Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

WB, Grey & Pitt Get Internal Affairs Rights
    Monday, February 3, 2003 12:04 CST

Warner Bros. and producers Brad Grey and Brad Pitt have won a shootout for the right to remake Infernal Affairs, the Andrew Lau-directed actioner that was Hong Kong's top-grossing film in 2002, says Variety.

Grey and Pitt will develop the film through the still-unnamed WB company in which they are partners along with Jennifer Aniston. Pitt may play one of two cops who become the central players in a web of deceit, duplicity and brotherhood as cops try to bring down a drug lord.

The story concerns a police captain who tries to weed out a bad cop in his department who's working for a drug lord. Meanwhile the crime boss tries to figure out whether there's a traitor in his midst who's informing for the police.

The studio and producers will look to enlist a director right away to fast-track the film.

[ February 05, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

James Franco Talks Spider-Man 2
    Sunday, February 2, 2003 11:03 CST

'Clint' shared this interview with James Franco that appeared in NW Magazine with him talking about the sequel...

We hear the sequel will give you a more important role.
    Well, in the comics Harry vows vengeance. He eventually finds his father's suit and becomes the second Green Goblin. He also eventually finds out that Spider-Man is Peter Parker and so is thentorn between his friendship with Peter and his anger towards Peter. So, I'm sure it's a possibility but I don't think we want to see another Green Goblin in the second one.

What would they do instead?
    My guess is that Harry will go through some angst and Spider-Man will fight Dr Doom or Sandman or somebody else.

What do you think about Harry transforming from good to evil?
    Harry Osborn doesn't become ... I don't know, evil so much as troubled. The Green Goblin has a madness to him and is taken over by this and Harry, I think, goes in the same direction. His father was his whole life and it was the goal towards which he was striving. And his dad's taken away from him just when he gets acceptance, so he never has that. It spins him off into a sort of madness. So yeah, I guess that's where Harry goes. It's always more enjoyable to do that.

Did you talk to Willem Dafoe about having to take over his role if the Green Goblin were to come back?
    I'll tell you this. I just worked with Nic Cage and we were talking about it and I said, "Well maybe I'm going to have to play the Green Goblin, what do you think?" And Nicolas gave me this great move if it came about. [James claps twice, spins around and shakes his butt.] So, maybe that's what I'll do if I ever do it.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Veteran modern rock act Live is putting the finishing touches on its sixth album and plotting a May or June release through MCA. "It's back to basics for Live," says frontman Ed Kowalczyk of the follow-up to 2001's "V," which is being produced by Jim Wirt (Incubus, Alien Ant Farm). "There's no keyboards. It's really back to rock and roll, man."

"It's back to big guitars and I really think that this is the finest crafted record we've ever done," continues Kowalczyk, speaking of the yet-to-be-titled set in a video post to Live's official Web site from Wirt's Santa Monica, Calif., recording studio. "We're spending a lot of time just getting the sounds really good. Jim's a great producer and the songs are really stripped down and melodic. I think they're wonderful."

Tentative titles include "Run Away," "Heaven," "Life Marches On," "River Run," "Lighthouse," "Like I Do," "She," "Everytime I See Your Face," and "Everyday Lady." After wrapping up work on the new disc, the York, Pa.-bred band will road test material with a short set of East Coast dates in March. Live is also planning an extensive North American tour this summer.

The group, which broke through on the strength of its 5.6-million selling (according to Nielsen SoundScan) 1994 sophomore album "Throwing Copper," has struggled to connect with mass audiences ever since. "V" debuted in October 2001 at No. 22 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 282,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. The single "Simple Creed" featuring Tricky peaked at No. 11 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

Here are Live's tour dates:

March 22: Orlando, Fla. (Universal Studios Mardi Gras)
    March 26: Plainview, N.Y. (Vanderbilt)
    March 27: Lincroft, N.J. (Brookdale Community College)
    March 29: Ithaca, N.Y. (Ithaca College)

-- John D. Luerssen, N.Y.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Morgan Creek on Exorcist: The Beginning
    Monday, February 3, 2003 8:08 CST

Captain Howdy has posted a fan-driven interview with Greg Mielcarz, Head of Worldwide Publicity at Morgan Greek, about Exorcist: The Beginning. Here's a few clips...

Approximately what year does Exorcist: The Beginning take place in, and how old is Father Merrin?
    Most of the action is set in 1947 in the Turkana region of Kenya. There's also a significant flashback to an even earlier period: 1944 in Holland

The voice of the demon was a huge factor in The Exorcist. Is there any idea who will play the demon's voice at this stage, and will it sound the same as Pazuzu in The Exorcist?
    Yes, we do know who will be doing the voice but, no - it will not sound the same. This demon will have its own unique voice.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The Direction Wonder Woman is Headed?
    Monday, February 3, 2003 7:54 CST

Ain't-It-Cool-News has word on the new story Warner Bros. is going with for Wonder Woman. The following clips includes potential spoilers...

At the start, there's this big action scene with Wonder Woman, and her name is Diana...Only she's not the Wonder Woman this film is about because about ten pages in, she dies. And her suit sort of crawls out of the wreck where she died and heads for the nearest city. It finds this girl who's just some normal girl named Donna... [That's Donna Troy] Well, she starts to get these powers, right? She starts changing and doing stuff like smashing doors and flying and... dude, it's SPIDER-MAN with boobs for 20 pages or so. It's just silly. Turns out she's an orphan, but she's not really an orphan, and her mom is Wonder Woman, but she's not really dead. She's in a coma, and when she wakes up, it's just long enough to tell Donna she's an Amazon, too, and then she dies again, and Donna has to become Wonder Woman.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JUDAS PRIEST Axeman Checks Out Former Bandmate At HALFORD's Vegas Gig - Feb. 3, 2003

In what is bound to fuel the JUDAS PRIEST/Rob Halford reunion rumors even further, PRIEST axeman Glenn Tipton was reportedly in attendance with his son at the opening-night gig of HALFORD's current mini-tour at House Of Blues in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday night (Feb. 1).

The following was HALFORD's set list for the Las Vegas performance (not necessarily in exact order):

01. Painkiller
    02. Jawbreaker
    03. Freewheel Burning
    04. Resurrection
    05. Made In Hell
    06. Hearts of Darkness
    07. The Hellion
    08. Electric Eye
    09. Riding On The Wind
    10. Into The Pit
    11. Nailed To The Gun
    12. Golgotha
    13. One Will
    14. Breaking The Law

HALFORD's current touring lineup includes FLOTSAM AND JETSAM bassist Jason Ward as a temporarily replacement for regular HALFORD bassist Ray Riendeau, who is said to have bowed out of the trek due to a scheduling conflict. However, contrary to Riendeau's previous statement, he now appears unlikely to re-join the band in time for the upcoming Japanese tour, which is slated to kick off on Feb. 11 at Tokyo's Shibuya Kokaido.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

CHEVELLE Rumored For OZZFEST 2003 Main Stage - Feb. 3, 2003

CHEVELLE are strongly rumored to have tentatively secured a slot on the main stage at this year's Ozzfest. CHEVELLE performed on the second stage at last year's Ozzfest, and this year the band has more ammunition with the Modern Rock hit "The Red", which is at Number Five on the industry publication Radio & Records' alternative chart.

CHEVELLE just released its second single, "Send The Pain Below", which arrived at stations last week. The accompanying video was shot in Toronto, and it was directed by Robert Hales.

The band will play a few dates with TRUST COMPANY and then head out on a headline tour starting Feb. 10.

CHEVELLE will hit "The Late Show With David Letterman" on March 31.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

POWERMAN 5000 Name New CD, Put Away Space Suits - Feb. 2, 2003

POWERMAN 5000 have set "Transform" as the title for their recently-completed new studio album, due on May 20 through Dreamworks Records. An as-yet-undisclosed first single is scheduled to hit radio sometime in March. According to frontman Spider One, the CD will contain 12 brand new tracks and will include no reworked material from the scrapped "Anyone For Doomsday?" sessions. A pre-release tour is currently being planned, the details of which are expected to be announced soon.

"The band has been rehearsing every day, getting ready for the road," the singer said. "The new songs sound great live!! We can't wait to get back on tour. But don't expect any space suits this time around... The record is called 'Transform' for a reason."

"Transform", which marks the recording debut with the group of new bassist Siggy Sjursen and drummer Adrian Ost, was produced by Joe Baressi (who engineered the group's platinum 1999 album, "Tonight the Stars Revolt!" ) and is said to feature a more melodic and experimental direction for the group, who took advantage of the extra time during pre-production to expand their musical horizons.

"The energy between me, [guitarist] M.33, [guitarist] Adam12 and [drummer] AD7 is undeniable, so expect a less programmed, more 'live' sound," Spider One recently stated. "My vocals are more catchy and melodic — I'm singing much more than I ever have, which is cool. I've had a lot of shit on my mind these last few months, and it's all coming out in my lyrics."

POWERMAN 5000 were scheduled to drop "Anyone for Doomsday?" — their projected follow-up to "Tonight…" — on Aug. 28, 2001, but just two weeks before the release date, the band announced they were heading back into the studio to record new songs for the album. The group's scheduled headlining tour was cancelled, and the album release was postponed indefinitely.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Ex-RATT Frontman To Pen Band Autobiography - Feb. 2, 2003

Former RATT frontman Stephen Pearcy is working on a book called "RaTales", which is set to chronicle the Los Angeles band's rise to fame and eventual implosion due to much-publicized personal differences.

"I've read some things and heard some things from people that say they know us," Pearcy explained to Rock Confidential. "Even some members of the original RATT were saying things that were out of context, not true, or a stretch on the truth. This is rock 'n' roll. You don't have to be truthful in rock 'n' roll, but the truth will come out. Not in a vicious way, but I've decided to let people know what's going on. I read liner notes. My guitar player, Robbin Crosby, died. Somebody puts out a record, slaps it together, I get it and the liner notes are wrong. The song credits are wrong. I'm thinking, 'This guy passes on and this gets thrown out with no consultation with the band. They don't even ask the band if we have any special material that we can actually respect this person with.' I'm really gonna dig into it. I'm going to tell people the truth. People need to know the real branches of the family tree that started as MICKEY RATT. All the information that's out there is whacked. You'll read all about the comings and goings of MICKEY RATT up to the RATT as we know it. There are people out there writing books and they're not mentioning the truth.

"Two years ago I got an injury and decided, 'Hey, this band that we had together that's been out of the picture needs to take a break'," Pearcy continued. "We'd done extensive touring. People were interested, but the record wasn't doing what we wanted. I wanted to re-group. It didn't happen. Long story short, I go in to protect the interest of my music and my band that I started and it turned into a legal mess. It was, 'Fuck you, we're gonna get a singer and move ahead.' Well, OK. It happened. Bottom line, it's ruled a corporation. It's turned into this nasty thing and the war isn't over. That fight was won but with the war is still going on. Members of RATT... I don't know what's going on right now with those people. I still am protecting my interest from people who have so much greed and animosity and no respect for something that was a good thing. RATT was a great band...probably could be. I want to let people know about the good times and how it started...who was involved and that type of thing. It's my life story. This is what happens when you really want something to happen. Sometimes it doesn't happen the way you like. Some of the best bands in the world are no more. Why? You do need to sometimes take steps back to go forward if you haven't been moving ahead constantly. Bands like BON JOVI who are stable know what's going on. There's no constant turmoil and disrespect. There were a lot of great, crazy, fucked-up times and there were a lot of really screwed-up things. 'RaTales' is gonna come out and tell people exactly how it is and how it was. I hope to have it out sometime later in the year."

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by FH:
    The Direction Wonder Woman is Headed?
    Monday, February 3, 2003 7:54 CST

Ain't-It-Cool-News has word on the new story Warner Bros. is going with for Wonder Woman. The following clips includes potential spoilers...

At the start, there's this big action scene with Wonder Woman, and her name is Diana...Only she's not the Wonder Woman this film is about because about ten pages in, she dies. And her suit sort of crawls out of the wreck where she died and heads for the nearest city. It finds this girl who's just some normal girl named Donna... [That's Donna Troy] Well, she starts to get these powers, right? She starts changing and doing stuff like smashing doors and flying and... dude, it's SPIDER-MAN with boobs for 20 pages or so. It's just silly. Turns out she's an orphan, but she's not really an orphan, and her mom is Wonder Woman, but she's not really dead. She's in a coma, and when she wakes up, it's just long enough to tell Donna she's an Amazon, too, and then she dies again, and Donna has to become Wonder Woman.
    Man, that's almost as bad as the Superman script they reviewed a couple of months ago! [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Zwan Tour Dates Leak Out
    02/03/2003

(2/3/03, 12 p.m. ET) -- Zwan, fronted by ex-Smashing Pumpkins leader Billy Corgan, will apparently start its first U.S. tour in March.

Six dates, beginning March 20 in Minneapolis, have appeared on various websites. However, no word of the tour was posted on the band's own site at press time. Zwan has dates in Europe and Japan scheduled for February.

Zwan's debut album, Mary Star Of The Sea, was released on Tuesday (January 28) and is expected to debut in the upper regions of the Billboard chart next week.

Zwan Tour Dates (subject to change):

March 20 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue (on sale now)

March 21 - Milwaukee, WI - Rave/Eagles Ballroom (on sale February 1, 11 a.m.)

March 22 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant (on sale now)

March 24 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre & Ballroom (presale begins January 31)

March 25 - Toronto, ON - Kool Haus

March 28 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom (on sale February 1)

-- Dave Ankers, New York

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Had to add this FH

Rock music impresario Phil Spector charged with murder
    Monday, February 3, 2003

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Phil Spector, the record producer whose "Wall of Sound" backed up rock groups from the Ronettes to the Ramones, was charged with murder Monday in the early morning shooting death of a woman at his suburban home.

The reclusive producer -- also known for his work with the Beatles -- was arrested at his sprawling home in Alhambra, California, after a report of a shooting about 5 a.m. Monday (8 a.m. EST).

Neighbor Susan Georgino said she heard what sounded like firecrackers shortly after 5 a.m., and said her dog was "going crazy" after the noise.

"When the officers arrived," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Faye Bugarin, "they discovered that a female had been shot inside the location. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene."

The victim's identity has not been released.

Investigators were still at the sprawling, walled residence, known as Pyrenees Castle, Monday afternoon. Spector's black Mercedes sedan, its driver's side door standing open, was encircled by yellow crime scene tape.

Authorities at the scene said up to 25 officers are investigating the case and have obtained a warrant to search the house.

Bail for the 62-year-old Spector was set at $1 million on the first-degree murder charge. Prominent defense attorney Robert Shapiro told CNN he is representing Spector. Shapiro was part of football star O.J. Simpson's winning legal team in his 1995 murder trial.

No court appearance was immediately scheduled.

Attorney Marvin Mitchelson, a close friend of Spector's, told The Associated Press the producer lived alone and didn't have a girlfriend.

Mitchelson said he and Spector had been trying to put together a movie about Spector's life. "His mental state has been great -- very rational, very together," the attorney said.

'Wall of Sound' creator
    Georgino said Spector's home once was a 28-room hotel.

Another neighbor, Steve Morales, described Spector as "very quiet, other than maybe having a few parties."

Spector's trademark was the layering of instrumental tracks and percussion dubbed the "Wall of Sound," which underpinned a string of hits on his Phillies label in the early 1960s.

The roaring arrangements were the heart of what he called "little symphonies for the kids" -- among them No. 1 hits like the Ronettes' "Be My Baby" and the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That Loving Feeling."

Spector co-produced The Beatles' final album, "Let It Be," and worked with ex-Beatles George Harrison and John Lennon on solo projects -- including Lennon's song "Imagine" -- after the group broke up. His recording of Harrison's 1971 benefit concert for war relief in Bangladesh won the 1972 Grammy award for Album of the Year.

The last major album he produced was The Ramones' "End of the Century," in 1980.

Spector married Ronettes singer Veronica Bennett in 1968, but the couple divorced in 1974.

In October, New York's state Supreme Court threw out a $3 million award against Spector in a lawsuit filed by his ex-wife and the other two members of the Ronettes, seeking royalties for the sale of their recordings for use in movies and commercials.

-- CNN Correspondent Paul Vercammen and Producer Michelle Harrosh contributed to this report.

2003 Cable News Network LP, LLLP.
    An AOL Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.
    Terms under which this service is provided to you.
    Read our privacy guidelines. Contact us. All external sites will open in a new browser.
    CNN.com does not endorse external sites.
    Denotes premium content.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Thanks, Dc!

Peter Jackson Would Seriously Consider The Hobbit
    Tuesday, February 4, 2003 3:22 CST

The Sydney Morning Herald has published a great article talking about how Peter Jackson and The Lord of the Rings production have worked over the last few years. In the article, director Peter Jackson addresses rumors that he was not interested in making The Hobbit as well...

What's next for Jackson? He says he has six or seven ideas for movies, "all of them small." But he denies rumours that he has refused to direct The Hobbit, the first Tolkien Middle-earth book, which served as a prologue to The Lord of the Rings.

"Part of me would love to have somebody else make The Hobbit, so I could watch it as an audience member," Jackson says. "On the other hand, it would feel odd.

"Nobody has asked me to do it, but if they did, I would give it serious consideration."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

You can add another one to the growing list of projects going from game to film. Scooper 'Hellhamster' alerted us to an article in Danish Financial newspaper Borsen which talks about Hitman heading for the big screen. Here's a translation of the article...

The Danish computergame 'Hitman' is facing its big breakthrough. As we are speaking, serious negotiations are taking place between several production companies in Hollywood and representatives from the Danish company 'IO Interactive', who developed the game, about turning the franchise into a feature film.

The game, that has so far been released in two versions, has already made IO Interactive worldfamous among computergamers.

'Hitman - Codename 47' has sold more than 600.000 copies and was nominated as 'best computergame' in 2001 by The British Academy of Film & Television Arts.

'Hitman 2 - Silent assasin' has sold more than 1.750.000 copies and was recently nominated 'game of the year' by The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science.

"Its not a question of whether or not we are going to Hollywood. It's a question of when," says the Director of Finance Morten Borum from his office at IO Interactive in Copenhagen.

He refers to the fact that it is the company's international distributor EIDOS who is doing the negotiations in Hollywood, but points out:

"EIDOS has made movies with Paramount before, so I guess there is a good chance that they'll produce this movie as well".