Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile is found dead in his Chicago hotel room on Saturday. The cause of his death is unknown at this time. Kile, 33, was in his 13th year in the major leagues. The Cardinals-Cubs game has been cancelled.
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I just heard the bad news on the radio...he died in his sleep. This is horrible news for his family and the Cardinals!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:25 AM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

fuck

this is so damn sad man. what a shock!

i feel terrible for his wife and kids, my god...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a terrible thing to hear about. I was listening to the game on the radio and you just knew it was something bad because none of the players were in the dugout or anything. I was just hoping it wasn't something like this, I was hoping that the locker room caught on fire or something. But when they announced it, I just couldn't believe it. He was so young, he had so much more left to do. But I think things like this kind of help you put things in perspective and give you a wake-up call to enjoy your life. He was a good man and absolutely NOT replaceable as a pitcher or a leader.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

I can't believe that man...he was a great pitcher awesome team player with the Cards...LaRussa really loved the guy...played for the Astros for a while if im not mistaken, was an All-Star...
    i just can't believe how a seemingly perfectly healthly athlete could just drop dead all of the sudden...i mean he was scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the Cubs...you hate to think at a time like this that maybe it was something else that caused his death, drugs/steroids who knows very sad...Baseball has had a tough year with contraction talk..possible strike, and now losing one of its brightest stars in the prime of his life and career
    Its just soo weird and sad

Late.
    Kosovo Je Srbija

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just found out about his death. He was a very good pitcher for St Louis. My prayers go out to his family and friends. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Georgia Tech Football - Bring on Utah!!!! Go Jackets!!!!
    Falcons - I hear playoffs
    Atlanta Braves - Need to make some real moves
    Atl Hawks - 3-0 alright were undefeated and when did they pick up this guy called Marvin Williams?????
    PS3 Network - VanHalen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I don't know how many of you listen to the Jim Rome show but lately the topic of steroids in baseball has come up and how guys like Ken Camminiti(sp?)and Jose Canseco are making claims that a good percentage of baseball players use steroids. When I heard of Kile's death the first thing that popped into my mind was steroids. I certainly hope that is not the case but on the off chance that it might be it would be a huge wake up call to some players. Is pumping your body with chemicals and perhaps becoming a better player and making millions of dollars worth shortening your life? I personally don't think its a good trade. God bless to Darryl, his family and teammates-Very Sad.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can guarantee you it was NOT steroids. First of all, he is not a fastball pitcher, he is known for an incredible curveball. There would be no reason to bulk up to throw a curve. Second of all, the guy has been the same size forever and besides being tall, he's fairly skinny. He hasn't bulked up. Third, he was a class act and a true student of the game. He wouldn't do something like that. Now I know that's an opinion, but anyone who knew him personally or followed his career would realize that. His father died really young from a blod clot. I'm willing to wager that it was either something along those lines (aneurysm, clot), a heart arrythmia, or something that they may not be able to find. Either way, he was a class act and it is such a tragedy for his family and the Cardinal organization.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Lifetime Red Bird fan, this has been a hard week. I just cant believe that Daryl Kile died, what a shock. He was such a pro, and a very nice guy.

Just hope that his wife and 3 kids get through this as easy as possible, under the circumstances.

Puts allot into perspective, hell im only 3 years younger then him. And as for the Steroids/Drugs stuff, anything is possible I suppose, but that would be an even bigger shocker then what just happened, I doubt it seriously.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

R.I.P., Darryl...what a shocker.
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

This is a real real real shame. There were few curveballs in the game better than Kile's - damn, I'm going to miss watching him pitch. I really feel for his family...what a ROUGH thing to have to come to grips with. The mystery surrounding his death is just so tragic and extremely weird...I sure hope they're able to find out what happened. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

My prayers are w/ his family, the Cardinals organization, and the city of St. Louis. This is definitely the LAST thing this team needed after Jack Buck passed away...such a tragedy [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile likely died from a blockage of a coronary artery, Cook County's chief medical examiner said Sunday.

Dr. Edmund Donoghue said initial findings of an autopsy showed Kile had "80-to-90 percent narrowing of two of the three branches of the coronary artery." He said the blockage was the "likely cause of death."

Damn Scray that young healthy in shape guy can die from clogged arterys.

[ June 23, 2002, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ohhh yeah, most definitely - that is extremely strange.

His father died of a heart attack in his mid-40's...sounds like a family history of heart disease. But regardless of his family history, that is still so weird. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:
    St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile likely died from a blockage of a coronary artery, Cook County's chief medical examiner said Sunday.

Dr. Edmund Donoghue said initial findings of an autopsy showed Kile had "80-to-90 percent narrowing of two of the three branches of the coronary artery." He said the blockage was the "likely cause of death."

Damn Scray that young healthy in shape guy can die from clogged arterys.
    A blood clot to the heart......narrowing of the coronary arteries....all mean the same thing: heart attack. This is what he most likely died from.....unfortunately. His father died young of a heart attack, and Darryl was most likely pre-disposed to the same condition. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The saddest thing of all though, is that HE knew his father died of a heart attack. His doctors SHOULD have known too, if he told them. With that knowledge, they should have been doing extensive cardiovascular tests just to track it.

The team doctors said that although he'd passed his physical with flying colors, they had done NO cardiovascular testing.

Breaks my heart to think that it could have been prevented... now his wife is alone and those kids will grow up without their father.

As for steroids, I wondered the same thing. I don't know much about Darryl, so it was a natural curiosity. I hope steroids weren't involved. That would make this even more tragic then it already is. They're doing a tox screen. Results will be back in about two weeks. Then we'll know.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002