Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AC/DC To Issue New Album In March, Launch North American Tour - Nov. 9, 2002

AC/DC are planning on issuing a new studio album in March 2003, with a North American tour scheduled to kick off in late spring/early summer.

The as-yet-untitled effort is reportedly being recorded at Bryan Adams' studio in Vancouver, British Columbia, The Warehouse Studio, and will be preceded by the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York City, where the band are expected to take the stage and perform following the ceremony.

In other news, Amazon have listed a DVD titled "Rock Masters: AC/DC" (USA Region coded DVD), which is to be released by Image Entertainment on Feb. 18, 2003.
    Blabbermouth

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ex-DOKKEN Bassist Speaks Out On Decision To Sue Former Bandmates - Nov. 9, 2002

Former DOKKEN bassist Jeff Pilson has issued a statement regarding his decision to file a lawsuit against two of his ex-bandmates, singer/guitarist Don Dokken and drummer Mick Brown, to dissolve their musical and financial partnership.

"Unfortunately, I felt it was necessary to file the lawsuit," Pilson said in the statement. "Although I can't say too much at this point due to the legal proceedings, I will say this much. I made every possible effort to record and be part of the latest album. Unfortunately, Don took it upon himself to find a new bass player to record on the album because I was unable to drop everything to accommodate his schedule, and I was never even consulted about the summer tour, which in hindsight, appears to be a blessing in disguise. Irrespective, I was still an equal member of the DOKKEN partnership. Given the present state of things, namely, the strange and erratic behavior of the current partners as of late, I feel the name and reputation of the partnership are deeply in jeopardy. Since we were unable to resolve this amicably and settle-up the partnership affairs, it was necessary to file this suit to protect my interests and the integrity of the body of work DOKKEN produced. It's unfair to the fans who are paying good money to see a shell of the former band and then have to tolerate Don's stage antics like in Phoenix, which were an embarrassment to everything we worked so hard to accomplish. It's time to lay the band DOKKEN to rest and move on with our personal projects. This in no way reflects any negativity towards DOKKEN the band/entity or to the incredibly loyal fans who have stuck with us through thick and a lot of thin." Blabbermouth

[ November 10, 2002, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

GUNS N' ROSES Singer Gives First Radio Interview In 10 Years! - Nov. 9, 2002

Prior to the GUNS N' ROSES show at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washinton last night, Axl Rose called Seattle radio station KISW and gave his first radio interview in ten years. During the 10-minute interrogation, Rose talked about the cancellation of the previous night's kick-off date in Vancouver, the new members of the band and the release date of the group's much-anticipated studio album, "Chinese Democracy".

The following is a transcript of the conversation between Axl and KISW's Ditch, as posted for listening in streaming audio via the station's official web site:

Q: Do you wanna address [what happened] last night [in Vancouver] at all?

Axl Rose: "Sure. We were going to play a show and the plug got pulled on us. We were fully able to meet our commitments and we don't really understand what happened right now, why the show was pulled. We have a legal team looking into it, to get to the bottom of it, and then I'll have to sort out things about the people that bought tickets and things like that. But basically, the building manager just decided — in all of our opinion, prematurely — that the show was just cancelled. And he didn't discuss it with anyone. He just announced it over… We found out… My guys found out over the public address system."

Q: I had read that you were stuck in L.A. or something…

Axl Rose: "I was in the air, I was in a plane on the way to the show. It gets complicated. The manager of the building said that the doors wouldn't open 'till he had confirmation that we were wheels up, that the plane was in the air. And as soon as he had that confirmation, he cancelled the show without telling anybody. And not only did he cancel the show, he cancelled the show and before this — I don't know if it was a riot or a disturbance, whatever — started, they had police at the airport trying to find out what was going on with me. So, it's all kind of screwy."

Q: Well, let's look ahead to tonight. Tonight will be the kick-off, and tonight I know will be an exciting night for a lot people, because, you know, other than your appearance on MTV… [Axl laughs] You looked great on that, dude, you looked really, really good. Like, you know what, Axl has not lost a step, he has not lost a beat, you were on it, and tonight, people have been waiting, dude. This will be the biggest night in a lot of people's lives in nine years, bro.

Axl Rose: "You are too kind. But the MTV thing was a lot of fun. We just basically… We were working on putting that little medley together on that day, 'cause we didn't know we were playing it 'till a couple of days before it, 'cause it was still in negotiations. So we were really happy to be able to do that. It just blew all of our minds when we were out there and doing it. Like, when the curtain went up, it was like, 'Is this still really happening?' So we're excited to be doing this. This is still a prelim of trying to get some road legs with this lineup, with this band. We just did a mini-tour in Asia and in Europe a little bit, and now we're doing this, and we're also out to show people that this band rocks, this band can play, this band does justice to the old material, and it's a really exciting thing to watch in its own right."

Q: What has been the biggest challenge for you, and actually on the other side, the best thing for you in getting the new lineup together and getting out there?

Axl Rose: "Well, the biggest challenge is that, in working with these people, I developed kind of one-on-one, individual relationships and little groups, in putting this thing together. I mean, this isn't a band of a bunch of guys that met each other at a bar, or found each other through ads in a paper or anything. It's been… I carefully looked for these individual people and their personalities and how exciting each one of them is and what they bring to this project. So then the challenge was working with all those different personalities and bringing those personalities together — especially personalities that, when they have to learn how to play other people's material, then that's difficult as well. So it was a lot of challenges in bringing that together, but now everyone's pretty excited, everyone got really excited during the little mini-tour, and that brought us together more as a natural band rather than a studio band where everybody's kind of working separately, maybe even on the same songs, in little clusters here and there, but it's not the same thing as actually being a stage and road band."

Q: It sounds like you've really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc, "Chinese Democracy"… Do you have any idea when the fruits of those labors will come to harvest?

Axl Rose: "Sometime during the next year. With the guys, I do have a really positive relationship with the individual members, and each one of them excites me with what they bring to it, creatively or just as a person, and how each one of them works really hard. Because I think anyone that watches this project at all also sees the abuse that this project goes through, and these guys shoulder that really, really well, and they don't have a problem dealing with it, and I have to just respect the hell out of that with these guys."

Q: Have you made a conscious effort over the years to remain out of the public eye, or does that just come natural to you?

Axl Rose: "No, no… It didn't exactly come natural. I would say that originally, I was shy, and we would fight through it, and a lot of substance abuse would get you out there in front of those cameras. You get like, 'Hey, I can do anything.' And that was like in the past. But also… a lot of this has had to also do with… There's a lot of really difficult legal situations that have gone on over the years. I haven't been quite the recluse that people make it out – I just don't go places were people are taking my pictures, or I know that's gonna happen, or there's gonna be interviews, or looking for the public spotlight – I have stayed out of that. There is also talking in interviews… Anything I would say would then turn around and be used against me in these various, behind-the-scenes court cases and they're all very, very complicated – things lasted for years in all kinds of cases that the public doesn't really know about yet — and little by little there'll be more time to talk about those things, but I'm more interested in having the music talk first, and I'll say what happened later."

Q: You've got Mix Master Mike from the BEASTIE BOYS opening tonight.

Axl Rose: "[Yeah], he's done some work with them [BEASTIE BOYS]. He's actually worked with [GUNS N' ROSES drummer] Brain and [GN'R guitarist] Bucket [a.k.a. Buckethead] in the past. But separate from Brain and Bucket having worked with him, [GN'R bassist] Tommy [Stinson] was the person that turned me on to Mix Master Mike by having me go see a scratch show when they had this movie out, 'Scratch', and go to a performance of that, and [GN'R guitarist] Robin [Finck] and I went with Tommy down to watch, and it was really exciting to watch. He just moved the people in a cool way, and it was cool that Tommy and Robin really liked it so much. They didn't know that this guy already had a relationship with Bucket and Brain, so it just kind of seems natural, because of their enthusiasm, and the other guys already knowing him and being excited about it. And then we're also playing with CKY, which is kind of thing that people are into right now, and they have a really interesting attitude. So, it should be fun. We wanna give people a full show of a few different things to see."

Q: Is this gonna be a typical, in-your-face, lots-of-explosions, lots-of-loud-rock GUNS N' ROSES show that we've come to expect…?

Axl Rose: "It's gonna be a big rock show, yeah. There's a lot going on in the staging of it. And pyro, and different things like that, so it will be a big show. But also, this show is something that is designed to be growing over the next couple of years. It's like, this is the start of something, but then remember, we will be putting out a record, and then, about a year or so after that, we'll be putting out another one, so there'll be a lot more material added into the set with a lot more things going on. This is the beginning, and we need to be showing people a lot of the older material, but it will grow."

Blabbermouth

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

De Niro/Doc Ock Rumor Debunked
    Friday, November 8, 2002 10:09 CST

'Stax' tells us IGN FilmForce contacted The Amazing Spider-Man producer Laura Ziskin who denied the rumors that Robert De Niro will play Doc Ock in the sequel and that Billy Bob Thornton is on standby in case De Niro couldn't do it.

Superhero Hype

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Spy Franchise Based on Halle Berry's Jinx?
    Sunday, November 10, 2002 9:29 CST

Zap2it reports that a possible Die Another Day spin-off is in the works based on Halle Berry's character, Jinx.

Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry confirms to Zap2it Sunday that she's considering starring in a female action spy franchise playing Jinx, her character in the latest James Bond movie, "Die Another Day," which also stars Pierce Brosnan.

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed to Zap2it.com Sunday at interviews scheduled by MGM that there's serious talk about creating an action star from the new Bond girl.

"There are talks about it, we are considering it," Broccoli says, adding that it's about time for a strong female action star.

Coming Soon

[ November 11, 2002, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The WB will air two episodes of Birds of Prey on Wednesday, Nov, 27, including a rebroadcast of the pilot and a new episode featuring Lady Shiva.

"Pilot" will air at 8 p.m. (ET), followed by "Lady Shiva" at 9 p.m.

Here's how The WB describes the "Lady Shiva" episode:

"Helena (Ashley Scott) is thrilled when her best friend from high school, Sandra (guest-star Sung Hi Lee) returns to New Gotham, but the Birds are troubled by a series of murders with the unmistakable mark of Batgirl's (Dina Meyer) nemesis, Lady Shiva. Determined to fight Lady Shiva as an equal, Barbara dusts off her Batgirl costume and experiments with technology that allows her to leave the wheelchair."

John Kretchmer directed the episode, with story by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and teleplay by Adam Armus and Kay Foster.

Comics Continuum

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

TACOMA, Washington — Crawling from the wreckage of their noisily aborted tour kickoff in Vancouver the night before — which ended in a fan riot and a bloody, club-wielding response by local police — Guns N' Roses came charging into the Tacoma Dome, about 45 minutes outside of Seattle, with considerable pent-up energy on Friday. Unfortunately, there wasn't quite enough of it to entirely overcome some annoying technical obstacles that laid in wait.

The Dome is a boomy place at best; with only about half of its 22,500 seats occupied, as was the case with this show, the resulting sonic wallow often obscured the band's remarkable precision. On top of that, singer Axl Rose's microphone line slowly deteriorated throughout the course of the two-hour-plus set: By the end, his trademark wail was jabbing in and out of the mix so erratically that he started overcompensating, and finished the night (we were told) with blown vocal cords.

These sound problems obscured some of the best efforts of an impressive band. The new Guns N' Roses is a big group — three guitars and two keyboards along with bass and drums — and the level of its musicianship is unusually high. One-time Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson and ex-Primus drummer Brian Mantia propel the band with the requisite bottom-end muscle, but with rare agility, too. Chris Pittman is extraordinarily flamboyant for a guy who traffics in keyboards. And former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who tempers his screaming leads with soulful control, is also a maestro of pure, string-ripping noise.

And then there's Buckethead. You know that a guy wearing a deadpan white mask and a fried-chicken bucket on his head is becoming a serious cult star when a couple dozen fans turn up in the audience sporting KFC headware of their own. And you definitely know the news is out when Axl Rose himself, midway through the old Guns hit "Patience," straps on a little mini-bucket, too. But the really riveting thing about Buckethead — who's a veteran of the avant-funk-fusion scene — isn't his get-up; it's the jaw-dropping precision with which he can tear through a finger-blurring solo. He's super-fast and lyrical at the same time. He also does a robot-dance interlude that has to be witnessed to be fully appreciated.

All of the band's instrumental fireworks (and the show's explosive, old-school pyrotechnics) serve to illuminate the charismatic presence of Axl Rose, of course. His inimitable shriek remains ... well, inimitable — and he can still hold those keening notes beyond what might seem to be normal human ability. He also probably racks up as much non-stop sprint mileage onstage as most frontmen half his age.

Chinese Democracy, the new Guns album Rose has been promising for the past decade, won't be out till February. (Yes — so they say!) Therefore, the new band's repertoire is heavily studded with vintage tunes: "Welcome to the Jungle," of course, and "Paradise City." And everybody gets to sing along to "Sweet Child O' Mine," too, and "November Rain," "Live and Let Die," and "Mr. Brownstone." Even "Oh My God." (Well, maybe not.)

But the future of Guns N' Roses lies in the direction of the handful of new songs the group is currently playing: the gorgeous ballad "Madagascar," the gut-shaking "Rhiad" and the monumentally riffed-out "Chinese Democracy" itself. These songs, largely composed by Rose and the whole band (there are "probably hundreds" of others, according to keyboardist Dizzy Reed, probably exaggerating a bit), could sustain the ongoing GN'R project into a new creative era. It'd be nice to have them stick around.

—Kurt Loder

MTV

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Rumor has it that they are filming a trailer for "The Amazing Spider-Man" (Spider-Man 2)in Chicago this week to be included in the debut of "Daredevil" next February!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Curious George & Incredible Shrinking Man Writers
    Sunday, November 10, 2002 11:55 CST

The Hollywood Reporter says Universal Pictures and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment have hired two writing teams to rewrite a couple of franchise properties, Curious George and The Incredible Shrinking Man.

Dan Gerson and Robert L. Baird, who were writers on the animated feature Monsters, Inc., will rewrite "George," a CGI project based on the children's book series of the same name that David Silverman will direct for Grazer to produce. The writers are reuniting with Silverman on the project, as the latter co-directed "Monsters."

Meanwhile, Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant will rewrite "Shrinking," with Keenen Ivory Wayans attached to direct and Eddie Murphy to star.
    Coming Soon

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

"THE OSBOURNES" Coming Out On DVD In March - Nov. 11, 2002

A DVD box set of first season of "The Osbournes", originally planned for a holiday release, will finally hit stores on Mar. 4, 2003. It will be distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Included in the package will be four bonus episodes and a "drinking game."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

EMINEM MILESTONE: 8 Mile, the semi-fictional tale of the rapper's Detroit rust-belt roots, hip-hopped up an estimated $54.4 million over the weekend. It was the second best debut ever for an R-rated movie and gives Eminem the double coup of topping both the movie and record charts in the same week.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

WEDDING BELLS! Surprising no one, singer-actress Jennifer Lopez confirming her engagement to Ben Affleck in an interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer set to air Wednesday. The couple, who've been dating since December, hope to wed early next year.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

TAKEN TO TASK: An Australian coroner criticizing rock-rap band Limp Bizkit and the organizers of the Big Day Out music festival over the death of a teenage fan caught in a crush at the event last year. Frontman Fred Durst was faulted for failing to stop the performance.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

SWEPT ASIDE: Madonna's latest movie, Swept Away, directed by her husband Guy Ritchie (Snatch), bypassing theaters in Britain after flopping in the U.S. It's going straight to video, instead.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]