Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From www.aintitcoolnews.com

Frank Miller talks on BATMAN YEAR ONE!!!
    Hey folks, Harry here... Seems that Aronofsky and Miller are on their third draft of BATMAN YEAR ONE. Will this get made? We can only sit back and watch it all come together (or not). Seeing an Aronofsky / Miller BATMAN sounds like a dream, but Warners has a habit of turning dreams into Nightmares.
    Hey Harry

Whats up...I've got a few tid-bits from MEGA-CON 2002 here in orlando florida.. It was a great weekend here and Mega Con was crowded. Darth Vader, Star wars and star trek guys everywhere.. The original LOst In Space crew. Kevin"I hate Tim Burton Forever"Smith was there and spoke on the Superman lives situation.. He said McG will pretty much give Jon peters and the WB what they want..Hopefully it will have some resemblence to Superman Unlike Burtons take. He seems to be very bitter towords Burton still..Maybe it's something to do with Jay and bobs Film gross Compared to Burton's planet of the apes?..

Anyhow.. Guess who showed up unannouced?...FRANK MILLER!.....Yep Good old comics god himself..Miller who did'nt make a speach or anything did mingle with the few fans who got the chance to catch him..I was lucky enough to get ahold of him...Ofcourse I had to ask 500 plus questions about the Year One Film.. He mostly replied with " I cannot coment on this" Finally he said a few things.. Roughly what I he told me was..

" The film will be Dark and very noir like, Much more detailed and on a smaller scale than the other films. It will focus more on batman than gorden (compared to the comics)".They are at the 3rd draft now and thats all he can say...Before I went on my way I asked him when we could expect this film out. He smiled and said " The scripts not even done yet"..Then I quickly asked " Whats the deal with the 70's Disco year one script Rumor" He turned around and just smiled at me like he knew something. Could that have been a WB PLANT?...

please refer to me as SAND-MAKER!
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SPAWN 2 UPDATE
    Steve Niles told The Continuum that the Spawn sequel is showing some movement.

Niles is working with Spawn creator Todd McFarlane on the script for Spawn 2, which is set up at Columbia Pictures.

"Spawn 2 is coming along great," Niles told The Continuum. "The script has gone through several polishes and we're working closely with Don Murphy to make it something special."

Murphy is set up as producer. He produced last fall's From Hell and has been connected to several comics-to-film projects.

"I think the biggest surprise will be how different this film will be from the first," Niles said. "I think Spawn 2 will be much more accessible to all types of movie fans because it will cross the lines between the superhero, horror and crime genres."
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cinescape Exclusive
    HOUSE OF THE DEAD heading before cameras
    Altman talks rebirth of zombie genre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Tuesday, February 26, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor

In an exclusive chat with CINESCAPE, HOUSE OF THE DEAD scribe Mark A. Altman talked about bringing the popular Sega video game to the big screen with co-writer Dave Parker.

"I absolutely love this video game so it's really exciting to be bringing the film to the big screen," Altman (FREE ENTERPRISE, ABDUCTED) told us. "The zombie genre has been in desperate need of some new blood for over a decade now and with RESIDENT EVIL, which I'm very excited about, coming out this year and HOUSE OF THE DEAD in '03, I think zombie fans will be able to find some great entertainment to pass the time while waiting for the next [George] Romero [NIGHT OF THE LIVING] DEAD flick.”

The film, directed by German music video director Uwe Boll, starts shooting in May. Altman is happy it will veer away from the PG-13 horror films of late and go for the blood and guts mavens of the genre have been missing.

“We want our film to be smart, scary and gory. No PG cop-out here,” Altman teased. “We're casting now and I think Uwe's going to do a great job with the film. He's as crazy about this material as I am and has a real vision for the film."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DVD News
    More on SIMPSONS Season Two DVD
    Next installment coming in June

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Tuesday, February 26, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: DVD File

More news coming on that SIMPSONS: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON DVD is here. The release date has been set at June 4, and the extras well be more extensive than the already great COMPLETE FIRST SEASON.

There will be audio commentary for each episode, as well as an interview with Matt Groening and a newly produced feature on how episodes are created.

The price will be $49.95.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bizkit Narrows It Down
    Limp Bizkit mainman Fred Durst says the band have narrowed down the search for the ‘illest guitar player’ in the world. The chosen ones will be going to L.A. to work with the Bizkit on their next album. On a posting on www.limpbizkit.com, Durst also revealed that he will be signing a few bands he heard demos from during the search. "We are so excited to bring several of the people we jammed with on the tour back to L.A. to see what could possibly become of it," says Durst. "You just never know. I am sure this will be our best album yet." In other Limp Bizkit news, Durst says he's too busy to personally attend the inquest into the death of Jessica Michalik, who died after a Limp Bizkit performance in Australia last year. Instead, Durst is offering to testify via video link at the proceedings in Sydney.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - U2 Seeks To Elevate 'Elevation' At Grammys
    02/25/2002

(2/25/02, 4 p.m. ET) -- At Wednesday night's (February 27) Grammy Awards, one of the categories U2 is up for is best rock performance by a duo or group with vocal for "Elevation." Singer-guitarist the Edge tells LAUNCH that the group knew "Elevation" was a special track as soon as it began working on it.

"'Elevation' is kind of the closest we will probably come to rock-and-roll. It just had an energy and a kind of vitality from the word go of it made everybody very excited, even when it was in its rough form--without even any vocals or, or lyrics. It just had this great energy and feel," he says.

Frontman Bono has a different take on the song, although he admitted to LAUNCH that he didn't fully understand what "Elevation" is about. "'Elevation'--it's a hip-hop tempo, and I don't know what it's about. I think (laughs) it's something to do with sex, and transcendence, and a conscience."

Bono's conscience, meanwhile, is on display in the cover story of the latest issue of Time magazine. Titled "Can Bono Save the World?", the piece chronicles his work on behalf of Third World debt relief and world-health issues. In it, he's quoted as saying, "I'm into doing at the moment. I know how absurd it is to have a rock star talk about the World Health Organization or debt relief or HIV/AIDS in Africa."

U2 is slated to perform at the Grammy ceremony, which airs live on CBS starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Wednesday.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Former LED ZEPPELIN Frontman To Open Additional Dates On Upcoming THE WHO Tour - Feb. 26, 2002

Former LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant is thus far slated to open the following three shows on THE WHO's upcoming summer tour:

Aug. 24 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
    Aug. 25 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
    Aug. 28 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater

In other news, Robert Plant has been confirmed for the Rock Fest 2002, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 20th in Cadott, Wisconsin.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

PEARL JAM To Leave Epic Records? - Feb. 25, 2002

According to the New York Daily News, PEARL JAM are looking to leave Epic Records and are in talks with J Records about signing a new deal with the label. J head honcho Clive Davis has reportedly been talking with the Seattle band about the move. At press time, no official announcement had yet been made. However, an Epic spokeswoman said she believed the band's next album would be for Epic.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Linkin Park, STP, Staind Collaborations Featured On Family Values 2001 Live Album
    02/26/2002

(2/26/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Collaborations between members of Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, and Staind are featured on the Family Values 2001 live album, due in stores May 7. The collection is made up of live performances from last year's tour.

Staind vocalist Aaron Lewis is featured on Stone Temple Pilots' "Creep" and on Linkin Park's "One Step Closer," while Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington makes an appearance on Stone Temple Pilots' "Wonderful."

Bennington told LAUNCH that meeting Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland at a festival was one of the highlights of his career. "That was really exciting for me because I had been listening to them since I was like14 or 15 years old, and to actually have a chance to meet somebody that I admire and look up to as far as his performance abilities and his vocal abilities was really special for me. And that was really cool. He actually had also heard of the band and he was like, 'Oh you're in Linkin Park. Great. I heard great things about you guys.' And then he had to run off and get on stage, but that was really exciting."

The CD also features songs by Static X and Deadsy.

The complete track list for the Family Values 2001 live CD:

Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"

Linkin Park - "Runaway"

Staind - "Fade"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Wonderful" (featuring Chester Bennington of Linkin Park)

Static X - "Push It" (featuring P. Exeter Blue of Deadsy)

Staind - "It's Been Awhile"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Wicked Garden"

Static X - "Cold"

Aaron Lewis of Staind - "Black"

Stone Temple Pilots - "Creep" (featuring Aaron Lewis of Staind)

Deadsy - "Tom Sawyer" (Rush cover)

Linkin Park - "One Step Closer (featuring Aaron Lewis of Staind)

-- Darren Davis, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KORN Frontman Speaks Out On Rights Of Recording Artists - Feb. 26, 2002

KORN and the group's management The Firm are reportedly backing legislators and the Recording Artists Coalition (RAC) who favor more equitable contracts for recording artists. KORN were originally scheduled to perform as part of the block of concerts scheduled in the Los Angeles area in support of the RAC, but the show was eventually pulled for unknown reasons.

Commented KORN frontman Jonathan Davis: “In the next couple of months the music industry is going to be turned on its head, especially by all these artist doing the free concerts for this cause. And sooner or later they're going to have to 'fess up to it and let artists have their rights back because they really don't have any.

“The record company basically takes all our money. We don't make any money off the CDs. They say you do, but all our royalties are put in these things called pipelines and they hold them for years and years and years and when we were renegotiated to get—since we got our first success they held a whole bunch of money in a pipeline—so we had to renegotiate it. Like, 'OK we're going to renegotiate. We're going to give you all the money that you earned in the pipeline and that's going to be your deal.' And they don't pay anything out. So they're just giving us our money back. It's really seedy. I don't understand how it was set up that way, and I'm still learning more about it that pisses me off more.

"The only way we make money is going on tour and selling our T-shirts. That's what we got to make our living. It's not a bad living, I'm not bitching, but it's just wrong.”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

STEVE VAI To Perform Live With NELLY FURTADO At Grammy Awards - Feb. 26, 2002

Legendary axeman Steve Vai (i.e. DAVE LEE ROTH, WHITESNAKE) will perform with NELLY FURTADO at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards, which are scheduled to air live at 8:00 PM via CBS on Wednesday, February 27th from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Other performers include U2, ALICIA KEYS, THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, DESTINY'S CHILD, 'N SYNC, ALAN JACKSON and TRAIN. Steve has also been tapped as a presenter for the category "Rap Album of the Year".

Vai himself is nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Rock Instrumental" for the song "Whispering a Prayer" from Alive In An Ultra World. This is Steve's sixth Grammy nomination.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

THE OSBOURNES Make The Cover Of TV GUIDE! - Feb. 26, 2002

OZZY OSBOURNE and family grace the cover of this week's TV Guide (February 23 - March 1 issue) as the esteemed television publication gives an overview of what promises to be spring's reality/sitcom sensation, The Osbournes. Along with exclusive photos of the family, there is a two-page write-up on the crazy world of Ozz. The Osbournes series is scheduled to premier via MTV on Wednesday, March 5th at 10:30 PM EST/PST (after The Real World).

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MARILYN MANSON, ORGY's GORDON To Remix LINKIN PARK For Upcoming CD - Feb. 26, 2002

MARILYN MANSON and ORGY frontman Jay Gordon are among the artists that have remixed tracks from LINKIN PARK's Hybrid Theory CD for an upcoming remix album, which is due this summer. “It's basically reinterpreting all of the songs from the Hybrid Theory record,” LINKIN PARK guitarist Brad Delson told Rolling Stone, "collaborating with a number of different people in the hip-hop, dance and rock worlds, and really creating all new songs for pretty much our hard-core fan base that wants new music." In other news, LINKIN PARK will play a benefit concert planned by Los Angeles-area teens for Los Angeles's first pediatric hospice, to be held at the House Of Blues on the Sunset Strip on March 4th. The Young Angels Concert, which will benefit the city's TrinityKids Care, is open only to students and their families, with tickets starting at $85. Admission includes a buffet dinner, while all proceeds will go to the hospice.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    STEVE VAI To Perform Live With NELLY FURTADO At Grammy Awards - Feb. 26, 2002

Legendary axeman Steve Vai (i.e. DAVE LEE ROTH, WHITESNAKE) will perform with NELLY FURTADO at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards, which are scheduled to air live at 8:00 PM via CBS on Wednesday, February 27th from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Other performers include U2, ALICIA KEYS, THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, DESTINY'S CHILD, 'N SYNC, ALAN JACKSON and TRAIN. Steve has also been tapped as a presenter for the category "Rap Album of the Year".

Vai himself is nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Rock Instrumental" for the song "Whispering a Prayer" from Alive In An Ultra World. This is Steve's sixth Grammy nomination.
    Kool...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JUDAS PRIEST Audio Interview Available Online - Feb. 26, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST's interview with Eddie Trunk, originally aired via WNEW following the group's performance at Roseland in New York City on Friday, February 15th, can be heard in its entirety in streaming Real Audio at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/