All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Matrix Reloaded Cast Talks Sequel
    Wednesday, February 6, 2002 10:03 CST

Yesterday it was ET, today it's Access Hollywood who got quite a few words out of "The Matrix Reloaded" cast. While visiting the set Down Under, the entertainment program talked to Keanu, Carrie-Ann & Laurence.

Laurence Fishburne, reprising his role as Morpheus, said, "Actually I am quite confident in saying that the sequels to The Matrix will be better than the first one."

Carrie-Ann Moss, who returns as Trinity, believes that "in every single department, we are all trying to do something better, more fantastic, and I think we are achieving that."

Keanu added, "I know for me, the action aspect of it is much more complex and a little trickier than last time. Before, if I threw one kick, now I'm throwing three kicks, or four, maybe seven. The wire work, the kung fu and the fight scenes are a little more sophisticated and ambitious."

And here are some bits from the interview with Keanu that were not included in the segment.

Asked what it's like filming two films at once, he says, "It feels like we're just doing one story. It really doesn't seem different than making one film -- it's just longer."

He also goes on to say that Neo will "have more fights than [Trinity] does, but not many. Trinity kicks some butt."

More on this...

MATRIX sequel talk from Reeves, Fishburne
    Duo tease more than before

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Thursday, February 7, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: ET.com

In an interview with the usually cloying and fact-lite ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, Keanu Reeves and Lawrence Fishburne are doing some of their most expansive talking on the upcoming MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTIONS.

Fishburne let fly with general plotting directions for RELOADED with, “In the second movie when [RELOADED] picks up, we have freed many people in about six months time. More and more people are starting to wake up from the prison of the Matrix. We move from the Matrix and the reality that is the Matrix into the real world and the land of the human beings, this last bastion, the last human city which is called Zion. We get to see Zion, we get to meet more characters… people who are both born free with no plugs in their arms or heads, and people who are not home grown human that are harvested by machine."

Reeves outlined some of the technology which was created to make surpassing the original conceivable. “We are trying to do some crazy things out here. The kung-fu sequences are more sophisticated and more challenging than the first film. Some of the wire work [allows me to] do back flips and cartwheels all in one shot… It's pushed me to my limits. Before it was like, 'Can you do two kicks?' and now it's like, 'Can you do three kicks, but with a jumping backspin hook-kick?' So it's like you have learned to walk -- now can you fly.”

Another sliver of news: shooting is only half over, though they’ve been going for months, and is not expected to wrap until August.

[ February 07, 2002 at 03:56 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Arnold on the T3 Chyna Rumors
    Wednesday, February 6, 2002 10:11 CST

The Latino Review attended the New York junket for "Collateral Damage," during which Arnold Schwarzenegger talked about the recent Chyna rumors. It was previously reported that she may be playing the female nemesis in the third installment.

"I hope she comes in for an interview," Arnold said. "Is she coming in for an interview? The question now is 'do we go?' Its being debated right now and it's a very interesting debate. Do we go with a woman that is petite, that is young that looks innocent and that looks like a very ordinary beautiful girl and then create a certain drama when she walks innocently to the woman in a car on Beverly Blvd or Rodeo Dr and Crack!"

"Or should it be Chyna. Should it be a woman that appears to be right away you know 'This is soooo... This is the female Terminator'... and appears to everyone you know what to expect after dead bodies are flying around. So I don't know what the answer is. But that is the BIG debate. It came about when I suggested CHYNA and the director said, 'that's a great concept'."
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

James Gunn on Scooby Doo & Sequel
    Wednesday, February 6, 2002 10:18 CST

Moviehole had the the opportunity to talk to "Scooby Doo" scribe James Gunn about the film and a possible sequel. Here's some cool stuff from the interview, which does include spoilers!:

"[The film] differs from the cartoons in a million different ways. We also get a chance to see what we don't see in cartoons -- the little fights and dramas Mystery Inc has in-between solving mysteries. There's romance, jealousy, bickering, and love. And there are also real supernatural forces at work -- this time there's no Old Man Smithers in a mask, but real monsters to contend with."

"At the beginning of the film Mystery Inc is getting fed up with the mundane aspects of their experiences -- their mysteries are pretty much the same over and over: Daphne gets captured, Velma and Fred have a plan, Shaggy and Scooby muck everything up, and, at the end, the 'supernatural phenomena' they've been fighting ends up being a man in a mask. After the millionth time it gets pretty boring, and the gang starts to get on each other's nerves. So they break up. But, soon enough, they're called back together to solve a mystery. They go to Spooky Island, an amusement park on a tropical island, where mysterious things are happening. And this time, they have to face real demons -- and, in the end, save the world!.

The movie's not done yet -- but I've seen it many times, and it keeps getting better and better. It's a lot of fun, and the cast (including the CGI Scooby) is great. We're already talking about the sequel, yes..."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brotherly Love In Oasis
    It has been reported by NME.COM that Oasis have finally finished their upcoming album “Heathen Chemistry” due to come out this summer. In order to prepare Oasis played their first gig on Tuesday night in Watford. The band are also playing London’s Royal Albert Hall tonight in a benefit show for the Teenage Cancer Trust. And while preparing to play Noel sang the praises of his younger brother Liam, saying that the songs written by Liam were great. "You'll be amazed and anybody that hears [Liam's songs] will gasp," said Noel. "They're that good. Two of them are astonishing and one's really, really good. In five years time without a doubt he'll be the best songwriter in the country."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Axl Rose Is 40. Ten Years Gone ...

Ten years ago, Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose was the exciting and volatile frontman of a great rock band at the top of its game. Then began the Great Waiting.

The Guns lineup that most recall played its last show together in 1993. A collection of cover songs, The Spaghetti Incident?, soon followed, and by the end of the decade, Rose would be the only original Gunner still in the band. Since '93, Rose and a rotating cast of characters have cranked out a song for the "End of Days" soundtrack — which was virtually ignored by fans and radio — and have played a total of four live shows. They have also been working on an album, Chinese Democracy, that may someday see the light of day.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

NEWS - Is A New Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Album In Progress?
    02/06/2002

(2/6/02, 5 p.m. ET) -- There are conflicting reports as to whether Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band recently spent time in an Atlanta recording studio. A spokesperson for Southern Tracks Recording told LAUNCH, "We'd love to have 'em," while denying a report from the Backstreets fanzine that Springsteen and company had been laying down new tracks at the facility. Springsteen's representative told LAUNCH that no information was available regarding current recording plans.

However, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution confirms that Springsteen was in the city for about eight days. In addition, E Street Band singer-guitarist Nils Lofgren--interviewed last Friday (February 1) by author, syndicated columnist, and radio host Tony Kornheiser--confirmed that the group was working on new material in Atlanta .

"Last week, in Atlanta, we got together--I mean, it was supposed to be a big secret, but it's all over...There were 'spies' in the parking lot when we were down there," Lofgren said. "This is the first step of what would have to be many. And you know, I love Bruce and I hope he takes all those steps, and in a year or so, whatever, on his timetable, does that."

Lofgren also said, "At the end of the last tour--and many times in recent interviews, with Bob Costas or others--Bruce has indicated...his commitment to kind of rededicate himself and the band to the fans and have another chapter, which involves a record and eventually a tour."

Last year, Springsteen told Reuters that he was looking forward to recording with the E Street Band again. "I just got a lot [of] just, just music sitting around, and things I'd like to finish at some point," he said. "But I think the central thing for me right now is I would really like to make a record with the band, because they bring out... there's just something. It's a different thought process when I think about writing for that group of musicians, and I think I tend to be more direct in some ways. ... I expand maybe my... scope in some fashion--it's something just about what the band is after all these years that makes me think a little bit differently, so I'm excited about doing that."

-- Gary Graff, Detroit, and Bruce Simon, New York

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

POWERMAN 5000 Complete 20 New Songs For Forthcoming CD, Band "Better Than Ever" - Feb. 7, 2002

POWERMAN 5000 are continuing work on their as-yet-untitled new album, with 20 new songs having been written over the last four months, according to an update posted at the band's official web site at www.powerman5000.com. However, there has been no word yet on if any material from the aborted Anyone For Doomsday? sessions will make the cut.

"No matter which songs end up on the new record," stated POWERMAN 5000 vocalist Spider One, "the most important thing is that it's the best album we can make. It has to feel new and fresh. The tracks from Anyone For Doomsday? are cool, but that album was created in a hostile environment. Certain people just didn't want to be there at the time, and that vibe kinda killed the spirit of those songs." he lamented. "But now, POWERMAN is a new band, and that fire and excitement is reflected in the latest recordings. I want to take the band in many different directions." Spider One added, "Expect the unexpected on the next album!"

As you may recall, POWERMAN 5000 were all set to release the follow-up to the platinum Tonight The Stars Revolt! On August 28th, 2001 when it was decided two weeks prior to the album's intended release that the whole project should be scrapped and the band should be sent back to the drawing board. The official explanation was that the move was a voluntary action designed to give the fans “the greatest album possible”, but the less-than-stellar reception to the album's original first single, “Bombshell”, and the lukewarm reviews given to the advance copies of the full-length CD indicated otherwise.

In other news, POWERMAN 5000 have yet to reveal the identity of their replacement for the recently-departed drummer Al Pahanish, but are promising to do so later this month. According to the singer, "[The new sticksman] came in, sat down, and nailed every song perfectly on the first try. In fact, we all played with such intensity that day, it became clear right away that we were better than ever!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Mostow Moves into House Thriller
    Thursday, February 7, 2002 7:14 CST

Variety reports that Jonathan Mostow will direct "House At The End Of The Street," a thriller that has been set at Universal.
    The studio has taken Mostow's idea for the film and hired "Donnie Darko" writer-director Richard Kelly to write a script that Mostow hopes to direct after he completes "Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines."

Mostow, no stranger to the thriller genre said the hope for the film will be to inflict flat out terror.

"Every year, somebody says, this is the scariest movie you've ever seen, and I'm disappointed when I see it," Mostow said. "I really just wanted to try my hand making a truly scary film. This is an idea I'd been working on for a while, and Richard was the right writer for it."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Madonna Singing Bond 20 Theme?
    Thursday, February 7, 2002 7:48 CST

'Clint' writes in with word that Madonna is reportedly in negotiations to join the "Bond 20" production.

The February 18 edition of US Weekly, which hits stands this Friday, says that the mega-star is in negotiations to sing the title track of the 20th installment.

Furthermore, and more unlikely, the magazine says that a cameo in "Bond 20" might even be in-store for Madonna.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JUDAS PRIEST Online Chat Scheduled For Tomorrow - Feb. 7, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST will chat live on USA Today.com on Friday, February 8th, at 2:00 PM Eastern. Vocalist Ripper Owens and guitarist K.K. Downing are scheduled to participate. To access the JUDAS PRIEST live chat and to submit questions, click here. The general live chat section of USA Today.com can be accessed at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SLAYER Frontman Suffers Death In Family, Shows Likely Postponed - Feb. 7, 2002

Unconfirmed reports indicate that SLAYER frontman Tom Araya was informed of his father's sudden passing following the group's headlining performance at Aerial Theatre in Houston, Texas last night, February 6th. As a result, it appears highly likely that at least the next couple of shows on SLAYER's current itinerary will be postponed or cancelled. The dates most likely to be affected include those at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas, Texas on February 7th and at TX West Canyon Amphitheatre in Lubbock, Texas on February 8th.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

METALLICA Guitarist Pays Tribute To Former Bandmate - Feb. 7, 2002

METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett has issued the following message via METALLICA's official web site at www.metallica.com as a tribute to his former bandmate Paul Baloff of EXODUS, who passed away this past weekend after suffering a massive stroke:

“PAUL BALOFF...MEMORIES BY KIRK HAMMETT

“Well, when I was about 18 years old I was looking to form a band based on all my favorite hard rock bands, 'cuz back then heavy metal was something that wasn't exactly heavy metal. Back then it was called hard rock, 'cuz there weren't really many bands collection bands who were known as heavy metal bands, back then they were known as hard rock bands. I was looking to form a band based on my favorite band UFO, and I was trying to find musicians who were into the same stuff I was UFO, IRON MAIDEN, MOTORHEAD, JUDAS PRIEST, VENOM. So one night I was at a party in Berkeley and I saw this guy, and he had an IRON MAIDEN button on, and I came up to him and I said, 'Hey man! Are you into IRON MAIDEN?' He goes, 'Oh they rule!' I go, 'What's your name?' He goes, 'My name's Paul Baloff.' I go, 'Ever heard of UFO?' He goes, 'Yeah, I've heard of UFO,' and started singing 'Rock Bottom' to me. And 'Rock Bottom' was one of the songs I was interested in covering in my band.

“So I said, 'Well hey man, give me your number and we'll jam.' And so he gave me his number and the next day he came down and he sang with the early version of EXODUS, and yes, sang 'Rock Bottom'. And you know, he didn't have the best voice in the world but he had tons of charisma, was the funniest guy in the world, he knew the music and he knew what we were shooting for… and that was good enough for me.

“The great thing about Paul was when we played our first show, a Metal Monday at the Old Waldorf, it was actually the first time we had played with METALLICA, too. I was just so blown away by how well he worked the stage, I mean, for someone who had very little band or stage experience, he really knew what he was doing and felt very comfortable on stage. He was just a great frontman, and like I said, you know, for all the short-comings he had in the vocal department, he made up for it in pure charisma. He said the funniest things on stage and was just one of the funniest guys I knew.

“I think one of the best memories I have of Paul was one night when we were sitting around in his car drinking vodka, straight from the bottle, listening to VENOM and MERCYFUL FATE and we were drunk and we were just saying how much we loved each other and how great it was to finally have a band playing the type of music we wanted to play. And we all of a sudden decided that we should just immortalize it, and so someone whipped out a razor blade and we started cutting up our hands. In fact, there's my scar right there if you can see it (points to scar -ed). Can you see that scar? Anyway, I cut my hand, Gary Holt cut his hand, Tom Hunting cut his hand and Paul Baloff cut his hand and we all rubbed the blood together and we were all bonded by blood…and shortly after that came the song 'Bonded By Blood'.

“But yeah, that scar right there is in memory of Paul Baloff now. He was just a great guy, a great person, and he was one of the most extreme frontmen I knew, or I should say he grew to be one of the most extreme frontmen in metal, I think. If you weren't totally metal you would be ostracized by Paul from the stage. He would point people out and say, 'You're a fag, get the hell out of here,' or 'That guy's not banging. Kick his ass.' He kind of fostered that whole attitude of being just really extreme and he lived for metal.

“Last Friday I got a call from my brother in law saying that he was in the hospital, so I called the hospital. Actually I got a hold of Rick Hunolt, who was the other guitar player in EXODUS along with Gary (Holt) and he told me that Paul just went for a bike ride, came back, his girlfriend went down to lock up the bikes and by the time she came back up he was already in the throws of a seizure. So they called 911, they brought him to the hospital and he was already deep in it and by the time I spoke to Rick he said there was no brain activity. So I pretty much knew that when that happens there's no turning back, there's only one way to go.

“And you know it's a big loss, at least in my life it is, because Paul set me on my way to a certain extent. He was the one missing link in my first metal band and when I had found him, I thought to myself, 'All we can go is up from here.' He was just an amazingly funny guy, very intelligent, very loyal, he would do anything for his friends.

“It's just a shame and I'll miss him, but at least we have the first EXODUS album, thank God for that!

“One of my favorite Paul Baloff lines was, when he was introducing an EXODUS song on their last live album the line went 'This song is older than shit, heavier than time.' I thought that was such a great line.

“That's the way I like to think of him…heavier than time.

“See ya, Paul.”

To view a video clip of the entire spoken-word version of the above message, go to METALLICA's official web site at this location.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

MARILYN MANSON: Collaboration With KORN's Davis - Feb. 7, 2002

MARILYN MANSON has posted the following journal entry via the group's official web site at www.marilynmanson.com:

“I'm not in the studio today, so I am painting a picture that is inspired by a recent magic show that I attended.

“In the world of DVD's, ours is being finished despite delays. The disc itself will contain much more than the concert pay-per-view which is being rescheduled. The DVD goes like this:

BONECHURCHPRAGUEPOPEVATICANPOLICENYC
    LONDONJOHN5NAKEDDENVERFIRECOPSDRUGS GIRLSONTOURBUSWITHINFLATABLEKIDDIEPOOL RUSSIALIVEBABOONSLOUDMUSICOZZFESTFIRE DRUGSCOPSBLOODHOSPITALJAPANFANSNUDITY
    SMASHINGPUKINGROCKINGCOPSBOMBTHREATS
    and so on.

“I'm seeing [KORN frontman] Jonathan Davis this week but there was never a definite collaboration, just a rumor. We had a good time working together again.

“This journal will indeed be filled with video entries and still photos in the future. But for now I think I've said enough. I'm back to work.

“MM”

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

HALFORD's New Album To Include All-Acoustic Track - Feb. 7, 2002

HALFORD's as-yet-untitled sophomore studio release will include an all-acoustic track accompanied by no other instrumentation except for the voice of mainman Rob Halford, according to a transcript of yesterday's online chat with the former JUDAS PRIEST singer. HALFORD are currently finishing up the recordings for the long-awaited release and have begun mixing the already-completed tracks at a nearby studio, with the album still around four weeks away from being completely done. Due to be issued in late spring/early summer, the CD will likely include a new track called “Dead Men Talk”, among others.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

THE CULT "Dropped" By Label, "Over" As A Group - Feb. 7, 2002

THE CULT have been dropped by Lava/Atlantic Records and are, for all intents and purposes, no longer functioning as a group, according to drummer Matt Sorum, who was quoted via a fan posting on the band's official message board at www.thecultnet.com. If the account is to be believed, the real reason behind the capitulation has less to do with the fact that the group's seventh studio album, last year's acclaimed Beyond Good & Evil, was a commercial failure, and more to do with the fact that guitarist Billy Duffy and vocalist Ian Astbury “are at it again”. Matt reportedly said that the two cannot find a middle ground on anything and had huge blow-ups about how Beyond Good & Evil needed to be handled in creative and marketing terms. Astbury will reportedly record a solo album, while Billy is going to do another album with COLORSOUND, the side project he'd formed with Mike Peters (guitars/vocals, THE ALARM), Craig Adams (bass, THE MISSION) and Scott Garrett (drums, ex-THE CULT), which released a self-titled debut album through 21st Century Records/Sanctuary Music back in 1999. Sorum himself has completed work on a solo album and is looking to get it released by May.