Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

JUMP, RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL&LOVE COMES WALKING IN
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ACCORDING TO THE OFFICAL STEPHEN KING WEBSITE THERE ARE NOT ONE BUT TWO MORE BOOKS IN THE STEPHEN KING DARK TOWER SERIES THAT ARE SET FOR A FALL 2003 LAUNCH AS OF THE LAST TIME THEY UPDATED THE WEBSITE. THIS MEANS THAT WE CAN READ MORE AOBUT JAKE, OY, ROLAND, TED B. FROM HEARTS IN ATLANTIS AND OTHER GREAT CHARACTERS. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE SERIES FOR THE IDEA OF KA AND THE IDEA OF THE BEAM. ALSO THE CHARACTER OF ROLAND IS SO TOTALLY COOL MY BROTHERS AND MY HIGHLY INTELLIGENT SISTERS OUT THERE. IF YOU TIHNK AOBUT IT. HE WAS TRICKED INTO KILLING HIS MOTHER. HE WATCHED AS THE GREASTEST OF ALL COMMUNITES, GILEAD FELL DEAD AS A DOORKNOB; HE GOT A VISION AND SAW HIS CHILD BURNED AT THE STAKE; HE CARRIESTHE BURDEN OF BEING THE LAST OF A NOBLE AND GREAT MANLY BREED OF HUMAN AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF HE WAS ATTACKED AND LOST SOME OF HIS FINGERS! YET SOMEHOW THIS POWERFUL CHARACTER IS SO FOCUSED ON HIS BELIEFS THAT HE WILL GO ON WITHOUT COMPLAINING TO THE DAY HE DIES. I THINK ROLAND, SON OF STEVEN IS A GREAT CHARACTER AND A EVEN BETTER ROLE MODEL. WHAT THE HULKAMANIAC IS WONDERING IS WHO IS YOUR FAVORTIE CHARACTER IN THE DARK TOWER SERIES OR IF YOU HAVE OTHER GREAT STEPHEN KING CHARACTERS THAT YOU LIKE, TYPE THEM INTO THIS TPOIC AS WELL. AFTER ALL STEPHEN KING IS WITOHUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT ONE OF THE BEST WRITERS OF ALL TIME. AS ALWAYS THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER THANKS ALL OFTHE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OUT THERE FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THISTOPICAND POST A REPLY. THANK YOU...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

"A GEM...SUPERB" - SAN FRAN EXAMINER

"FRIGHTENING...FEVERISH TERROR"- NEW YORK TIMES

"GRIPPING...COMPELLLING...KING MESMERIZES THE READER"

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hit the caps lock button buddy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My God will someone please make HulkaIdoit turn off the freaking CAPS LOCK

[ May 03, 2002 at 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]</p>
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hulk, despite the cap lock thang you got happening I like your taste! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I love Stephen King, and I really enjoyed that series. I think based on what you've written, that I've missed an edition or two. I'm glad to see that he's written a couple more.
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

to LA. sorry aobut the caps. sometimes i do not pay attention if caps are on or not. i actually find it easier to read on small screens with the caps on sometimes. so far mr. king has written four books on the dark tower series and has made mention of the dark tower world in many others. i am not a big reader or anything like that but i love his work. i am hopingthat he never stops writing because i think he has a lot of talent compared to just a regular guy like myself.

_______________________________-

"I DON'T WANNA BE BURIED IN A PET CEMETARY"- RAMONES

"KA" - STEPHEN KING

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Randall Flagg has gotta be up there with the best of King's characters. I'm just waiting for him to reappear at some point. Hey Hulk, have you read Black House? Pretty cool sequel to The Talisman. Speedy Parker, aka Parkus in the Territories, talks about Roland. Apparently the Territories are connected to Roland's world. Pretty neat-o.
    Ni h-eibhneas gam Chlainn Domhnaill

Test5150
    Yep, Roland's my favorite SK character too. Can't wait for the next Dark Tower [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Did any of you read Hearts In Atlantis and then see the movie? When they made the movie, they left out about 2/3 of the book (including a great many DT references).

Good Enough
    Last Online

08.17.07 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by HippieLettuce:
    Randall Flagg has gotta be up there with the best of King's characters. I'm just waiting for him to reappear at some point. Hey Hulk, have you read Black House? Pretty cool sequel to The Talisman. Speedy Parker, aka Parkus in the Territories, talks about Roland. Apparently the Territories are connected to Roland's world. Pretty neat-o.
    I'm reading Black House right now! Excellent!!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Doesn't Randall Flag appear in the Stand?

Hulk, don't worry about the cap locks... it's not a big deal to me... especially if it helps you to read better! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do I know you from somewhere else??
    "May you die at age 128, in bed, shot to death by a jealous lover" DLR 2002

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Chelle:
    Yep, Roland's my favorite SK character too. Can't wait for the next Dark Tower [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Did any of you read Hearts In Atlantis and then see the movie? When they made the movie, they left out about 2/3 of the book (including a great many DT references).
    i was very pissed when i saw the commericals and realized that the whole point of the book was being cut out. i have not seen the movie yet. it is a shame becasue there is some real good stuff in there. if you liked that book you sohuld try dreamcather. it has a different plot but has the friendship thing and the growing up thing and these friends are verytight and have some funny conversations

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

to la and hippie lettuce i did read black house and loved it. it seems that all of king's worlds intersect and the tower is the spot or is it the rose in the yardwhere the deli was? as far as good characters i tihnk you may see flagg again. i may be wrong but isn't flagg and the crimson kingthe same person or the same evil. flagg has been in two books, the eyes of the dragon and stand but he is a ultimate evil that is always around. is not the crimson king the same thing? also if you want a good king book try the girl who loved tom gordon. it is a very short one by king's standarts but the story is very gripping. even if you are not baseball fans you will love the tale and like a baseball game with nine innings of play, this story has nine innings that take you on a rollarcoaster ride and back again

"let me confirm it" - big guy

"what ya gonna do" - hollywood hulk hogan

"trying to find a better life becasue that is all you need" - d.d. wood

Test5150
    Originally posted by THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER:
    i was very pissed when i saw the commericals and realized that the whole point of the book was being cut out. i have not seen the movie yet. it is a shame becasue there is some real good stuff in there. if you liked that book you sohuld try dreamcather. it has a different plot but has the friendship thing and the growing up thing and these friends are verytight and have some funny conversations
    Yeah, I read Dreamcatcher....it was fantastic. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Very disappointed in Hearts In Atlantis (the movie)....a great big waste of the talents of Anthony Hopkins if you ask me.

[ May 06, 2002 at 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Chelle ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Reviving the Dark Tower thread, if it do ya' fine.

So... who's reading the series? I'm on the final book right now. I burned thru book 6 in two days.

I don't want it to end!
    Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    So... who's reading the series? I'm on the final book right now. I burned thru book 6 in two days.

I don't want it to end!
    Shari
    I read 'em. IMO, the last 3 books felt kinda forced. They definitely had their moments, but but there ended up being a whole lot of untapped potential due to King's need to finish it. I'm glad he finally did finish it. My absolute favorite book in the series was 'Wizard & Glass'. None of the others came close to it.

I'd like to talk to you about how it ended after you finish. There was a part of it that bothered me.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 1,609 Times in 991 Posts

Donor

Uh oh...Dark Tower thread resurfaces.

Epic King. The last few months I've been visiting a writer's forum where DT is talked about extensively.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I haven't ever bothered to read them (not to sound any offencive at all). I am a huge fan of Mr King, and I would name him as a major influence on my writing in the first place, I think that some of his books, like Langoliers, are just masterpieces of the Sci-Fi genre. But when I see annotations like 'This Book is The LOTR of our days', I just go to the next shelf. I've read King's/Straub's attempt on a LOTR killer aka Talisman and though I liked it when I was 12, after reading that year ago I had absolutely nothing positive to say about it. Good if it all was Peter's fault, but anyway fantasy is not the highlight genre for King in my book.
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 03.09.05 at 04:26 PM.