Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What the hell is going on?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Five Killed in Washington Suburb Shootings

Oct 3, 1:13 pm ET

By Laura MacInnis
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Five people were killed in an apparently random series of shootings over several hours in a Washington suburb, police said on Thursday.

Police spokeswoman Nancy Nickerson said one woman and four men were killed in six separate shooting incidents that began at 5:20 p.m. EDT on Wednesday. The latest one was at 10 a.m. EDT on Thursday in Montgomery County, Maryland, which is north of Washington.

Victims were killed in a 10-mile radius and police said they appeared to be randomly selected in busy public places.

The first victim, who died on Wednesday, was a 55-year-old man shot in a supermarket parking lot. On Thursday a man mowing grass near a shopping mall was killed. A taxi driver was killed while pumping gasoline, a woman was shot sitting on a park bench outside a post office, and another victim was shot at second gasoline station.

The shootings began before the first murder, with a gun being fired through a store-front window, police said. No one was killed.

Montgomery Police Chief Charles Moose said there was no obvious motive for the killings, though they were believed to be linked.

"We strongly feel that all of these are connected. Certainly the weaponry seems very similar. There is not a lot of indication at this time that any of these individuals know each other," Moose told reporters.

Police were looking for a white delivery truck with black or purple lettering seen leaving the scene of one of the shootings. At least two white trucks were pulled over, with witnesses seeing two men in handcuffs on the side of the highway headed toward the Baltimore-Washington airport.

Children at schools in the county were told they could not leave and outside activities were halted, officials said. Afternoon kindergarten classes were also been canceled.

Montgomery County is one of the richest counties in the United States, though several of the shootings occurred in less affluent sections.
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Originally posted by CATMAN3:
    Lots of whackos + freely available firearms = Dead people

Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's happened again. This time a little child.

Md. Shooting Linked to Sniper Spree
    Mon Oct 7, 5:15 PM ET
    By STEPHEN MANNING, Associated Press Writer

BOWIE, Md. (AP) - The Washington-area sniper apparently struck again Monday, shooting and critically wounding a 13-year-old boy as his aunt dropped him off at school, authorities said.

Ballistics tests had linked the shooting to the slayings of six people in Maryland and Washington last week, federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms officials said.

The child, shot before the start of classes at Benjamin Tasker Middle School, was in critical but stable condition at Children's Hospital in Washington.

The news spread more fear across the area. Schools kept youngsters indoors at recess and lunchtime and parents raced to pick up their children early under the watchful eyes of police.

Another shooting Monday in the District of Columbia was under investigation, though police said they believe the motive was robbery.

"Whether they're connected or not, the fear has ratcheted up quite a bit," Montgomery County Executive Doug Duncan said.

The boy was shot once in the chest shortly after 8 a.m. outside the school. He was in critical but stable condition and breathing on a ventilator after surgery, said Dr. Martin Eichelberger, director of emergency trauma service at Children's Hospital.

Eichelberger said he was optimistic about the child's chances for survival. Doctors made a special effort to find a portion of the bullet to give to police.

Five people were shot to death in a 16-hour span in neighboring Montgomery County last Wednesday and Thursday, and a sixth victim was killed Thursday in Washington. On Friday, a woman was shot and wounded in Virginia.

"All of our victims have been innocent and defenseless, but now we're stepping over the line," Montgomery County Police Chief Charles Moose said, tears streaming down his face. "Shooting a kid it's getting to be really, really personal now."

A $50,000 reward has been posted for help in solving the shootings.

The victims in last week's shootings also were felled by a single shot. The boy also was shot once.

The shooting happened before classes were scheduled to begin, and there were few witnesses, Prince George's County Police Chief Gerald Wilson said. A gunshot was heard, and the boy slumped over and told his aunt he thought he had been shot, Wilson said.

Police cars surrounded the school and officers put up crime scene tape and searched the campus.

Montgomery schools had planned a normal schedule with extra security, but after the Prince George's shooting, officials initiated a "code blue" alert, keeping students inside during recess and lunchtime, Moose said. Prince George's schools and some other schools in the region took similar steps.

In Lanham, Dana Buckner picked up her two children at Seabrook Elementary School as the school day came to a close. They normally ride the bus.

"I felt better having them with me," Buckner said. When asked how she felt, she responded: "I'm worried. I'm going to have to send my kids to school tomorrow."

At Benjamin Tasker Middle School, 13-year-old Othar Haskins stood outside with his mother. He said he was a friend of the wounded boy.

"He's funny, he's always around friends," Othar said, crying and leaning his head on his mother's shoulder. "He helps you out when you need it. He's a good friend."

At Seabrook Elementary School in nearby Lanham, parent Sonja Moore came to pick up her 6-year-old son, Aaqil, who normally takes the bus.

"You send your kids off to school, you think they're going to be safe," she said.

Police and federal agents pored over maps and put together a psychological profile to hunt down the sniper, stepping up patrols and sorting through thousands of tips.

Police also began to use a geographic profile submitted by investigators that uses crime locations to determine where the killer feels comfortable traveling and may live.

The victims were all gunned down in public places: the boy outside school, two at gas stations, one outside a grocery, another outside a post office, another as he mowed the grass at an auto dealership, the sixth, a 72-year-old man, killed on a Washington street corner. Each victim was shot once from a distance. There were no known witnesses.

Tests confirmed that the same weapon was used to kill four of the victims.

Ballistics evidence also linked the Maryland slayings with the wounding of a 43-year-old woman Friday. She was shot in the back in a parking lot at a Michaels craft store in Fredericksburg, Va., and was in fair condition Monday at Inova Fairfax Hospital.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fontcow:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CATMAN3:
    Lots of whackos + freely available firearms = Dead people </font>[/QUOTE]Oh Lord, here we go again!
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by BigBadBrian:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fontcow:
    quote:
    Originally posted by CATMAN3:
    Lots of whackos + freely available firearms = Dead people [/QUOTE]Oh Lord, here we go again! [/QUOTE]How about this:

"Lots of whacko's with firearms that they get illegally and quite easily compared to law abiding citizens that have to jump through a bunch of hoops to legally carry so they can kill the whacko's first before they GET killed....= dead people" ?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Discuss

Now, who thinks its terrorist related? I do. Look where its at, look at the effect it has had on people.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 968 Times in 388 Posts

scary thing is seen, it could be terrorist related and one of our own people..ala the reservist they arrested in oregon a few days ago in the terror rings.

whoever it is, it's scary. if i'm there right now, it's in the back of my mind, to pack up shop if i could and move on out, especially if i have little kids

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And today...a 13 year old kid...13 fucking years old...

Sick...just fucking sick...
    I will destroy you!!!<br /><br />Godzilla ain't shit...<br /><br />I am..."The Guardian of the Universe"

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    It's the price we all pay to live in a society full of easily available firearms.
    Long-term problems don't have short term solutions. Do we want to hear about more 13 year old kids getting shot in 10 years? 20 years? Effective gun control is a long-term solution.
    Probably, but where are people going to draw the line at gun control? That's my concern. Politicians on both sides of the political spectrum have a tendency to get a little extreme over certain causes they are passionate about.

Those on the right oppose any type of gun-control or registration of personal weapons. That's nuts. There are those on the left that would like to take all of our weapons away but think it's OK to murder unborn children. The thought process of that type of person disturbs me as well.

I just don't want this country to be a place where our Olympic shooters have to go somewhere else to train because of ridiculous, as opposed to sensible, gun-control laws. Passing laws to make gun ownership an involved process is fine with me, but not to the point where your Uncle Johnny can't own a hunting rifle. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible people. Let's not take personal responsibility out of the gun-control equation.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    mike,

i've been talking to you for quite some time now and i'm not even sure what you do..lol, even though i know you've told me

but i gotta tell you this, you should run for public office someday man

i mean it

peace

JMJ
    [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's the price we all pay to live in a society full of easily available firearms. How many times over the last decade have we seen kids getting shot on the news? Each and every time somebody like seenbad or BBB roll their eyes at people who want to see an end to such tragedy. They talk about gun control with near-term problems such as easy availability on the street. How long have we been hearing this rhetoric? 5 years? 10 years?

Long-term problems don't have short term solutions. Do we want to hear about more 13 year old kids getting shot in 10 years? 20 years? Effective gun control is a long-term solution. These slayings don't have to happen. Had we done the right thing years ago, perhaps the ones we're talking about now wouldn't have happened. It's something to think about.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 968 Times in 388 Posts

mike,

i've been talking to you for quite some time now and i'm not even sure what you do..lol, even though i know you've told me

but i gotta tell you this, you should run for public office someday man

i mean it

peace

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This entire situation just doesn't seem right to me. It shouldn't be that hard to get some leads on this guy, or give the public some sort of warning.

Im in the Marine Corps, im no expert marksmen, but it's really not that difficult hitting a target the size of a person from 400 yards, under ideal conditions, especially from a high location. It shouldnt be that difficult pinpointing ideal shooting locations in each murder, and then talking to anyone that may have seen someone carrying something the size of a long rifle (it's probably an M-16 or something similiar, but maybe he just breaks it down afterwards and put's it in a relatively small bag or something.). He's not using any kind of a silencer from what I have heard, several witnesses have said hearing gunshots at the scene, that's obviously not going to happen if some kind of a sound supresser was used.

It just doesn't make sense to me, it would be easy to kill 6 people in a single flurry of rounds all at once. But to do it like this is something all together different. And the real scary thing is that whoever is doing this is a real killer, it has to take a very long time for him to get into position in order to make a shot, and then allot of time to select a "target", and then more time still to calm himself enough to make the well aimed shots that he's making, it's not like he's shooting targets, though it seem's that's how he may view it. In order to to be as accurate as he has been, he has to be completely calm and in control of his breathing, with nice relaxed muscle control, basic marksmen stuff.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that this guy is prior service, and im not talking about an admin. job in the Marine Corp like myself, more like Special Ops or Marine Recon. Possibly CIA or something, something that has given him the chance to do this before, I doubt this is the first time he has killed someone the way he's currently doing it. Even money that it's more the one "guy".

It's a very crazy time were all living in isn't it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Mike L for public office?!?! What the FUCK?
    [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] noooooooooo!!!!

Willy, yes it is, and you make some very good points in your post.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Now, there is a calling card to taunt the police... Something like a Tarrot card stating: "Policeman, I am God..." I don't think it's terrorist. Maybe internal fruitcake that needs a legal enema the size of Texas! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like this nutbag got someone else..

Another shooting

[img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

[ October 10, 2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: rrussou812 ]