Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I got off work this morning and found that some asshole had gone through my truck. The cab still reaked of B.O. and all he got was the contents of my backpack - a tan field shirt that had poison oak on the sleaves, my Mag-Light and my micro-cassette recorder that I use for ghost hunting.

Not the end of the world but I'm pissed off just the same. For those of you who don't know, I lost my job of fifteen years almost two years ago to the day. I lost it due to injury that has left me dissabled (back injury). I was unemployed and due to the circumstances it would be a year and a half before I would recieve any dissability payments. So I had to look for work. I got temp jobs here and there but by the end of 2001 I was in debt up to mu ass and I couldn't even get a job at Burger King. Then I finally get a job and it is a suck job as a front desk clerk in a motel. Two nights a week I have to do the night audit. I've been here almost a year. I hate it.

No matter how bad things got I never thought about stealing. Never. I sold most of my guitar equipment and some valuable stuff. (You guitarists know that this is like selling your children) I never considered taking something that didn't belong to me.

I'm not going to go on about all the things I'd like to do to this son-of-a-whore, mainly because it actually won't make me feel better. The guy will end up in jail down the road, they always do. The one consolation I have is that in my darkest times I'm the better man, and that will just have to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Remeber one thing bud, shit always comes back on you. Whoever done that will get theirs I guarantee it, one way or another. I can't stand two things, a thief and a liar. Hang in there bud [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <a href="http://www.vhvault.com/~rebel" target="_blank">The Coolest VH Trade Site on the Net!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I think I know the feeling dude, or at least part thereof.

About 8 or 9 years back my flat got knocked over. I came home after a weekend away and I'd been cleaned out. My computer, my TV, my 'simpsons sing the blues' cassette(!) , about 6 grand I guess.

And fool me wasn't insured. Where I grew up in a country town it wasn't really nessesary, so I didn't do it once I moved into the city. Besides I didn't really own all that much gear anyway, I hadn't long finished my trade apprenticeship, so I took a bit of a punt on it. I had been living with the arse outta my trousers for 4 years on apprentice wages, I really had only just started to put a bit together.

Didn't pay off, but thats my own stupid kid fault anyways. We all do dumb kid things.

So I was mad as hell. I made up a list of everything that was taken, and run round every pawn shop in town giving them these lists. I knew the cops wouldn't do jack shit, the guy they sent around couldn't be less interested.

A few days later I got a call from the cops. Some guys turned up to sell my CD's and he remembered I had listed a pile of VH CD's, it jogged the shop owners memory and he rung through to the police, and they busted these guys.

I got a few CD's back, not my PC or TV, but I at least got some satisfaction outta getting off my arse, doing something about what had happened, and getting the guys collared.

It wasn't much but it helped.

[ January 18, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Goo ]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    I got off work this morning and found that some asshole had gone through my truck. The cab still reaked of B.O. and all he got was the contents of my backpack - a tan field shirt that had poison oak on the sleaves, my Mag-Light and my micro-cassette recorder that I use for ghost hunting.

That is a very interesting paragraph.

Sorry about your shit dude. Hopefully that poison oak will catch his pecker. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, that sucks big time, bro. Take pleasure in the meantime knowing he's getting poison oak (hopefully).

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Axxman300:
    my micro-cassette recorder that I use for ghost hunting.

Really, you ever get any good stuff. Art Bell used to play some of shit on his show and some of the stuff sounded pretty creepy.

A related story: I was talking to my ex the other day and she made the comment that "people" have been bothering my daughter (she's 10). I asked her what people, I'm thinking maybe solicitors coming to the front door or something. Anyway she says "dead people", she sees dead people. I of course accuse her of drinking. Anyway she claims that they both attract ghosts or whatever and see them floating in the room. She says they look like jellyfish in the air.

Anyway, I really think she's nuts but she did say all this convincingly. She at least believes it I guess. Weird stuff!
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I got robbed at work one day. I work at a concert hall...I was working backstage loading out an event from the previous night, and the truck driver was helping to load up the truck. So we are pushing cases out onto the loading lock, and my bag (with my wallet in it) is sitting on the stage manager desk.

We were just about finished when suddenly I get walkie-talkied to go to another building for something, so I run over there without my bag.

When I got back a few minutes later, they were driving away in the truck. My bag was still on the stage manager desk, but I looked in my wallet and the $20 I had in there is missing. He must have stolen it. Don't leave your stuff unattended... *smacks forehead*

My sister told me this story: she was sitting waiting for the train one day. She had her Discman out on top of her suitcase, and was about to put the headphones in when this stranger came up and started talking to her. Suddenly she realized that the Discman wasn't there. She looked at him and said, "Where's my CD player?" The stranger pointed at someone and said, "That guy took it! I'll get him!" and took off into a crowd of people, She was left there with the headphones in her hand, and couldn't chase after him because she had this heavy suitcase. Now her CD player...the new one...stays in her pocket at all times...
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hike regularly, the tan shirt is a long sleaved military BDU top. I keep it in my pack in case I have to leave the rail or there is no trail. I can quickly put it on and blaze through and then take it off when things clear up. I get Poison Oak bad, it doesn't take much. My legs are perminantly scarred from a bad case I got when I was a kid.

My micro cassette has about an hour of me trying to get somebody to talk to me. They didn't but the tape is actually creepy to listen to anyway. It was recorded in a series of abandoned buildings at a remote site at Fort Ord, CA. These buildings were once a POW camp for German U-Boat crews. One of them was shot for dousing a guard with fuel and setting him ablaze in an escape attempt. He's burried in an unmarked grave somewhere in that area, nobody knows where. Anyway the tape has a great echo and the wind was whistling through the buildings so you have all these hisses and growling sounds. Nothing supernatural though-damnit.

I was lucky in that the thief made a quick grab, he left my walkman and my checkbook. I'm pissed that I have to buy another Mag-Light but that's the way it goes. I was thinking about getting a digital micro-recorder anyway.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 1,342 Times in 920 Posts

I hate people that steal - they're about one step below murderers (well, maybe rapists and pedophiles are in between somewhere) as far as I'm concerned - no respect for others.
    Sucks you don't like working at the motel - I had a lot of fun during my days as a night auditor. Didn't hurt that the motel I worked in for most of '84-'89 sold "Playboy", "Penthouse" and I think it was "Oui" over the counter and I had something to read at night...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ugh, what is this world coming to? We just got home from church (Catholic) and it seems someone stole parts of the sound system. Initial guess is that it might be drug related (for money) because there have been several other churches around broken into as of late.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Getting ripped off sucks...especially when you leave something valuable unattended.

Several years back, I am checking out books in the library and set on the counter my Vuarnet shades I'd bought the previous day for $120. Walk out the door and immediately turn back to get me shades...No one was checking books out and no one followed me out. Guy at the counter "didn't see any shades." [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Crooks suck ass...period. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Crooks suck!

Some asshole just cost me $230.00 to repair the back window that they smashed and who knows how much to repair the door trim

Fortunately there was nothing taken. At about 1 am my wife woke me as the car alarm was blaring. I went out and open the patio door to the driveway and saw nothing. The lights are set by a motion detector so in my sleepy state of mind I reasoned that the alarm musta gone off because of a cat or some other reason.

It wasn't until early this morning that I saw the smashed window.

What the FUCK!

It's a '99 Saturn with a car seat in the back. Most of the cars in my neighborhood are BMWs and such. Why me?

Now what? I don't feel very safe.

Thieves suck.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

That sucks.
    Last December my house was broken into.
    The guy got my Expedition(taking the keys from the house made that easy, wallet($200.00 plus 7 credit cards), class ring( not worth alot but the sentimental value was high) and my watch($10,000 Rolex my Father gave me for my 30th birthday, which had more sentimental value than monetary value).
    It turns out that there were 2 guys who were involved in armed home invasions. They would tie up the people at gunpoint and beat them up after stealing whatever it was they were after.
    This guy was only after my vehicle. White Eddie Bauer Expeditions are as common as bellybuttons in suburban Houston, making it easy to travel unnoticed. That and the fact he had a nitrous system he had rigged for quick hookup/disconnect for the 5.4 Ford motor (for getaway concerns). The other stuff was just a bonus for him.
    I was upset that I had lost the items and that I had been violated. But after learning the nature of these guys, I realized that I would gladly trade these 'things' for my life.
    My insurance company basically accused me of fraud(until he was caught). They argued damage claims on the vehicle. The jewelry was sold to "a friend of a friend" that he didn't remember his name(of course). BTW, I found out that there is a $500 cap on jewelry, unless further coverage is purchased. Oh well, that is my mistake for not knowing. And the credit cards were protected.

The whole experience was pure shit.
    The only good part is the asshole just got 40 years in the pen.
    He is 21 and has attitude issues.
    I just hope he is the most popular girl on cell block D.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My micro cassette has about an hour of me trying to get somebody to talk to me. They didn't but the tape is actually creepy to listen to anyway. It was recorded in a series of abandoned buildings at a remote site at Fort Ord, CA. These buildings were once a POW camp for German U-Boat crews. One of them was shot for dousing a guard with fuel and setting him ablaze in an escape attempt. He's burried in an unmarked grave somewhere in that area, nobody knows where. Anyway the tape has a great echo and the wind was whistling through the buildings so you have all these hisses and growling sounds. Nothing supernatural though-damnit.
    [/QUOTE]

That really sucks man, I am sorry to hear you got jacked. One point of light though...can you imagine finding a random tape thrown out on the street and popping it in for shit sake and find some guy trying to communicate with the dead? I bet that tape is a hit somewhere....
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....