Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Ok, so what is your pattern or habits on the computer? Two part question here:

1. When you arrive at vhforums, what is your pattern of viewing? Do you go straight to Main Discussion or boot forum? Do you check all the forums regularly?

2. When you get online initially, where are the top 3-5 places (web sites) you go first?

When I get to the forums, I usually start out in Non Music to peep things out here, pretty much knowing that there is nothing really pressing as far as van halen announcements going. Then I go from the bottom to the top of the page viewing new replies since my last visit, in all the forums and I leave Main Discussion for last.

When I get online, I typically come here first, do my routine of reading then go to my other places before I actually post to the things I've read. Then I check my email accounts, followed by headlines on iwon.com, then come back here to post if anything tickled my fancy the first time 'round (or if there is a possibility to tickle somebody elses [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

So what about ya'll?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

when i get here, i always go to non music first, for the same reason as you (nothing the hell to talk about).
    i'll then go to main, and scroll down after that, if i have time.
    then, i'll go back to non music, to see if anyone posted anything, then i get on with my life... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

when i initially get online, i always check my email. that's the first (and sometimes only thing i do, if i don't have a lot of time), then i go to here, or www.classicvanhalen.com because there is a board there, at which i managed to scam a mod position. y'all should check it out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    after i've got here and CVH covered, i'll hit the army, slawterhouse, and the official site if i dare, but i never have enough time.

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Same here. I go to non-music meeting place. Mainly because nothing is happening in VH anyway, so it's not exactly a priority right now. And I say that regretfully believe me! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] First, I check out the main forums page to see who posted on which topic last. If there is a sports topic up in non music, I'll usually go to the main discussion first.
    I usually try to hit opinions/music/rumors
    through out the day. I usually log off....so I can lurk [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Put it this way... in my favourites I have "VH Forums (non music)" and "VH Forums (index page)"

I always go to non music first. That is, unless I see some big VH news at the vhnd (my start-up page [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) first - then I go to main first.

You guys shouls know by now that I live in non-music! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

I start out by opening 3 windows - 2 to espn - one for ball scores, one to check my fantasy baseball team (wish I knew who the other players were - I just figured out recently one of the guys near the top was "Jimmy Walker" - the third one goes to NASCAR. The first place that I'm caught up on goes to check my banking, then after that as I get caught up two go to links and 1 goes to army and usually end up with all three on links. Start at Main and Non-Music and work my way toward each other! Then typically hang around all day - especially if there is a thread of particular interest that I want to read the follow ups on.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'll check mail at two accounts first, then head on over to Non-Music. I might browse the rest of the forums for a few min., then I jump on over to Strung Out and check out the landscape. I'll then go administer my boards and moderate the support forums at phpBBHacks.com.

That's about it, really. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I check e-mail, then I check the login board to see if anything new is being talked about...then just browse...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Here's the routine I usually have everyday:

Fantasy Baseball
    Van Halen News Desk
    The Official VH Site
    ESPN.com
    VHForums.com (I browse from Main through Non-Music)
    Other forums (Classic VH, DLR Army, Waboritaville)

[ May 29, 2001 at 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Dan Halen ]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here i go to music first then non-music, then on to main. that's all i check out. i don't have a routine but some sites i check out are NBA DRAFT sites and various music sites and every once in awhile i send something to SEENBAD about the BLAZERS.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I go to VHND first, to catch the latest & greatest, then browse 4-5 VH sites in the morning, do a little work, come back, and check MarksFriggin.com for Stern show highlights when I can't listen to the show from my office, and browse SternFanNetwork in the afternoon.

I'll also check out Cigar Aficionado & other cigar sites as well on a weekly basis.

[ May 30, 2001 at 07:57 AM: Message edited by: NE169 ]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I usually get on the Forums at work in the morning. First place I go is the Moderators Forum is there are new posts, otherwise Opinions first, then up to Main and on down the list.

At night I usually will visit www.bobandgeorge.com , www.nuklearpower.com (for 8-bit theater) on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, www.rpgplanet.com/dnd3e and www.ign.com (for the Dreamcast, GameCube, and Sci-Fi sections).
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

My homepage is set for the forums display page, and I usually start in the guitar room, then non, then music, then main.

Then I usually read tech news at www.znet.com then I'll go to some or none of these http://www.alesis.com/ http://www.annexpro.com/audio.htm http://www.sfu.ca/index2.htm http://www.tascam.com/products.cfm http://www.yamaha.com/ http://www.rolandus.com/ http://pc.hotgames.com/ http://www.pcgameworld.com/
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

First of all, I have a LAN so I'm always online, and I ALWAYS have my email program running. I'm an email fiend.

Top 5 sites:
    www.playbill.com and www.backstagejobs.com: because I'm always looking for gigs

http://hereandnow.northwestern.edu: Links to stuff happening where I go to school

www.topica.com: to read my VHML and 5150 lists on the web

www.vhforums.com: The only ones I post in with any regularity are Main and Non-Music, but I check the other forums occasionally.

[ May 31, 2001 at 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Lead Synth ]
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere