Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

This is some freaky shit 'yall!

Officials won't say which agency is making constant flights or explain why

By Kurt Van der Dussen,
    Herald-Times Staff Writer
    It is a plain, white, small plane, a single-engine prop, that has been appearing over Bloomington around midnight, circling the city a few times at relatively low altitude and then flying off. It repeats the route in the early morning and around noon.

Officials are being very close-mouthed about what is going on, despite increasing concern from city residents, several of whom have called The Herald-Times about the mysterious plane and its repeated flights.

One, Andrew Stevens, a Bloomington resident for more than 20 years, said he'd never seen anything like the overflights before. He first noticed the plane at 8:20 p.m. Feb. 19, the night of the Indiana-Iowa men's basketball game, and continued tracking it until 1:20 a.m. the next morning.

"It kind of concerned me," he said, adding that he called several times that night to various locations such as the airport, trying to figure out what the plane was doing.

One traffic controller at the Monroe County Airport told him "everything's cool," and that after checking himself, could say it was government-connected. But "he would not tell me what it was," Stevens said.

Stevens said he noticed it overhead until Friday evening, at which point it finally flew away. That was "Friday night about 6:20 — I thought 'I can take my own terror assessment back down to yellow.'"

"But 10:30 this Monday, it's still going overhead."

And Wednesday, it was there again, circling for long stretches of time.

A spokeswoman for the Chicago regional office of the Federal Aviation Administration would at least say Wednesday that it appears to be related to police work as opposed to anti-terrorism efforts.

Elizabeth Isham Cory of the FAA said "we are privy" to what the flights are and "it sounds like this is a law enforcement surveillance" flight as opposed to a security flight.

However, the FBI and the Indiana state, Monroe County, Bloomington and Indiana University police departments all say they have no aerial surveillance going on.

Monroe County Airport manager Bruce Payton said Wednesday that he knows what the plane is and why it's in the air. But he said he can't reveal what is going on.

"This is a very sensitive situation," he said, adding that while he can understand the public concern, "I can only say that people should not be alarmed by this aircraft. This airplane is in contact with air traffic control."

He said the flights were brought to his attention late last week, and when he checked it out with government agencies he learned what was going on. But he said he was bound not to reveal the source or purpose of the aircraft.

A third confirmation that the flights are something official came from Greg Gaskill, manager of the Terre Haute air traffic control tower, which has jurisdiction over Bloomington air space when the Monroe County Airport control tower is closed at night.

"We would call it a security or police affair. It is legitimate," he said, adding he wasn't at liberty to say any more about it.

In terms of law enforcement surveillance, Monroe County Sheriff Steve Sharp said Wednesday, "I don't have any knowledge of what it is."

Neither did Bloomington Police Chief Mike Hostetler. He said the city police don't have a plane and they don't have any investigations going on that would require one.

The Indiana State Police use small planes for a variety of things such as highway radar-scanning for speeders, flights to spot marijuana fields and remote rural drug labs, and so forth. But Bloomington post commander Lt. Michael Saltsman said Wednesday that to his knowledge it's not a state police plane, either.

He said he got calls about the planes himself, checked it out, and "I can say of a certainty it's not anybody out of our post, and I've called the (Indianapolis) hanger and they say it's not any of our planes."

The FBI likewise reported Wednesday it doesn't have any planes doing surveillance over Bloomington.

But somebody "official" does.

http://www.hoosiertimes.com/stories/...1_JLR05492.sto
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

okay, let's start laying odds. i think ashcroft has got to be the favorite here. who's our darkhorse? is someone going to go 'roswell' in the midwest?

if nothing else, i'm confident in this administration's ability to protect us from bongs and ETs.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dan Quayle re-upped with the Indiana National Guard, that's all. He's got his jump wings and his Ranger Tab and his Scuba bubble and he flys to a remote base deep in the Indiana wilderness to train like Rambo until the phone rings and he's off to Bagdahd.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

When It's Love
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Up Front Fanatics.......................................... .................................................. .........................................I never met a man does'nt owe somebody somethin

"They had me at fuck off".....Track 5 talking bout Glenn and Seenbad when he first posted at the links!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's probably Jon-Jon Kennedy’s ghost plane stuck in some kind of cruel purgatory. The officials as Purgatory Central stated, "Jon Jon must fly and land his plane in Indiana for at least several millennia or until we can figure something else out."

While not Hell, where one of Satan's spokesdemons revealed draft plans for Jon Jon to "perpetually fly Lynard Skynard from Oxford, Mississippi to Tuscaloosa, Alabama " Jon Jon's purgatory in Indiana was said to be "just about right".
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well the good thing is that people are paying attention these days.

The bad thing is that the FBI is too stupid to use a blimp like the DEA does.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300