Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Rocky," "Alien," "Die Hard," "Scream" ... the list of hit movies that have spawned sequels is practically endless. But for every "The Godfather, Part II" there is, alas, a "Batman and Robin."

Columbia announced a "Spider-Man" sequel more quickly than you could say "Rambo," and with follow-ups to "The Matrix," "The Fast and the Furious" and "Pitch Black" in the works — as well as new additions to the "American Pie" and "Terminator" franchises — don't expect movie sequels to stop coming anytime soon. Here's a roundup of what Hollywood's got cooking.

"American Pie 3"

Adam Herz, the man responsible for the first two "American Pie" scripts, has been hired to write a third, and it's unclear at this early stage which — if any — of the principal actors will return for the increasingly "Porky's"-esque series.

Last fall, Seann William Scott ("Stifler") told CNN, "I think personally I'm going to leave it at the second one. I hope ['American Pie 2'] does well enough for them to want to do a third one, but I think I'm running out of bodily fluids to use."

"Austin Powers in Goldmember"

It's official: After a momentary wagging of the proverbial finger, the James Bond folks have decided to let Mike Myers use "Goldmember" in the title of his third Austin Powers flick .The movie co-stars Destiny's Child's Beyonc Knowles and is set for a summer release. Incidentally, Pierce Brosnan will return as James Bond in "Die Another Day," which he is currently shooting alongside co-star Halle Berry.

"Batman: Year One"

Production on the "Batman" films ground to a halt after the dismal box-office performance of 1997's "Batman and Robin," which starred George Clooney ("ER," "Ocean's Eleven") as the caped crusader. The blockbuster bling of 2000's "X-Men" movie got Warner Bros. moving on the DC hero again, with development now happening on a number of "Batman"-related projects, including a Catwoman flick (Ashley Judd is definitely attached to that movie, her publicist said) and a live-action version of the futuristic "Batman Beyond" cartoon.

The most promising of these looks to be an adaptation of Frank Miller's edgy "Batman: Year One" mini-series. As its title suggests, the "Year One" comics depict Bruce Wayne during his first year as a young, unpolished crime fighter. Miller, well known in comic book circles for his dark Batman, Daredevil and "Sin City" stories, is co-writing a "Year One" script with "Requiem for a Dream" writer/director Darren Aronofsky. A spokesperson for Aronofsky said that he will direct "Batman: Year One" just as soon as he's finished with a sci-fi epic currently in production.

"The Fast and the Furious 2"

Vin Diesel, star of this summer's secret agent thriller "XXX", will not appear in "The Fast and the Furious 2." Contradicting widespread reports, a source close to Diesel said that the buff one's absence from the sequel has nothing to do with money — he had already committed to a "Pitch Black" sequel, "Chronicles of Riddick," before he was approached about "Furious 2," and scheduling conflicts prevent him from appearing in both. "Furious 2" will get made anyway, with Paul Walker's character as its focus.

"Final Destination 2"

New Line has already wrapped "Final Destination 2," which sees a whole new cast of kids escaping an accident (this time, a freeway wreck) before kicking the bucket one by one. Ali Larter, last seen in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and "Legally Blonde," is the only cast member returning from the first film. Her character makes a brief appearance, having committed herself to a mental institution sometime after the conclusion of the events in "Final Destination."

"Freddy Vs. Jason"

Pitting the horror genre's two most popular slashers against each other, "Freddy Vs. Jason" first became a possibility when "A Nightmare on Elm Street" distributor New Line Cinema inherited the reins of the "Friday the 13th" series from Paramount, beginning with 1993's "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday." In that "final" flick, Jason is seen descending into Lucifer-land just before Freddy's glove grabs his signature hockey mask. It was all a setup for this movie. Like "Aliens Vs. Predator" — a similar dueling franchise premise that has spawned several comic books, but no movies to date — "Freddy Vs. Jason" is a concept that has had fans salivating for a decade. Thanks no doubt to the relative success of last month's "Jason X," a New Line spokesperson confirmed that "Freddy Vs. Jason" will finally get moving at the end of this year.

"The Friday After Next"

"The Friday After Next," again minus the original film's Chris Tucker, sees Craig (Ice Cube, who again co-writes) and partner-in-smoke Day-Day (Mike Epps, last paired with Cube in "All About the Benjamins") returning to the 'hood.This Friday falls on Christmas Eve, when a ghetto Santa Claus robs our heroes of their holiday presents and rent money. The two bumbling ne'er-do-wells are forced to take on jobs as mall security guards, and their wacky hijinks resume. "Next Friday," released in 2000, wasn't nearly as well received as the 1995 original, though it did generate enough cash to get a third film made.

"Indiana Jones 4"

For years, fans of Harrison Ford's popular Indiana Jones character have been clamoring for new adventures. The success of the derivative "Mummy" series has no doubt only intensified the world's desire to get back to the real deal. Rumors have circulated wildly for some time about a fourth Indiana Jones movie, though solid news has yet to materialize.

"The Matrix: Reloaded" and "The Matrix: Revolutions"

Ever since the Wachowski Brothers announced they intended 1999's off-kilter sci-fi action tale "The Matrix" to be the first of a trilogy, anticipation has mounted for its sequels. The death of Aaliyah happened roughly around the same time as the passing of Gloria Foster, who was set to reprise her role as "the Oracle." Nona Gaye ("Ali"), daughter of Motown legend Marvin Gaye, will replace Aaliyah ,with Jada Pinkett Smith also starring and Keanu Reeves, Hugo Weaving, Carrie-Anne Moss and Laurence Fishburne all returning. Plot details are still unclear, with rumors circulating wildly about a visit to the "last human city" of Zion, a double cross from a trusted hero, and a multiplying Agent Smith. Filmed in Chicago, Australia and San Francisco, "The Matrix: Reloaded" is scheduled for a Memorial Day 2003 release. "The Matrix: Revolutions," which is set to be the last chapter, will follow.

[ May 08, 2002 at 07:42 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Meet the Fockers"

After "Meet the Parents," what could be next? The wedding, of course, where audiences will get a chance to "Meet the Fockers." According to Variety, Ben Stiller has agreed to return as Gaylord Focker, with Robert De Niro reprising his role as well. The only problem is getting the two highly sought-after actors (and the first film's director, Jay Roach) to agree to make this their next project.

"Mission: Impossible 3"

Work is moving ahead on "MI:3," with Tom Cruise again set to star and co-produce.Fans are likely to see more secret agent action and rubber masks.

"Ocean's Twelve"

The ensemble heist flick "Ocean's Eleven" was itself a remake of the classic Rat Pack film of the same name, making news of Warner Bros.' plans for a sequel a bit strange. While the studio hired Ted Griffin, the 2001 film's scribe, to get cracking on "Ocean's Twelve," it's far too early too determine whether or not George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, et al, will return.

"Once Upon a Time in Mexico"

"Desperado," writer/director Robert Rodriguez's remake of his own "El Mariachi," featured breakout performances from then-relative unknowns Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek. Rodriguez is now helming "Once Upon a Time in Mexico," a.k.a. "Desperado 2," for Columbia, with Banderas, Hayek and Cheech Marin reprising their roles from the 1995 original. "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" also features Mickey Rourke and pop star Enrique Iglesias ,as well as Johnny Depp as a corrupt government agent.

"Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?"

Nothing more than a title has been announced about this follow-up to 2000's dumb-guy comedy "Dude, Where's My Car?," which starred Seann William Scott and Ashton Kutcher. A source at New Line said the film is in its earliest stages of development.

"Seven 2"

In perhaps the shakiest premise of all sequel news, it's rumored that New Line plans to lure Morgan Freeman aboard another "Seven," based on a reworking of a separate project called "Solace" involving a psychic cop chasing a similarly psychic serial killer. Freeman told MTV News that he's heard about "Seven 2" and that he has yet to be approached.

Whether or not he agrees to star, Morgan Freeman is expected to return as Alex Cross in "Roses Are Red," a third movie based on James Patterson's series of novels about a driven detective. The first was 1997's "Kiss the Girls"; last year's "Along Came a Spider" was the second.

"Spider-Man 2"

Hot on the heels of a record breaking $114 million dollar opening weekend ,Columbia Pictures has announced a release date for "Spider-Man 2": May 7, 2004.

Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and director Sam Raimi are all back on board. As for the plot, nothing official has been announced, though the first film does offer many clues with which one can make some educated guesses.

In the comic books, Norman Osborn's son Harry (played in the film by James Franco) becomes a second Green Goblin, which is hinted at in one of the movie's closing moments. In an earlier scene, Peter Parker mentions a "Dr. Connors," which fans recognize as Dr. Curtis Connors, a.k.a. Spidey nemesis the Lizard. "Eddie" is also name checked in a scene at the Daily Bugle. In Marvel lore, Bugle photographer Eddie Brock becomes brain-eating Spidey villain Venom. A young woman who looks suspiciously like diamond thief/ Spider-Man love interest the Black Cat is also visible in the flick, all webbed up after stealing, well, some diamonds. Early drafts of the first film's script were rumored to include Dr. Octopus, who may likely show up in "Spider-Man 2" as well.

The folks at Columbia are staying tight-lipped about "Spider-Man 2," offering only that they are "excited" (duh!) to be involved with a second Spidey feature.

"T3: Rise of the Machines"

"I'll be back," he said, and he is. "The Terminator," Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger, is making good on his promise, even if director James Cameron, co-star Linda Hamilton and "T2" hero Edward Furlong are not.

"U-571" director Jonathan Mostow has stepped in for Cameron, with "In the Bedroom" heartthrob Nick Stahl replacing Eddie as John Connor. Claire Danes just signed on as Connor's love interest, replacing actress Sophia Bush.

"T3" sees John Connor, now an adult, struggling to prevent the man-against-machine conflict foretold in the first two movies. This time the techno baddies send a female "T-X," played by Norwegian newcomer Kristanna Loken, to "terminate" him. As in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," the resistance re-programs a T-800 model, i.e. Ah-nuld, to protect Connor.

Also in the works ...

"Analyze That," a follow-up to "Analyze This," the "Sopranos"-like Billy Crystal/ Robert De Niro farce about a mobster and his psychiatrist; "Cats and Dogs 2"; "Miss Congeniality 2," a sequel to the 2000 Sandra Bullock comedy; "Stuart Little 2"; this summer's "Men in Black 2"; and the (mostly finished) second and third installments of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Follow-ups to Marvel movie properties "X-Men" (tentatively titled "X2," with Bryan Singer again directing and the principal cast returning) and "Blade" are also moving ahead.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

FH,

Just wanted to interject how appreciative we all are for your updates! You and guys like DLRC do a great job of keeping us up to date on all the Hollywood goings-on! In fact, I use a lot of your tidbits for whenever I'm on the radio!

Keep it up, bro! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And keep your ears out for more Spiderman 2 stuff!! VENOM???? Doc Ock??? The Lizard???

YES!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    FH,

Just wanted to interject how appreciative we all are for your updates! You and guys like DLRC do a great job of keeping us up to date on all the Hollywood goings-on! In fact, I use a lot of your tidbits for whenever I'm on the radio!

Keep it up, bro! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And keep your ears out for more Spiderman 2 stuff!! VENOM???? Doc Ock??? The Lizard???

YES!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    No problem! I doubt very seriously Venom will be in the next. They're leaning towards Doc Ock and possibly The Lizard.

[ May 08, 2002 at 07:55 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

geez they are sure running out of movie ideas aren't they?
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I heard about the Indiana Jones 4 thing last year I think it was. I'm pretty excited about that too. The Indiana Jones trilogy is one of my favorites!
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

02.26.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pabs:
    I heard about the Indiana Jones 4 thing last year I think it was. I'm pretty excited about that too. The Indiana Jones trilogy is one of my favorites!
    Me too

So what's up with Alien vs Predator?
    I heard it was going to be a movie a while ago but have heard nothing since
    <b>Obey the DFK!!</b><br /><br />"Teacher needs to see me after school"

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

X

Release Date: May 2nd, 2003 (pushed back several months from December, 2002)

Cast: Patrick Stewart (Prof. Charles Xavier), Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Famke Janssen (Jean Grey), Halle Berry (Storm), James Marsden (Cyclops), Ian McKellen (Magneto), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Shawn Ashmore (Bobby "Iceman" Drake), Alex Burton (Pyro/John) (Pyro might be recast?)
    Premise: (5/28/00) Officially, there is no word yet about what this sequel might be about. Some of the villains that have been mentioined include the Sentinels (giant mutant hunting robots), Proteus (mutant who can alter reality), Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey evolved into this character; long story), and Arcade (creates deathtraps). Of those, the most likely is the Sentinels, as Bryan Singer told Wizard magazine, "The villain would be man. Mankind." However, as is often the case with superhero movies, there may be a second (or third or fourth) villain thrown in to keep the team busy...

Charlie's Angels 2: Halo

Release Date: June 27th, 2003

Cast: Drew Barrymore (Dylan), Cameron Diaz (Natalie), Lucy Liu (Alex), John Forsythe (voice of Charlie), Jamie Foxx (Bosley's son), Crispin Glover (The Thin Man); other cast not announced yet. Among those who *won't* be returning for this sequel are Tom Green as "The Chad" (for obvious reasons) and Bill Murray as Bosley (there probably just won't be a Bosley this time around).
    Premise: No details have been announced yet (6/27/01) about what the Angels investigate this second time around. Expect more out-of-this-world action scenes and tongue-in-cheek takes on the genre in general... and bikini's, midriffs, and tight pants. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Clerks: Sell Out

Release Date: TBA 2002/2003 (Kevin Smith previously said the summer of 2002 was the target, but with word now that he expects his Fatherhood project to reach theaters before this, and that film doesn't even start filming until spring, 2002, it's looking more and more like 2003)
    Cast (Voice): Brian O'Halloran (Dante Hicks), Jeff Anderson (Randal Graves), Jason Mewes (Jay), Kevin Smith (Silent Bob); other cast not announced yet (obviously, Smith's "voice work" may be minimal)
    Premise: Dante and Randal decide to make an ultra-cheap black-and-white movie about their wacky experiences at the Quick-Stop. Yes, this animated movie is what you think it is. (Except this time, "Silent Bob" won't be directing... and yet, in another way, he will. Whoa...)

I also saw,Anaconda 2,Dirty Dancing 2,Bad Boys 2,Exorcist 4,Jeepers Creepers 2,Under Siege 3,Shreck 2,Superman The Next Movie,and......................................... ................................................Th e A-Team
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2002 at 07:43 PM: Message edited by: T.RYAN ]</p>
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A lot of this shit is gonna be sweet!! Too much to mention, but some of this is gonna seriously kick ass. And if they cant get most of the original cast of AP3, close the casket on it.
    I am awesome

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The cool thing about Indiana Jones 4 is that they're trying to get all of the (living) supporting characters (including his love-interests) to return in either cameo-form or starring roles. Too bad Marcus (Denholm Elliott) Brody's dead.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:14 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Now if they get those "Aliens vs. Predator" and "Jason vs. Freddy" movies going (both silly ideas if you ask me) can the winners square off and then the winner of that take on the "Terminator" (well, if it's Predator, he already did!)

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

02.26.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by:T.RYAN

Release Date: TBA 2002/2003 (Kevin Smith previously said the summer of 2002 was the target, but with word now that he expects his Fatherhood project to reach theaters before this, and that film doesn't even start filming until spring, 2002, it's looking more and more like 2003)
    Cast (Voice): Brian O'Halloran (Dante Hicks), Jeff Anderson (Randal Graves), Jason Mewes (Jay), Kevin Smith (Silent Bob); other cast not announced yet (obviously, Smith's "voice work" may be minimal)
    Premise: Dante and Randal decide to make an ultra-cheap black-and-white movie about their wacky experiences at the Quick-Stop. Yes, this animated movie is what you think it is. (Except this time, "Silent Bob" won't be directing... and yet, in another way, he will. Whoa...)
    I heard Kevin Smith died while rock climbing [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Has anyone else heard this?

[ May 09, 2002 at 05:01 PM: Message edited by: atomicpunk2001 ]</p>
    <b>Obey the DFK!!</b><br /><br />"Teacher needs to see me after school"

Favorite VH Album

II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

11.23.15 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It sain nothing on the View Askew web page.In fact hes has a speaking engagement May 31st in Beverly Hills.
    No president puts joy in my life, but Van Halen puts joy in my ears.

Never pet a burning dog.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Batman:Year One was a great comic...I just hope they don't have Joel Schumacher back directing...Lest Hollywood forget, Batman is first and foremost a detective...Batman has become a gadget freak in JS's hands, IMHO...

A young Batman would be cool...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by atomicpunk2001:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by:T.RYAN

I heard Kevin Smith died while rock climbing [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Has anyone else heard this?
    </font>[/QUOTE]The only thing Kevin Smith could climb right now is a heaping bowl of ice-cream! Haven't you seen him lately? He's ballooned to about 275 pounds!