Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk hain23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.04.00
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    7,791
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    36
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

    you guys got 30 people at your Expos games!

    you even have my hometown boy Brad Wilkerson playin' for ya!!

    The Cubs are usually in the bottom of their division but you don't see too many empty seats at their games.

    best quote yesterday "Expos fans only get up and cheer when something great happens, while Cubs fans cheer when the beer guy comes walkin' by"
    Eat Us and Smile!

  2. #2
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,837
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Likes
    97
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

    Canadians love hockey not baseball. I only watch baseball when the Blue Jays are in the World Series, that's how much I care about it.

    In general, Americans care a lot more about Baseball than us, and we care a lot more about Hockey than you. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    [ April 16, 2002 at 06:33 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Bob_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.01
    Posts
    7,207
    Last Online

    12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    Canadians love hockey not baseball. I only watch baseball when the Blue Jays are in the World Series, that's how much I care about it.

    In general, Americans care a lot more about Baseball than us, and we care a lot more about Hockey than you. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You are right YR! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    But, personally I'm American and I love hockey waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than baseball!

  4. #4
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    54
    Location
    On the wild card line...
    Posts
    28,661
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Likes
    1,043
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

    It's sad, because they used to get good crowds. But Stade Olympique sucks to begin with and I think that's the one team whose fans said "to hell with it" after the strike of 1994. That and the fact that they seem to be the majors' farm team, developing good talent only to see it scarfed up by other teams once they become free agents - they just can't compete with the American dollar. Blue Jays are having some of the same problems keeping players, but at least their fans still turn out. Still, you have to wonder for how long.
    Would've hoped to see the city rally around les Expos to show Major League Baseball, but I guess the cause is truly lost up there. Using hockey is no excuse. I have enough room in my heart for NASCAR, the NFL and MLB, surely the citizens of Montreal can have room enough for les Canadiens and les Expos. It's not like les Canadiens have been marching through the streets with Lord Stanley's Cup in recent years anyway.

  5. #5
    Johnson Rod Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.08.00
    Age
    37
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    4,848
    Last Online

    10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by hain23x:
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

    The Cubs are usually in the bottom of their division but you don't see too many empty seats at their games.

    best quote yesterday "Expos fans only get up and cheer when something great happens, while Cubs fans cheer when the beer guy comes walkin' by"
    If you think the seats have asses in them because of the Cubs, then you're definitely a newbie to the city.

    If the Cubs played in any other stadium, there's no way they'd have the attendance they have.

    It's all about going to a Wrigley party, not a Cubs game.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

    The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

    The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

    The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

    The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

    2007 Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    02.18.00
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    5,196
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by billy007:
    It's sad, because they used to get good crowds. But Stade Olympique sucks to begin with and I think that's the one team whose fans said "to hell with it" after the strike of 1994. That and the fact that they seem to be the majors' farm team, developing good talent only to see it scarfed up by other teams once they become free agents - they just can't compete with the American dollar. Blue Jays are having some of the same problems keeping players, but at least their fans still turn out. Still, you have to wonder for how long.
    Would've hoped to see the city rally around les Expos to show Major League Baseball, but I guess the cause is truly lost up there. Using hockey is no excuse. I have enough room in my heart for NASCAR, the NFL and MLB, surely the citizens of Montreal can have room enough for les Canadiens and les Expos. It's not like les Canadiens have been marching through the streets with Lord Stanley's Cup in recent years anyway.
    they've been walkin down the street with the stanley cup alot more recently than they have in orlando buddy. yes, i'm aware that there's no team there, but tampa and miami do.

    aaaanyway, yeah, the expos were favoured to win in 94, and that was a huge kick in the pants to them, when the strike hit. the spo's were huge in the 80's but once the american dollar was too high to be able to do anything, it was history for them. everyone saw it coming. it's the nature of the beast. i haven't really been very excited about baseball since the jays were winning. plus the fact that the yankees have been cleaning up the past few years, and the thrill of competition has kinda left.

  7. #7
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    54
    Location
    On the wild card line...
    Posts
    28,661
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Likes
    1,043
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

    Originally posted by laner:
    they've been walkin down the street with the stanley cup alot more recently than they have in orlando buddy. yes, i'm aware that there's no team there, but tampa and miami do.
    That may be so, but 1993 is not at all recent by sporting standards!

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk hain23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.04.00
    Location
    way down yonder in Louisville
    Posts
    7,791
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    36
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

    Originally posted by Pabs:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hain23x:
    [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

    The Cubs are usually in the bottom of their division but you don't see too many empty seats at their games.

    best quote yesterday "Expos fans only get up and cheer when something great happens, while Cubs fans cheer when the beer guy comes walkin' by"
    If you think the seats have asses in them because of the Cubs, then you're definitely a newbie to the city.

    If the Cubs played in any other stadium, there's no way they'd have the attendance they have.

    It's all about going to a Wrigley party, not a Cubs game.
    </font>[/QUOTE]well..duh!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    05.28.00
    Age
    31
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,132
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Many
    Last Online

    05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Cubs suck. Sox - 2 Indian - 0 so far. Durham had a huge game today. Buehrle is fuckin awesome too. Anyone see Mags grand slam yesterday? Go Sox! 9-5 and movin on up. The Tigers come back to town next too [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

  10. #10
    Johnson Rod Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.08.00
    Age
    37
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    4,848
    Last Online

    10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by Unchained Wolfie:
    Cubs suck. Sox - 2 Indian - 0 so far. Durham had a huge game today. Buehrle is fuckin awesome too. Anyone see Mags grand slam yesterday? Go Sox! 9-5 and movin on up. The Tigers come back to town next too [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Take it to MLB 2002 Wolfie. Sox pride has taken over the thread.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

    The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

    The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

    The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

    The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

    2007 Fantasy Football Champion

  11. #11
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    04.18.02
    Age
    43
    Location
    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Posts
    237
    Favorite VH Album

    VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

    JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    oh yea brothers! i just do not get it. up in montreal they get to see talented players and even get to sit an an actuall olympic stadium. that should be owrth something. this site is history and it is glorious. if we destroy olympic stadium then we are dsestroying a part of olympic history and too many athletes worked hard for olympic gold to see it destroyed because of major league baseball president selig being a fruity idiot who does not know baseball from the evil sport of basketball

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Montreal
    By hatchetforce in forum Reunion Tour 2004
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09.03.05, 06:24 PM
  2. What's wrong with some of you people??!!
    By topjimmy71672 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09.04.02, 11:52 AM
  3. What is WRONG with these people?????
    By SactoFan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07.17.02, 07:32 PM
  4. Montreal
    By Bob_R in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05.19.01, 05:36 AM
  5. I'd Rather Be, In Montreal
    By Glenn in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.18.00, 02:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •