Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I finally got my new site up and running. So basically, once I get the downloading section back up, and when my site's DNS fully progagates, then all that traffic will re-register on the new board.

This is the new message board I finally finished. Basically, it's got a touch of VHForums.com, a touch of Scott Roberts' VHTrading.com, and the theme of my site.

Lemme know what you all think of my latest creation.

http://www.dmbcommunity.com
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Looks good to me. Too bad I'm not a fan of the DMB.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    Your site would explode if you ever opened a DMBTrading.com. The main trading site (Minarets.net) closed back in Nov/Dec. The community has been looking for it's replacement ever since.

Their taping community is like 4 times the size of VH's, especially when DMB allows taping at their shows. No matter what the event, someone tapes. Even at unexpected band visits, someone manages to tape it. Weird.

[ April 25, 2002 at 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey! It looks nice... good job... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

for a Bears Fan [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by LA:
    Hey! It looks nice... good job... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

for a Bears Fan [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Pabs:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    Your site would explode if you ever opened a DMBTrading.com. The main trading site (Minarets.net) closed back in Nov/Dec. The community has been looking for it's replacement ever since.

Their taping community is like 4 times the size of VH's, especially when DMB allows taping at their shows. No matter what the event, someone tapes. Even at unexpected band visits, someone manages to tape it. Weird.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Unless I could find a definite way of making money from a "DMBTrading.com" (like advertising revenue). I wouldn't wanna open a site like this. Just imagine the kinda bandwidth I'd need.

Besides, I would wanna be involved in a site based around a band that I know and love. Don't make fun of me for admitting this, but I couldn't even name you ONE Dave Matthews Band song. I just not into today's music.
    Scott Roberts

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pabs:

</font>[/QUOTE]Unless I could find a definite way of making money from a "DMBTrading.com" (like advertising revenue). I wouldn't wanna open a site like this. Just imagine the kinda bandwidth I'd need.

Besides, I would wanna be involved in a site based around a band that I know and love. Don't make fun of me for admitting this, but I couldn't even name you ONE Dave Matthews Band song. I just not into today's music.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Completely understandable!

I mean, how can you run a site of something you're not into? Talk about no motivation. Those are the times you do it for money.

How do you run yours Scott? Are all of your trades organized via message board?

I think if I were to open up a trading site, I'd give all who wanted to list their pages on it an FTP account to their own directory, where they can put their trading list out there.

BTW, just opened my main site, redesigned.

http://www.dmblinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Unless I could find a definite way of making money from a "DMBTrading.com" (like advertising revenue). I wouldn't wanna open a site like this. Just imagine the kinda bandwidth I'd need.

Completely understandable!

I mean, how can you run a site of something you're not into? Talk about no motivation. Those are the times you do it for money.

</font>[/QUOTE]I rarely do much trading anymore. When I do, I usually contact my sources via e-mail. The board is mainly for other traders and for conversation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think if I were to open up a trading site, I'd give all who wanted to list their pages on it an FTP account to their own directory, where they can put their trading list out there.
    I WILL have an option for any trader to get a free trade site on VHTrading.com. Uploading/deleting will be done via a web interface, not FTP. It's fully functional, but I'm waiting on the redesign of the rest of my site before I officially debut it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Scott Roberts

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Unless I could find a definite way of making money from a "DMBTrading.com" (like advertising revenue). I wouldn't wanna open a site like this. Just imagine the kinda bandwidth I'd need.

Completely understandable!

</font>[/QUOTE]I rarely do much trading anymore. When I do, I usually contact my sources via e-mail. The board is mainly for other traders and for conversation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I WILL have an option for any trader to get a free trade site on VHTrading.com. Uploading/deleting will be done via a web interface, not FTP. It's fully functional, but I'm waiting on the redesign of the rest of my site before I officially debut it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]That's interesting dude. Give me an IM when you can, I'd like to talk about the web interface thing. I've been thinking about this trading thing. A single page does really take space (single html page). I'm curious as to how you're gonna do it.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That's interesting dude. Give me an IM when you can, I'd like to talk about the web interface thing. I've been thinking about this trading thing. A single page does really take space (single html page). I'm curious as to how you're gonna do it.
    That's Pabs-speak for "let me know how your site works so I can steal its design!"

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by MikeL:
    That's interesting dude. Give me an IM when you can, I'd like to talk about the web interface thing. I've been thinking about this trading thing. A single page does really take space (single html page). I'm curious as to how you're gonna do it.
    That's Pabs-speak for "let me know how your site works so I can steal its design!"</font>[/QUOTE]Fuck you Mike. Seriously, go get fucked. Not after I spend DAYS and WEEKS working on it.

[ May 01, 2002 at 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This thread isn't gonna get closed because you're trying to ruin it, or try to make yourself feel good by being a dickhead.

I'm proud of my work, and unfortunately, it's not about you.

So I'll wait for Scott to respond, or converse with whomever wants to talk about this topic with me.

[ May 01, 2002 at 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Pabs ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

This thread isn't gonna get closed because you're trying to ruin it, or try to make yourself feel good by being a dickhead.

I'm proud of my work, and unfortunately, it's not about you.

So I'll wait for Scott to respond, or converse with whomever wants to talk about this topic with me.
    Uh huh. Well, unfortunetaly, It is going to be closed [img]smile.gif[/img] Basically because you lost pretty much all ground you stand on when you gipped this site a few months ago. Not sure how you find the audacity to talk to anybody like that around here.

You were asking for it.

closed.

late edit...

Mike wanted to add this before I closed it. Thats cool.

by mike
    Fuck you Mike. Seriously, go get fucked. Not after I spend DAYS and WEEKS working on it.
    You prove my point for me. Not only in how you're an asshole, but in how someone who creates something unique doesn't just spend DAYS and WEEKS duplicating someone else's many months of toil.

You're a snake in the grass, Pabich. Your character is flawed. You're right, this thread isn't about me--it's about you, and how you have light fingers when it comes to respecting the work of others. If someone chooses to tell you how they've done something difficult, they should know your history with such things. You certainly wouldn't be upfront about that. You'd rather wait until they see their own site with DMB all over it.

Of course, you'll simply deny all of this just as you denied stealing this site itself. Karma's a bitch.
    [ May 01, 2002 at 11:03 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]

sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen