Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some advice for people in college here who go to schools that have shitty pluralism & diversity requirements which force you into classes that you hate and have nothing to do with making money or putting food on the table: If you're a male, NEVER take a women's studies class - EVER.

It sounds like hell and it is. Mine is 3 hours long 1 day a week and I'm hated just because I'm a guy. I'm forced to work in groups with these belligerent feminists and it's horrible. I'd rather fall down a flight of stairs and break every bone in my body than have to go to this class. Whenever I'm called on I hear :sighs: from everyone before I even speak, no one ever listens to me in group discussion because I'm a guy, and worst of all, they consider ME to be the enemy. Some lesbian bitch in the class actually said it outloud. She said "the typical white male as seen sitting across the room with the Yankee hat is the type that revels in power and keeping women in subordination." I was like WTF? You talking to me? You don't even know me you bitch...

Hell, absolute hell... that's what it is.

Last Online

01.24.08 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hell indeed! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I avoided all "women's" courses with a passion in school. They are nothing but trouble and hardly represent most women. I am sorry to hear that you are being openly attacked just for being male. My advice is to consistently take the high road and refuse to shrink back or stoop to their level. If a bunch of classmates rudely sighed every time I started to speak, I would call them on it RIGHT THERE as a preface to my remarks! Good luck.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Some advice for people in college here who go to schools that have shitty pluralism & diversity requirements which force you into classes that you hate and have nothing to do with making money or putting food on the table: If you're a male, NEVER take a women's studies class - EVER.

It sounds like hell and it is.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think homeunit has had this same class [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok, two chicks have posted....the rest of you dudes are safe to post now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Go to your next class armed with a few DLR quotes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:

It sounds like hell and it is. Mine is 3 hours long 1 day a week and I'm hated just because I'm a guy. I'm forced to work in groups with these belligerent feminists and it's horrible. I'd rather fall down a flight of stairs and break every bone in my body than have to go to this class. Whenever I'm called on I hear :sighs: from everyone before I even speak, no one ever listens to me in group discussion because I'm a guy, and worst of all, they consider ME to be the enemy. Some lesbian bitch in the class actually said it outloud. She said "the typical white male as seen sitting across the room with the Yankee hat is the type that revels in power and keeping women in subordination." I was like WTF? You talking to me? You don't even know me you bitch...

Hell, absolute hell... that's what it is.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been there, done that. I was the only guy in the class to.

Some of these people give women a bad name. Militant bitches who whine about how everything from their hangnail to their shitty lot in life is my fault! Fuck them! Get of your fat, peirced, tatooed asses and do something about it if you have it so hard! How the hell do you think the rest of us make it? Pissing and moaning will get you nowhere.

I had hoped that we would've spent our class time discussing solutions, but they can't get passed blaming white males for everything.

This one used to come to class all the time with a wide fishnet shirt on with no bra, and had the nerve to complain about how she feels objectified?? Fuck her!

I'm a feminist, but these idiots where a dicrace to women.

Sorry for the rant, but it was a horrible experience.

Most women I meet are NOT anything like this, and I love them, but these monsters....Ugh [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

and that's all I have to say about that!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Jonathan:
    Go to your next class armed with a few DLR quotes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, tell that dyke "Hey, I'll fuck your girlfriend palllll" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Bitch.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, my advice is to speak your piece, when you speak with conviction, they will realize that you are right. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

watch and learn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That's my suggestion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(there's always a bad apple in every crowd) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] man or woman [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    watch and learn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] That's my suggestion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Women are a lot less complicated than they would like to think they are [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've heard horror stories from women who have taken those classes, about how awful they are.

I really hate all the diversity courses many universities require now. What a load of shit. All they do is cement opinions, one way or the other.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright this is cool... after reading everyone's responses I've come to the conclusion that I'm not out of line hating this class. I might have to start slinging some mud next wednesday - maybe I'll get the DLR quotes going. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude, you're totally not out of line. don't just sit there and let them throw shit at you though, man!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought about takin' one of those courses as a way to hook up with chicks when I was in school, but thought, nah, alcohol works faster!

Hopefully you still have the option to drop the course & find another that'll meet your requirements.

MikeL's right in saying this won't change your or their opinions anyway.

You gotta let it out at some point, so have some cutthroat, mean-spirited fun! I'd also go with the Dave quotes, or even recite some of Dave's suggestive lyrics ( Hot For Teacher, Everybody Wants Some, Full Bug, etc). Let 'em know you wanna be a gynecologist, and BS 'em that this is a requirement (as in Dr. Alex Van Halen)!

If they use the Tailhook scandal--use a comeback like "you feminazis wouldn't be ALLOWED near the gauntlet!"

Tell the cunt even she looks good--sucking your cock! It's not constructive, but nothing's gonna get accomplished (for her) anyway, except you'll have vented--there's the accomplishment! [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

If the weather gets warm again for you, I'd even ball-walk to the class (nutsack hangin' out of your pants) [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img] --unless your school has some code of conduct against that kind of thing! Then all bets are off.

If they think you're a male chauvinist, might as well go whole hog!

[ October 05, 2001 at 08:02 AM: Message edited by: NE169 ]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Oh boy...

I've never taken any of the evil classes, but...

I have an UNCLE in New York, who is a PROFESSOR of women's studies and gender studies!

BTW, he's favorite uncle and I love him. He doesn't have a lot of money (still paying back for years and years of school) but he always gets us Christmas presents, and he plays guitar and digs EVH, too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But I've never really asked him about his job, and whether it involves making innocent college boys feel like shit. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] That SUCKS, dude.

Can you drop the class, or do they require that you have to take THAT particular women's studies?? My school's distribution requirements are like, after you finish your major requirements, you need to take an equal amount of arts/humanities, math/science, and social science. Pretty much anything falls into one of these three, so I can take more or less what I want to take. (Unfortunately, it's Northwestern, so every class is hard.)

Is your prof a man or a woman?
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem is that after last Spring I had 114 credits and only needed another 12 to graduate this December. So as I was picking my classes I found that I was missing 2 classes under the pluralism and diversity req. (women's studies and race type classes) and needed to make them count toward my major. For some odd reason Women's Studies in Media was one of the only classes that fit what I needed and fit my schedule. My minor is economics and I had to make sure that I could find a class that didn't conflict with the economics dept. schedule since my major was almost done.

I went into this knowing that it would suck but not this bad. The teacher is a woman but actually really isn't as militant and miserable as everyone else in the class is. It's like a poodle leading a bunch of bulldogs. BTW, I was assigned to read this article called "Whose pussy is this?" LOL, how the hell are you supposed to take something with that title seriously??

Also, it's too far into the semester for me to drop this class and pick something else up. I could drop it but I would never be able to find anything to replace it with. My last class before this past wednesday was like the week before the WTC went down. I hadn't had class in about a month because of that and jewish holidays. If I did have class I'm pretty sure I would have ditched this class and found something else.

[ October 05, 2001 at 09:05 AM: Message edited by: AxeSlinger84 ]