All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

George Lucas Clarifies Indy 4 Status
    Monday, May 27, 2002 10:41 CDT

MTV got talking to George Lucas who clarified some of the recent rumors about Indiana Jones 4.

"I'm working on a story right now," Lucas said, "I've got something that both Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford like.

"We're in the process of hiring a writer, and hopefully we'll be able to start shooting ... not next year, but probably the year after. It'll take a while to write the script and all that sort of thing."

So we're looking at a 2004 start for the fourth film in the series.

[ May 29, 2002, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WES BORLAND: I Made The Right Decision By Quitting LIMP BIZKIT - May 27, 2002

Former LIMP BIZKIT and current EAT THE DAY guitarist Wes Borland has no plans to return to his former band despite pleas from BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst for the departed guitarist to "come back to his family". In the most recent posting by Borland on the official EAT THE DAY web site, he states that, "As many of you know my e-mail was recently posted on another site, and the person who posted it asked everyone to tell me to come back to my former band. I have to say that I immediately wanted to shut the account down, but ended up leaving it up for a while to see what kind of response I got. Although I did not read the hundreds of e-mails themselves, I took time to browse over the subject titles. 75% or more of all the e-mails pleaded for me not to return. I was amazed. Thank you all for the support. You again have let me know that you agree with my decision. Cheers, Wes"

LIMP BIZKIT's FRED DURST: WES BORLAND Is Very Bitter - May 28, 2002

LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst doesn't know how to take "No" for an answer. In his latest posting on LIMP BIZKIT's official web site, Fred not only acknowledges the fact that former guitarist Wes Borland has responded negatively to Durst's pleas for him to return to the group, but also insists that "that's no reason to give up," going so far as to refer to Borland as "very bitter". Here is Durst's latest message on the subject:

"I'm glad that you people read my news recently about Mr. Borland. He's received your emails and has responded negatively, but that's no reason to give up. He replied by saying that 75% of all his emails were telling him to never be with LIMP BIZKIT. I'm glad some of you feel that way, but we don't, and we're not fair weather friends. We love Wes and have done so through our good and bad times. Life is too short for some, and unpredictable for everyone!! All that we have and all whom we know now, which would be you, is from what we have done with our family, LIMP BIZKIT. The fact that we are all different is what makes our chemistry so good. We learn from each other's mistakes. We don't need justification for reasons. We're very happy to be alive and would be happier sharing our lives with our family. Our core family. If we felt any differently than this, that's when you could, should be cautious, but you can know in your hearts that we are here for you no matter what. That won't change. We won't turn on you. We will get through the trials of life with one another as it should be. And that you can count on. Actions tell all. As for Mr. Borland, he is very bitter at the moment and feels glad that you support his decision and so he should. We support him too, but we know why we're all here and we want to extend open arms that will remain open forever. We want to grow and reinvent for ourselves and we will always WANT to do it with our real family. I'm sure some of you will understand. A lot of you will and a lot of you won't give a shit, but that's the world as we know it. Maybe today is different. Just maybe. Thanks for taking a minute. Friend 4 life, Fred Durst"

[ May 28, 2002, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former BUSH Guitarist Slams GAVIN ROSSDALE Over His Remarks Following Split - May 27, 2002

BUSH frontman Gavin Rossdale's message about founder and guitarist Nigel Pulsford's departure on the BUSH web site last week was "offensive and patronizing," according to Pulsford, who spoke out on his split from the group in an exclusive interview with Australia's Undercover.

Nigel has spoken to Undercover Media to tell his side of the story and set the record straight because "this is still a difficult issue for me but for my sanity it needs doing".

Following is the exact Q&A between Undercover's Paul Cashmere and Nigel Pulsford.

Paul Cashmere : Why the decision to leave after all these years and how difficult it was as a founding member to make it?

Nigel Pulsford: The decision was taken out of my hands when I was sacked 6 days after the birth of my son. I'd tried to quit in September when there were complications during my wife's pregnancy and I didn't see how I could continue but I'd been persuaded to carry on by getting a temporary replacement for the US tour. My motivation then had been to not screw things up for the band. I didn't want to quit but it was obvious what my priority was and I couldn't see how I could promote a record by not being around.

During the few months after Xmas there was little contact between myself and the band — no apparent interest in my wife's condition — I was absorbed at home and helped when I could with rehearsals but I'd already showed [ex-HELMET guitarist] Chris [Traynor] the parts on the previous tour.

And then out of the blue a poisonous email from Gavin telling me that he didn't want me to return. He said the whole band felt the same way which was strange as Dave had rung me the day before and spoken for over an hour and failed to mention anything. After the e-mail I was unable to contact any of them and basically left to stew while they were on tour. I know who led the charge and knowing the politics of the backing band I suppose I'm not surprised.

Paul Cashmere : Gavin's comment we actually quite complimentary for you. How is your relationship with him and the rest of the band?

Nigel Pulsford: He said very nice things but the underlying truth is that I didn't leave — I find the remarks offensive and patronizing. We haven't spoken since I rang him from the hospital when Oscar was born on March 7. Dave and Robin, well — after 9 years, I expected a little more from 'friends' but it's a shitty business and there has been an air of paranoia around the band since the failure of Golden State. The fear that Gavin would leave seemed to dominate the whispers. I figured that we'd done so well that if Gavin left it would be okay - time to move on etc. I guess the answer is that relationships end.

Paul Cashmere: What are your plans musically after this?

Nigel Puslford: I'm not sure just yet - I've been busy in my studio doing various projects although I'm still getting my head around what has happened. I'm hoping to get into film & TV music. Band wise I'll take a break for a few more months and then put something together as touring is still in my blood. I'd like to work on lots of different things — it can be stifling just playing with the same people all the time — so variety is required. I'm also spending a lot of time with my family, which is fantastic.

Paul Cashmere : Were you disappointed over the sales of Golden State and as a BUSH album how do you feel it stands up alongside the catalogue?

Nigel Pulsford: I think we were all disappointed about how badly Golden State has done - the low level of promotion worldwide was shocking. I think it stands up well as a BUSH album - certainly a big improvement on the last album but a large chunk of our audience has clearly moved on. Music tastes change. I think it will stand up as a great album in years to come. From my point of view, I think I played the best guitar of my career on there and I think the band ensemble playing is very strong. Sales-wise, I suppose it is difficult — we had new management and a new record company — I guess everyone was trying to figure out the best way of doing things but the bottom line has to be that people either like it or they don't. It is hard when you have achieved such huge success to deal with the other side of it. I know some people in the band are finding it tough but things turn around and the level of success right now is pretty decent. If we'd had the record company support that we had been promised then I think things could have been very different — half a million sales is as much a reflection on Atlantic as it is on the band.

This whole business has actually been devastating for me and I feel I should set the record straight. I've thought about leaving the band for a while but thinking and doing are two different things. It was put to me that I could have tried to rejoin - I even read Gavin saying something along those lines but he knows that I'm not going to 'beg' for anything so it is a fascicle comment. It isn't the way I work even if I wanted to. Too much pride.

I don't bear the boys any ill will. I hope they find success again. I guess for me I thought we'd achieved so much already that anything more was a bonus and so I was more relaxed about the future. I recognize that this isn't a helpful attitude to have around and so we've moved on.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DREAM THEATER, FATES WARNING Members Join Forces In Brand New Supergroup - May 25, 2002

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy, FATES WARNING guitarist Jim Matheos, CHROMA KEY/ex-DREAM THEATER keyboardist Kevin Moore, GORDIAN KNOT/ex-CYNIC bassist Sean Malone and PAIN OF SALVATION vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw have joined forces in a brand new, as-yet-unnamed supergroup which is scheduled to record its debut album in early June for a late October/early November release—possibly through Inside Out Records. In a May 18th update on his official web site, Malone commented on the project by saying that "there will be an announcement soon of a new project that will be recorded this summer. I'm not allowed to reveal the players just yet, but it's a project involving some people whose names won't be unfamiliar to you. I'm very excited about it for a few reasons - one, just glad I got picked for it, but also that I can go back to just being the bass player."

We'll have more information on this exciting collaboration as it becomes available.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SKID ROW No Closer To Having Secured Release Date, Label For New CD - May 25, 2002

Despite having spent much of the last year tracking material for their first studio album with new singer Johnny Solinger, SKID ROW appear no closer to having secured a release date or even a label through which to issue the forthcoming CD than they were at the start of the recording process. "We've recorded about 16 songs, and I think we're pretty secure in seven or eight of them," guitarist Dave "Snake" Sabo told Hard Radio. "We want to write a couple more things and remix some stuff and I think we'll be pretty cool to get going. What label it's going to come out on, I'm not quite sure. Technically we're still signed to Atlantic Records, but I don't know how much backing we would get from them to be quite honest. It's a new regime over there, new people. Everybody we knew is since gone. I don't know how into it they would be. You have people there who would go 'Yeah, maybe, blah blah blah' and you just get the run around and that's the thing we don't want. We don't want someone to go 'Maybe.' We want someone to go, 'I love this!' And whatever it takes to do that, it doesn't matter to us. We know there are people out there who want to hear what we're doing. It's evident by the shows. And we have the utmost confidence in what we're doing. We always have. And we were always best when were behind the ball."

Tentatively titled Thick Is The Skin, SKID ROW's forthcoming CD will include the following cuts, among others:

01. Born A Beggar
    02. Ghost
    03. Swallow Me
    04. Thick Is The Skin

SKID ROW are currently preparing to embark on the Rock Never Stops tour, also featuring TESLA, VINCE NEIL, and JACKYL, which is scheduled to kick off on June 7th in Oklahoma City.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KORN To Perform First-Ever Digitally-Simulcast Concert To Promote "Untouchables" - May 25, 2002

On June 10th, KORN will perform what is apparently the first-ever live digitally-simulcast concert exclusively in movie theaters to celebrate the release of its forthcoming album Untouchables. Fans of the band will reportedly be able to purchase $10-tickets to see a 30-minute documentary of the making of Untouchables at 10 PM EST at 40 movie theaters across the US, followed by an hour-long real-time live performance by the band from New York. "The chance to do something different has always been at the heart of our band," said KORN in a statement released yesterday (May 24th). "We just like to throw a great fucking party for our fans."

In other news, KORN is putting on a free show on May 29th at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles. To get tickets, you'll need to listen to local radio station KROQ.

Untouchables is scheduled for release on June 11th via Immortal/Epic Records.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Tucker Contender for Pink Panther Remake?
    Tuesday, May 28, 2002 12:52 CDT

Chris Tucker (Rush Hour) has emerged as the latest contender to star in MGM's long-in-the-works remake of The Pink Panther, says The Hollywood Reporter. Tucker reportedly attended a reading of the script Thursday with the film's director, Ivan Reitman, and other MGM brass.

The original "Pink Panther," released in 1963, starred Peter Sellers as the bumbling French Inspector Clouseau on the trail of a slippery jewel thief.

Sellers kept the franchise going in four subsequent features, while Roger Moore and Alan Arkin also took turns in Clouseau's trench coat.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chris Columbus Out of Harry Potter 3?
    Sunday, May 26, 2002 11:34 CDT

According to Variety, a lot of things are up in the air regarding the future of the successful franchise.

Book five in J.K. Rowling's mega-selling series is way behind schedule, much to the agitation of publishers and booksellers. And the studio is eyeing some wild cards to take over directing chores on the "Potter" pics' third installment.

One name that can safely be crossed from the list: Chris Columbus, who directed both "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" as well as next year's sequel, " Chamber of Secrets." He's told the studio he wants to bring his family home after living in Blighty for more than a year.

Alfonso Cuaron, who helmed the Spanish-lingo hit "Y tu mama tambien," is high among the list of candidates. The Mexican director, known for both lush visuals and adult sophistication in pics like "Great Expectations," also directed the kid-friendly "A Little Princess," based on Frances Hogdson Burnett novel. Cuaron recently received a copy of scribe Steve Kloves' new (and carefully controlled) script for round three in the series , "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and is in conversations with Warner Bros. production topper Lorenzo di Bonaventura about his ideas for the pic.

The article also adds that although Scholastic was expecting to release the fifth book this July, it is now targeting a June 2003 release.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

X-Men 2 Enlists Embry & Stanford
    Saturday, May 25, 2002 5:55 CDT

The Hollywood Reporter says that Ethan Embry is in negotiations to play the coveted role of Nightcrawler in 20th Century Fox's X-Men 2 for director Bryan Singer. Also, newcomer Aaron Stanford has been cast as Pyro, the newest superhero-in-the-making, adds the trade. Production on the film is scheduled to begin in the summer for a May 2 release, with Ralph Winter, Lauren Shuler Donner and Avi Arad producing from a script by David Hayter. Here's how they describe the characters...

Nightcrawler, the newest member of the X-Men team, is a mutant with blue skin and a tail that can carry his weight. He has the ability to transport himself to other dimensions. He is an Olympic-class athlete and acrobat skilled at hand-to-hand combat and fencing, which can also be done with his tail. The project reunites Embry with Donner, for whom he is in production on Paramount Pictures' "Timeline."

Pyro is a young mutant and student who gets caught up with returning characters Professor X (Patrick Stewart), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry), Magneto (Ian McKellen), Rogue (Anna Paquin), Cyclops (James Marsden), Dr. Grey (Famke Janssen) and Mystique (Rebecca Romijn-Stamos), among others.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Keaton Up for Beetlejuice Sequel?
    Friday, May 24, 2002 11:59 CDT

FOX News spoke with Michael Keaton who says he's interested in another Beetlejuice

"I've talked to Tim about it. You have to remember that a lot of what we did was made up as we went along. A script would never reflect what we would shoot. All that stuff that everyone likes is us riffing."

Keaton said that if Warner Bros. would give them the green light, he and Burton are ready to try and do it. So my message to Warner's is: what are you waiting for?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Movie News
    Neo talks sweet, sweet MATRIX sequels
    And producer Silver makes a staggering boast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Tuesday, May 28, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: SciFi Wire

MATRIX star Keanu Reeves and producer Joel Silver are talking again about the two upcoming sequels, MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTIOINS.

But this time out, they’re not laying out some more vague but enticing quotes, but some big, juicy promises. And if they’re as good as their word… oh, baby.

According to Reeves, “The brothers [writer-directors Andy and Larry Wachowski] have put up some great obstacles to test those powers, and the story kind of goes outside of the Matrix and starts to concern itself with the machines in Zion… So it’s almost [that] what he can do in the Matrix is not enough. And he’s still on the path of discovery and choice. He’s told by the Oracle that... he has some choices that he’ll have to make that will affect the survival of the human race. And there are some hardships. And all of us are trying to save the world. And the development between Neo and Trinity [Carrie-Anne Moss] is explored, and with Morpheus [Laurence Fishburne] and [Agent] Smith [Hugo Weaving]. And so I think that’s just about it. It’s the development of the hero journey for my character, which is new challenges and choices. And it’s not so much about being born. He wanted to find out where he was. Now he knows. Or he thinks he knows.”

While that’s enough to sink our minds into usually, at the same Sydney press conference, legendary action producer Joel Silver made this amazing boast, “[The Wachowskis] decided that, in these two movies, they would create visual effects that could never be copied. So we have done visual effects for the movie that, because of the time that we took to make them and the cost, will never be seen again. So I really think that the bar has been raised so high that, you know, there is no bar. This will end the way movies have been made up to now, because they can go no further. The computer is allowing us to do things that we never dreamed we could do before. ... The [MATRIX’s] bullet-time sequences... were the beginning, the embryonic stage of what computers could do. It’s just now at such a level that they can do anything they want. And the great thing about it is that... the guys have enough intellect and understand the process enough so they are able to create an arena that this stuff can exist in that could not exist anywhere else.”

Chew on that.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Star Wars: Episode III: George Lucas spoke with "E! News Daily" where he was asked the question of why C-3PO doesn't recognise as Vader? Lucas's answer was exactly what many fans were guessing but at least now its confirmed: "Well, one, his brains have, his memory system has been erased and so has R2's. So, they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode 3, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that". The bigger news of today though was MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'

[ May 28, 2002, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Korn Sick of New Metal

Band looks beyond genre it helped invent with "Untouchables"

Jonathan Davis is sick of new metal. "I'm afraid of the whole thing now," says the Korn singer, who helped invent the style. "It's getting so diluted that it isn't even interesting anymore. It's soulless."
    On Korn's new album, Untouchables, due out June 11th, Davis says the band is striving for a record as lasting as the darkly epic works of Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

"The subject matter is generally about being an outcast, and being fed up with being a victim," says Davis. "I've always been scared to tell people what I think of them. So it's me getting some balls."

The results can be heard on the album's first single, "Here to Stay," built on Korn's familiar blend of grinding guitars and tribal beats, accented with melodic passages. That song is already a radio hit, and other new tracks such as "Blame" and "One More Time," which reveal a touch of Eighties goth, show the band stretching into new terrain.

Since giving up drinking four years ago, Davis says he has had lots of time to work on his craft. With the new album, he was able to present finished songs to the band for the first time. "Everything in Korn is done equally, and nobody has any attitudes," he says. "And if feelings get hurt, we talk it out. It's nice to work in those conditions, where anything goes."

STEVE APPLEFORD
    (May 24, 2002)

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former MR. BIG Guitarist Completes Work On New Solo CD - May 27, 2002

Former MR. BIG guitarist Paul Gilbert has completed work on a new solo CD, entitled Burning Organ, which is due for release on June 26th in Japan. 13 songs were reportedly tracked for the album, including opener "I Like Rock", which features "one hundred guitars all playing at the same time through the entire song (including the solo!," according to Gilbert. Other cuts on the CD include "I Am Satan", "Suicide Lover", and "Burning Organ". The recording line-up for the CD consisted of Gilbert on guitar/vocals, Mike Szuter on bass, and Marco Minnemann on drums.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What Will The Hulk Look Like?
    Posted by
    Joe Hendren
    On Friday, May 24, 2002

Back: Daredevil Debut Moved To Feb.
    Next: More on Witchblade Shutdown

SHOP C2F:

Hulk Lunchbox

More cool stuff...

A scooper for Corona Coming Attractions claims he has new information regarding the scene depicted in recently released photographs from The Hulk movie set.

The informant, who is said to have been portraying one of the police officers in the aforementioned scene, says that the blue pants that Eric Bana is seen wearing in the photographs are actually purple and that the discrepancy must have come from poor color quality in the photograph. He also says that the pants are of a "stretch material of some kind" which when Banner turns into The Hulk, look like speedos (according to a print-out of a computer rendering which he saw on the set).

Also addressed is the scooper’s interpretation of the not-so-jolly green giant’s size in the film. Based on his information, The Hulk will be around fifteen feet tall near the end of the film and that his arms are "a bit disproportionately large for the body."

The Hulk, from director Ang Lee and Universal Pictures, is set to be released Summer 2003