Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know most people loath independent film documentaries, but if you get the chance to take a look at "children underground" please do it. It was shot in Bucharest, Romania and follows a group of homeless and abandoned children and their lifes on the streets.....it's a heart breaking and horrifing look at what they go through everyday. I'm not one to post lengthy comments on society.....but these film really was that powerful. Most of all of the children have become addicted to paint huffing and each of them face beatings every day......

Here's a link on the docu http://www.childrenunderground.com/bio.html

I caught it on Cinemax last night so maybe they'll show it again soon.

[ July 10, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Dennis ]
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's hard to believe that "Skinamax" is showing a serious-toned documentary. I'll check this one out.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I was taken back that skinamax was actual showing something like this. If you can FH see it. It's real powerful and very sad. I kept thinking through the film that at least heroin had not leaked onto the streets but sadly it recently has there......

....I also knew that these were only five stories out of what some say are the 100 million children living on the streets worldwide.

It is difficult to imagine that the situation for the children could have deteriorated further, but a recent trip back to Romania made the time portrayed in the film seem like the children’s golden years. Heroin has arrived in Bucharest and is now the drug of choice among street children, creating a slew of new problems. A new police policy is attempting to cleanse the city of homeless children by giving them one-way tickets to whatever district of Romania they’re originally from. Most children return in a matter of days, but are forced even further underground as they are no longer allowed in subway stations or construction sites. With many children now perpetually on the move, it was hard to find some of the characters in the film, and the ones I found were clearly on a downward spiral.

Cristina is pregnant and addicted to heroin, and is once again in charge of her own gang. I was finally able to track down Macarena in a police station, where she was about to be sent out of the city. She is keeping mostly to herself, drifting in and out of lucidity from her Aurolac use. Though I didn’t find Ana or Marian, I heard that Ana was back on the streets and is also pregnant. Social workers attempted to place Mihai back home, but he ran away again and is somewhere on the streets.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics