OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Arum survives plane crash!

By Flattop
    Fortunately it was "No Blood" when Top Rank promoter Bob Arum's plane crashed enroute to the media workout day for "Bad Blood" at the Big Bear camp of Oscar de la Hoya. "I am fine. We walked away from the wreckage," said a visibly shaken Bob Arum. Arum's six-seater was making a routine approach to the private Big Bear airport at approximately 11:45 a.m. The wheels were down and the plane was poised for a perfect landing when the pilot suddenly lost control of the plane as it skidded off the runway into the woods. The quick-thinking and cognizant Arum yelled to the pilot and co-pilot, "Open the Door! Open the door!" The co-pilot forced the door open with his elbow and body weight. As everyone aboard exited the plane under their own power, the back end of the plane became engulfed with flames. Among the passengers were Las Vegas Review-Journal veteran boxing writer Royce Feour and his assistant Kevin Iole, plus two executives of Mandalay Bay, the host for September 14 showdown between 154-pound champions Oscar de la Hoya and Fernando Vargas. At the Big Bear camp for de la Hoya, with his feet firmly planted on ground, Arum said to FightNews via his cellular, "Everyone survived. That's what counts. Royce is in the hospital for observation. I am certain he will be okay." Feour was taken to the hospital as a precaution after complaining of chest pains. Top Rank hopes to have Feour out of the hospital today and back home in Vegas. Coincidentally Las Vegas Sun reporter Dean Juipe decided to skip the event instead taking the sixth seat on the Top Rank plane. Top Rank publicist Lee Samuels also turned down an invitation. Samuels reflected, "This shows you how precious life is! I even love you now Flattop!"
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Arum on plane crash!

"I literally went through a wall of flame to get off the plane," said famed promoter Bob Arum after saying "many prayers" Wednesday morning at his temple in Las Vegas. "All five of us are very fortunate to be alive," said the Top Rank chief. After crash landing, Arum said there was smoke in the cabin and fire appeared to be coming from the wing area of the twin-engine Cessna Citation 550 which skidded off the runway Tuesday morning at the Big Bear Lake airport. Among the many callers to the Top Rank office Tuesday was rival promoter Don King who said, "Please tell Bob I'm glad he's all right." 8/14/2002

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

I think it's wild that he survived the crash by jumping out of the plane! Bob Arum is a chubby old man. LOL! It would have affected boxing for sure if he died, he and Don King are the top promoters in the sport.

-- John Entwistle