Thread: Trash TV

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's my day off and I'm up extra early 'cuz the wife had to be at work at 0500.

So, I'm watching the morning news, flippin' from one channel to another when I come across ABC. They said that all of the major networks plan for at least 2 dozen new relaity based TV shows by this summer.

WTF??? What the hell ever happened to creating a TV show that can make you laugh or think? What is with this "trash TV" explosion? Seems like every time I turn the channel there's a new reality based television series on, and they all suck.

The only show from this genre that I consider to be the best would have to be "COPS", because it's been on for so long. All this other stuff is just mindless crap.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Becuase I was unemployed for so long and in debt I gave up my cable TV and I really don't miss it. I miss Enterprise and the Discovery Channel and the History Channel but that's it. I get to watch TV at work but I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Bottom line entertainment, that's all it is.
    $$$$.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Agreed, some of this shit is beyond belief. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] I was flipping through the channels last night and came upon some sort of celebrity "Survivor" with all of these has been B and C, washed up celebrities camping in a jungle. Has anyone else seen it? I thought that it was a joke. And these "Who Wants to Marry America Vote's a Millionaire Wedding Joe Blow Blah...Blah..." shows need to go as well.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Vince, I agree with ya. I've got no interest in reality TV. There's nothing real about it at all. It's just part of the continued dumbing-down of America.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I agree as well that there's too much of this reality TV on right now. Nothing separates any of it from it's competition right now. It's all "been there, seen that". From "Fear Factor" to "Celebrity Mole" to "Get Me Out Of Here" to all the various Bachelors/Joe Millionaires/American Idols/etc, it's just gotten WAY too boring.

*note: I'll only watch AI because Paula Abdul is H-O-T!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

As if that isn't bad enough, now you've got the automatic "POST Joe Millionaire" show or "AARON & HELENE Bachelor" special or "TRISTA & RYAN'S WEDDING" extravaganza.

I tell you this much, I'm THROUGH watching this trash just as soon as the Bachelorette 4 is done.

Just kidding...it's all worthless.

Now then, who's excited about My Big Fat Greek TV Show tonight after Raymond?
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

who needs TV when i've got the internet to eat up all my time?

TV is really frightening anymore. and i don't even have cable. i don't consider myself a prude, but if you flip on a show at 8 PM, you're guarenteed to get a "damn" "crap" or "son of a bitch" plus most likely a boat load of sexual entendres, when they just don't come right out and make jokes about the words boob and penis. like i said, i don't mind that stuff, but the fact that it's on public tv (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) at those hours seems more than a little trashy to me. and that's not even counting the syndicated re-runs at 5, 6, and 7 PM. shit, if TV had been like that when i was ten years old, i would have been humping the screen every time jennifer aniston or access hollywood came on.

i'll watch about 2 hours a week, not counting tapes or dvds. fuck "reality" tv.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

Ikeda pretty much summed up my feelings for today's television, though I did come up with some great ideas for future reality shows:

The first one would take a few years to get set up - basically, you have this woman and she sleeps with 16 different guys - one shoots 'n scores. A couple of years later, you bring 'em all back, show the kid and one by one she eliminates them until she gets to the one she thinks is the father. Show is called "Who's Yo Daddy?". If she gets it right, she gets her ration of food stamps doubled, if she guesses wrong, she is deemed an unfit parent and the child is taken away and placed in the foster home of Van Gully's choosing!

Next up, we have 16 death row inmates. They go through a series of challenges and each week one is eliminated by..."The Chair". Yep, ol' sparky himself, right on national television - gather 'round kids 'n watch this. Hopefully more effective than "Scared Straight". The "winner" gets to die by lethal injection. Either that or maybe even gets set free - in downtown Baghdad!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I got interested in 'Survivor' for about a series and a half. Other than that I'd sooner wrap my nuts in barbed wire than watch any reality TV. I fucking hate it. I can feel my brain imploding every time I hear the words 'big brother'! gah!!

Pretty much most mainstream TV actually, except sport and 'the simpsons'.. CSI is OK too I guess. Watch that occasionally.

Some of the docos on 'discovery' or 'national geographic' are interesting. Other than that the TV just sits on 'musicmax' (cable music channel) most of the time.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I watch Survivor and American Idle. Interesting stuff
    I am awesome

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The absolute *best* shows on TV, right now, IMO, are:

-NYPD Blue
    -Dragnet
    -Will & Grace
    -Friends
    -The George Lopez Show
    -Third Watch
    -Bernie Mac
    -8 Simple Rules About Dating My Daughter

I used to like "ER", but it's turned into a fucking soap opera.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

I agree that there are too many reality-type shows on tv these days. The few that I watch are 'Survior', 'Amazing Race' and 'Sorority House' [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

My mom tries to watch as many as she can. She is really addicted.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I saw enough reality TV on September 11, 2001. One reality show I'd like to see would be "Mushroom Cloud Over Baghdad".

On a lighter note...

I can't understand why the contestants on "Survivor" don't attack the production crew and take their food. Now THAT would be entertaining!

Back to my rant:
    With these 'human shields' going to Iraq, I figure some network honcho is working on "Survivor-Baghdad". [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.23.12 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, Vince:

You forgot "Law & Order" and "The Simpsons" on your list of best TV shows...

Just thought I'd make you aware of the omissions. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived..."

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Goo:
    I got interested in 'Survivor' for about a series and a half. Other than that I'd sooner wrap my nuts in barbed wire than watch any reality TV.
    Right on Goo, the first Survivor kicked ass! I liked the second one as well.

Now I'm not so sure about the nuts in barbed wire.....but if your stuck in the outback with nothing else but a platapus.....
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

IMHO, all reality TV sucks. The only reason I'll watch it is if there are some hottie's on it that week, i.e. - Playmate Fear Factor

The only show I watch religously besides ER for Maura Tierney , is Mail Call with R. Lee Ermey on the History Channel. Comes on Mondays at 8pm EST.
    This is the same guy that played the DI in Full Metal Jacket. My brother & I (he's a gung-ho Marine) literally ROTFLOMFAO when we watch this show [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle