Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

has anyone seen this movie with tom cruise, penelope cruz, and cameron diaz?! i mean... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] who the hell wrote this shit?1 i loved it! great fuckin movie imo.

penelope is such a little hottie [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

anyone?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I agree with you about the movie it is a great film. I disagree with you about Penelope I find her kinda odd looking and she cant act.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by OLO:
    I agree with you about the movie it is a great film. I disagree with you about Penelope I find her kinda odd looking and she cant act.
    1 outta 2 ain't bad bro!

i dig her accent, if it's real

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Definitely, great movie!! Loved it all the way around, and what a weird ending [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] I love those type of movies though, the ones you actually have to pay attention in!

And yes, miss Penelope is a fine piece of ass. I also didn't think she was that great until I saw 'Blow'. Then, Vanilla Sky just proved to me how smokin' she is! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by strungout:
    Definitely, great movie!! Loved it all the way around, and what a weird ending [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] I love those type of movies though, the ones you actually have to pay attention in!

And yes, miss Penelope is a fine piece of ass. I also didn't think she was that great until I saw 'Blow'. Then, Vanilla Sky just proved to me how smokin' she is! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    she was in a movie called Blow? right on! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    she was in a movie called Blow? right on! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

JMJ
    no no no, I thought that too when I rented it [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] , but it is just a movie about cocaine

[ July 21, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: NxtVanHalen. ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

[spoiler alert]
    I was actually disappointed with the ending. I'm a big Cameron Crowe fan, and I think this is easily his worst film. While it had great visual style, I felt the characters weren't written (especially the David Aames character) three-dimensional enough for the audience to really get attached to them. So essentially, I didn't like any of the characters enough to deeply care about what happened to them. And when you finally get to the movie's "conclusion", it turns out to be a much too contrived Star Trek/sci-fi/mind-fuck twist that left me saying "that was IT?!?"
    [/spoiler alert]

Because of Crowe's excellent directing and keen approach to framing and shooting, I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Unless the only other thing available at your local video store is Joe Dirt, I'd say don't bother with this one.

On a semi-related note: I've said it before and I'll say it again, but Cameron Diaz is one of the most overrated, barely attractive skanks in movies today. Beneath that makeup is one very ugly woman. Gimme Penelope Cruz over her any day.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

ballance
    Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I really liked it but found it kind of weird at the end .Last night i watched Castway and enjoyed it especially after it didnt get very good reviews

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Great movie! There's a ton of "easter eggs" throughout the film that makes repeated viewings so much better!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was good in a weird kinda way. When it ended I felt like this... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] As for Ms Cruz (Is it Cruise yet?) She plays a character very easy to fall in love with. I never liked her much before this movie, but it's her character I liked really, not her. I rate this a 8 on the must see scale.

[ July 22, 2002, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

after hearing all the bad publicity, I was scared to watch it but I liked it. much better than what people said it was going to be.

one thing--I HATE Cameron Diez!!!! I can't stand her and if I have to see her dancing one more time I'll puke--she has a front row seat on the "Celebrities I Hate" Space Shuttle I'm sending to the sun

but how cool was that virtual jazz thinggy he had?
    Imagine having something like that in your house that plays hundreds of artists [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

the ending??--I think they tricked him and he's still sleeping in that chamber
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    [spoiler alert]
    I'm a big Cameron Crowe fan, and I think this is easily his worst film.
    his worst? I hated Jerry Maguire! that's his movie too, right? That is the movie that the "celebrities I hate" will be watching on their one way trip to the sun
    Eat Us and Smile!

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's alright. About a 7 out of 10 on my rating scale. IMO, the best way to describe the flick is that it's a combination of "The Sixth Sense" and "The Matrix."
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by hain23x:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ScottRoberts:
    [spoiler alert]
    I'm a big Cameron Crowe fan, and I think this is easily his worst film.
    his worst? I hated Jerry Maguire! that's his movie too, right? That is the movie that the "celebrities I hate" will be watching on their one way trip to the sun</font>[/QUOTE]Yep, that was his movie, too. I'd rank it somewhere in the middle when comparing all of his movies. Very good, but nowhere near as good as Fast Times or Almost Famous (coincidentally, those were two screenplays that he actually "lived"! )
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Sorry, but I didn't think it was very good. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.