Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Did you guys and gals see the news tonight? That crazy bastard who was high and drunk ran over a group of people. Killing I think four. Did anybody see this? What was surprising was the stats they gave on how often this type of thing happens. It was surprisingly high. It was well over 200 incidents in like the past 5-7 years. Most of them were cops who were hit by pissed off people or criminals trying to escape. I guess now we're going to have to deal with some special interest group trying to ban motorized vehicles.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Driving is certainly a responsibility that some people just don't seem ready for.

A week or so ago here in Alberta, a drunk driver hit a vehicle and killed 5 people, among them a 22 day old baby who had gone through a difficult child birth and her mother. Even sadder (if that's possible) is that family members of these 5 dead people were following right behind them on the highway, and saw the whole accident happen.

I guess some lessons come the hard way, but that's not much consolation to these people who've lost so much.

------------------
    More perks than Elvis' night stand!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would go as far as saying that as much as 75% of all car drivers should not be on the road. Should we let these people operate 1.5 tonne lumps of metal capable of speeds as fast as 200km/hr? Out of the many people who are charged with "assult with a deadly weapon" the "deadly weapon is mostly their car. And they are weapons. My sister is a doctor and she did a term in Emergency and ICU and she told us about the car incidents - basically there were half a dozen to a dozen fatalities every night! And this is in Newcastle (basically a big country town)! I really think that (now that I have my license) they should make it even tougher to get your license - like tests of co-ordination and reaction times. There's too many innocent passers by getting killed by drunk or high cocksuckers opperating cars!

------------------
    RD

"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The real thing regarding cars that we should be seriously considering is alternate power sources. We've had electric cars since 1909. However, how many do we have on the market. Yes MikeL and Ford. I'll give you this one. The oil companies are behind this one. We need to experiment with alternate power sources and fast to help combat pollution and provide for an easier transition down the road (no pun intended) when our oil is gone.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Funny that you mention that, Hooligan. I bought a Bravada last week, and it's in getting some work done at the dealership now. The loaner they gave me is a Toyota Prius. It's one of those new hybrid cars. Talk about dangerous to drive, Gully! This little thing has a little touchscreen LCD in it that shows you all kinda goodies. Neat stuff. Not the most practical car for me, but it's got a lot of technogoodies in it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I thought this was going to be a pro- Ralph Nader thread.

------------------
    "1989" - Maya's Van Halen Page

"Have romantic music on in the background. Whatever you do - do NOT play 'Spanked' by Van Halen." - JWS_5150

Last Online

What I forgot to mention is that this guy supposedly ran into this group of people intentionally. Someone videotaped what happened after he did this. The bastard got out of his care and statred jumping up and down, yelling, and trying to start fights with the other people still standing around. Needless to say about 3 to 4 dudes jumped his ass and started to beat him down, that is until the cops showed up. The kid who killed these people is the son of the guy who directs the Alley McBeal show.

------------------

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A guy here in Dayton trying to flee an armed robbery almost ran over a cop...he was shot by the other cop...

This shit happens all the time.....I don't want to get in my preaching mode.....but most crimes...involve drugs in some way

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw on Dateline the aftermath of this incident....the guy has mental problems and his dad even wrote him a letter expressing his concern over having a car.
    The guy was running around picking fights
    while the dead people just lay there.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    I saw on Dateline the aftermath of this incident....the guy has mental problems and his dad even wrote him a letter expressing his concern over having a car.
    The guy was running around picking fights
    while the dead people just lay there.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mental Problems, huh? Most of the people in this world that have a problem, whatever the source or cause, find a rational way to deal with it. This insanity defense is bullshit!!
    Give 'em the chair!! (Lethal injection is a candy-ass way to die) Crazy people fry up just as nice and crispy as sane ones do.

Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigBadBrian:

Give 'em the chair!! (Lethal injection is a candy-ass way to die) Crazy people fry up just as nice and crispy as sane ones do.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah!!! Crispy just like a tater tot.

------------------