Read The Press Release
    The band now consists of Tom Scholz, Brad Delp, Gary Pihl, Fran Cosmo, Curly Smith and Anthony Cosmo.
    I am told the version they will perform will include vocals unlike the version on their greatest hits CD. This would be the bands first ever "live" appearance on National TV!
    In the band's most recent news, Boston signed to Artemis records for their new album, currently scheduled to be released sometime in the first half of 2002, followed by a tour.
    More updates when available.

DEF LEPPARD CD ON TRACK FOR RELEASE IN FIRST HALF OF 2002:
    Online now at Def Leppard.com is news of the band's recording progress for their next studio CD. The band reveals plans to use more than one producer for the album and have some great pictures of the guys in the studio making the new album. Check it out: www.defleppard.com
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Beasties Ready "Nasty" Follow-up

Mixmaster Mike talks new Beasties record, side projects

Three and half years after the release of their fifth full-length album, Hello Nasty, the Beastie Boys are finally getting to work on the follow-up. Along with their DJ, Mixmaster Mike, the Beasties (Ad-Rock, Mike D and MCA) have begun the writing process and expect to begin formal recording sessions early in 2002.
    "Right now, we're at the incubation stage," Mixmaster Mike says. "We've got all the beats in the incubator. They're eggs. We're waiting for them to hatch. Me and Mike [D] are just like, politicking. We're very moody players. We're moody musicians. You never know what's gonna come out of it."

The band is working in Los Angeles and New York, where, in late October, they emerged from a lengthy hiatus to play two New Yorkers Against Violence benefit shows alongside the Strokes, Mos Def, the B-52's, Cibo Matto, the John Spencer Blues Explosion and the Roots.

Beyond his Beasties duties, Mixmaster Mike has recently guested on Rob Zombie's The Sinister Urge, and Tommy Lee has also requested his services for Method of Mayhem's forthcoming second album. The DJ has also just released his own solo effort, Spin Psycle, and his score for the limited-release art-house flick Jails, Hostpitals and Hip-Hop drops next week. He is also plotting the return of Invisibl Skratch Piklz, who split last year. The Bay Area fivesome - Mike, Q-Bert, Yoga Frog, Shortkut and D-Styles - were instrumental in launching the turntablist movement.

"Right now, we're all working on our own solo stuff," Mixmaster Mike says. "But next year we're going to come back together and formulate something. Next year we're gonna hook up and build something monstrous."

For the Methods track, Brandon Boyd and Mike Einziger of Incubus and Cypress Hill's B-Real will all join Lee and Mixmaster on a cover of David Bowie's "Fame." As for the Jails, Hospitals and Hip-Hop score, Mike says, "It's all original beats and scratches. It's crazy. It's like hypnotic, psychedelic hip-hop meets Ultraman and Godzilla."

GREG HELLER
    (December 7, 2001)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Poison Heading Into Studio To Record Some 'Fuel-Injected Hard Rock'
    12.07.2001 9:57 AM EST

Poison
    Photo: Capitol
    "It's fuel-injected hard rock Poison stuff. I think people really need it." — Poison's Rikki Rockett

If there's an upside to Poison bassist Bobby Dall's recent emergency back surgery, it's that the hair metal kings have had time off the road to write their next album.

Drummer Rikki Rockett said Sunday at the My VH1 Music Awards (see "Dave Matthews Band Bathes In Fan Flattery At My VH1 Music Awards") that the band has written and finished pre-production on its seventh studio album and plans to enter a Los Angeles studio next week.

"The songs are awesome," Rockett said. "I really, really love these songs. It's fuel-injected hard rock Poison stuff. I think people really need it. And I really need it. A lot of times you listen to all your new songs right back and there's always something wrong with them. I love everything on these."

One of the new tracks, "I Want to Go Home," is a tongue-in-cheek number about being somewhere you don't want to be, Rockett said.

Poison will follow up the album with a summer headlining tour, the drummer said. The "Nothin' But a Good Time" rockers' last tour, the Glam Slam Metal Jam, ended abruptly in early August when Dall had emergency surgery to replace several discs in his spine (see "Poison Tour Dates Canceled As Bassist Undergoes Emergency Surgery").

The group's most recent album, 2000's Power to the People, featured five new tracks, along with eight live recordings, including a rendition of the 1988 #1 hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

Flamboyant guitarist C.C. DeVille, who has left Poison and returned twice in the past (see "C.C. DeVille Rejoins Poison"), will record with the band on the new album.

—Corey Moss

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FanHalen:
    he's going to be in the next BATMAN movie. He 'joked/said he's going to get killed if he says much - and said its not confirmed or something but he's negotiating to play a central character. <hr></blockquote>

Alfred?!?! LOL!!!!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Warner Bros. Planning Matrix Release Dates
    Monday, December 10, 2001 7:34 CST

Variety reports that Warner Bros. & New Line are quickly taking up profitable box office spots with its two massive franchises, "Harry Potter" and "The Lord of the Rings". The two have already had an impact on next November and December, and possibly the 2003 holidays.

New Line's "Rings" trilogy has long been scheduled for three consecutive Christmases. Warner Bros. has claimed next Nov. 15 for its "Harry Potter" follow-up, which just started lensing. The issue for 2002 and perhaps 2003 is whether other contenders will be able to find profitable slots, as "Monsters, Inc." and possibly this weekend's champ, "Ocean's Eleven" already have.

Complicating matters further, Warner Bros. may throw a third heavyweight franchise into the mix: The studio is mulling a provocative alternate route for 2003, which would offer only six months in between its upcoming "Matrix" installments. The studio's distribution president, Dan Fellman says he hopes to launch the second and third "Matrix" pictures in May and November and push the third "Potter" into 2004

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

According to interviews given to French press by AC/DC's Angus Young and Brian Johnson, the bands rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young is already working on new material for an upcoming AC/DC album. Lead vocalist Johnson told Rockhard Magazine, "...we're gonna do everything to release an album as soon as possible. Last time the fans were so angry to wait 5 years... I talked to Malcolm last week and he told me that he's working on new songs." Says Angus Young, "I think that we ain't gonna wait to much time before entering in studio because the fans tells us that 5 years without a new AC/DC record it's a little bit too long. So we have to hurry up." Also, two classic AC/DC albums, Highway To Hell and Back In Black, have just been released in France in boxset format. These limited edition box sets contains the regular CD's and a platinum award.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DREAM THEATER's forthcoming album, Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, has the following tracklisting: CD1 - 'The Glass Prison', 'Blind Faith', 'Misunderstood', 'The Great Debate' and 'Disappear'. CD2 - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (8 parts) i) 'Overture', ii) 'About To Crash', iii) 'War Inside My Head', iv) 'The Test That Stumped Them All', v) 'Goodnight Kiss', vi) 'Solitary Shell', vii) 'About To Crash' (Reprise) and viii) 'Losing Time/Grand Finale'. The album is produced by Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci and will be released on January 29th. Dream Theater will play a warm up show in New York City on January 19th in preparation for the first leg of their European World Tourbulence 2002 tour. The show begins at 7:30pm at B.B. King's. This will be the bands only U.S. show before they return for the American leg of the tour in March.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE will release their first studio album since singer Zack de la Rocha left the band in March through Epic. A spokesperson for the band says a date has not been finalized and that the group are still in recording sessions. The new album marks the debut of Rage's new singer, Chris Cornell (ex-SOUNDGARDEN). Cornell began jamming with Rage guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk last February, and by late May the new lineup had written 20 songs and were heading into the studio with producer Rick Rubin. Describing the Cornell collaboration backstage at the 2001 Grammy Awards, Morello told Billboard, "We've been jamming with a lot of friends lately, and Chris is among them. The two days we jammed with him were downright ground breaking. It was off the scale." He added that the foursome had written "two great songs," and that "we're just enjoying making music again. That's all we're concerned with right now."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ROLLING STONES BOX SET IN 2002:
    From Billboard.com: The Rolling Stones plan to celebrate the group's 40th anniversary next year with the release of a box set, featuring rarities, outtakes, and unreleased live tracks taken from different stages of the band's career.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE will release their first studio album since singer Zack de la Rocha left the band in March through Epic. A spokesperson for the band says a date has not been finalized and that the group are still in recording sessions. The new album marks the debut of Rage's new singer, Chris Cornell (ex-SOUNDGARDEN). Cornell began jamming with Rage guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk last February, and by late May the new lineup had written 20 songs and were heading into the studio with producer Rick Rubin. Describing the Cornell collaboration backstage at the 2001 Grammy Awards, Morello told Billboard, "We've been jamming with a lot of friends lately, and Chris is among them. The two days we jammed with him were downright ground breaking. It was off the scale." He added that the foursome had written "two great songs," and that "we're just enjoying making music again. That's all we're concerned with right now."<hr></blockquote>

I thought they were going to use a new band name??? They should drop the RATM name, they don't need it, especially with Chris Cornell on vocals....It would be silly to hear Chris sing Rage tunes...

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cornell began jamming with Rage guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk last February, and by late May the new lineup had written 20 songs and were heading into the studio with producer Rick Rubin. Describing the Cornell collaboration backstage at the 2001 Grammy Awards, Morello told Billboard, "We've been jamming with a lot of friends lately, and Chris is among them. The two days we jammed with him were downright ground breaking. It was off the scale." <hr></blockquote>

I saw an interview with Morello and he seemes even more pissed off than usual. The new Rage is going to kick ass!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oscar magnet Tom Hanks is lining up his next next project, Terminal, which he will have a hand in writing as well as star. The actor, who will next be seen in Sam Mende's The Road to Perdition before starring opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me if You Can, will play a man forced to live in an airport terminal.

No, it isn't some kind of a gimmick movie - it's actually inspired by a man's true story. In the movie Hanks plays a Balkan immigrant whose passport is voided when his country ceases to exist. He's trapped in the terminal until he makes a daring escape with the help of a stewardess he falls in love with.

OK, that last part is a crappy gimmick movie.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jennifer Connelly Talks The Hulk
    Monday, December 10, 2001 2:27 CST

Jennifer Connelly has been talking to Sci Fi Wire about "The Hulk," in which she'll play Betty Ross. She was attracted to director Ang Lee's philosophical perspective on the superhero.

"I asked him why he wanted to make The Hulk, and he said, 'Well, it's really a Greek tragedy. It's actually a psychodrama,'" Connelly said. "He talks about the rage inside all of us, he talks about fathers and sons, and he's talking about using a heightened format to get at something really profound that is otherwise more difficult to access. So, I'm hearing it like Brechtian theater."

Connelly added, "It's really interesting and ambitious. He's not talking about a guy running around in green tights and a glossy fun-filled movie for kids. He's talking along the lines of tragedy and psychodrama. I find it interesting, the green monster of rage and greed, jealousy and fear in all of us."