Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I have been having a lot of shit to deal with from Verizon, and I was curious if anyone else here is getting screwed like I am... Here's my story:

I had Verizon for phone service and DSL a couple of years ago when they were still GTE. I cancelled all services with them in January of this year (11 months ago). About two weeks after I cancelled my DSL service, I receive a brand spanking new DSL modem and a congratulatory letter for being a new customer. I was polite when I called them, and I was told that if I didn't return the modem within thirty days, I would have to cough up almost $200. There was no retun lable in the box, so I forked over a little cash for shipping it back.

About a month after that I receive a bill for DSL service. Go figure... Verizon folk must be sniffing glue. I call them up, and I spend almost three hours running in circles and talking to every level of shit service that Verizon has to offer. Finally I am told the issue would be resolved ASAP.

About two months later, I receive a little PC Camera, and a letter of thanks for my being a brand new DSL customer [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Now, I'm getting pissed. I mark the box as return to sender and write "Verizon sucks" all over it. I figure the people at the posat office might get a kick out of it, and it lets me vent. I later found out from an attorney friend that I could have kept the modem and camera as unsolicited gifts (next time I will!). By now I was under the impression that one of my buds tatooed "FUCK WITH ME" across my forehead...

Back in September I receive a bill for long distance service... Like $3.98... I call up my friends at shithole Verizon, and they laugh it off and say the will credit my "account" which I didn't have with the shits in the first place... Well, the fucking moron with whom I spoke with credited my "account" too late, so I received another bill in October for $.19 for a late fee. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Now I'm pissed. I call them up, and after 30 or 40 minutes, Verizon weasels their way out of it and says they are sorry and will not let it happen again.

I open the mail yesterday, and there is another friggin' bill from Verizon for 19 fucking cents!!!!! OMG! What the hell is wrong with these morons??? I had to spend another 45 minutes talking to a call center supervisor, and for those of us who worked in call centers we know the futility in that. By my calculations, talking and waiting and so on for just the 19 cent bill cost Verizon about $40. What's up with that???Supposedly my "account" has been credited properly...

So, out of curiousity, anyone else have issues with Verizon shit service? I want damages now for time lost and aggrevation. I'm gonna have to go kick the cat now since I am so pissed thinking about it all again...! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Jalapeno, where in TX you at, man?
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Dr. Love:
    You should know, your sending me some DVDs to Dallas come pay day I was peeping at Dave's new site and didn't even think to use the same handle as I do over here [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] (kind of like having a dozen passwords for various systems) It never occured to me connect you from here to there either, but I haven't spent much time over there. Of course, if I would have paid attention to the sig, I would have noticed the kick ass covers you had listed. I'll go to Dave's and change my handle [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] so I don't seem like such a moron...

[ November 14, 2002, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Love:
    You should know, your sending me some DVDs to Dallas come pay day I was peeping at Dave's new site and didn't even think to use the same handle as I do over here [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] (kind of like having a dozen passwords for various systems) It never occured to me connect you from here to there either, but I haven't spent much time over there. Of course, if I would have paid attention to the sig, I would have noticed the kick ass covers you had listed. I'll go to Dave's and change my handle [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] so I don't seem like such a moron...</font>[/QUOTE]LOL...

And yes, those DVDs shall soon be on their way.
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey jal,
    My wife works for Verizon (in Irving). I sent her your post and she's going to try to help you out. She works in a completely different department and it's a huge company, so she may not have any better luck than you did, but she's going to see what she can do.
    Keep your fingers crossed. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

shit 'yall, I got DSL from there and spent three hours on the phone with them trying to hook it up. Woops, they sent the wrong modem.......ok so they send a new one..........nah wrong one..........ANOTHER ONE.........uh need an ethernet card. God, that company is something else. But who cares becuase the account is in my dogs name [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 11,565 Times in 4,929 Posts

This is a very fitting topic today, considering we just dealt with these idiots.

Ok we sadly have to have phone service with Verizon, they suck. At the time we moved in to our place May of 2001, I couldn't get DSL (or cable modem for that matter), so I set up two seperate phone lines; one for the phone and one I could just use to get online.

Ok about 4 months ago, I found out I can get DSL finally again! So I sign up, get the modem, set it up, we're working. Wonderful, I'm happy again. I call them to cancel the second phone line, as we no longer need it. Great, they do it, life goes on.

Then we get a bill next month for like $200 on this phone line we canceled a month earlier, and we're like WTF? And $200? We only used it to do dial up locally to the internet. WTF?! Ok my wife calls Verizon. They screwed up they say and sent the bill to us instead of the person who has the number now. Ok they'll fix it. Life goes on. So today, we get another bill, now it's for $450 on that phone, apparently this dick still has never paid and they're still sending us the bill. And the bill says, pay now or we turn off everything, your DSL, your other phone! So my wife calls again today, they say, "Oh sorry, we made the changes, it should come off your bill for sure this time." My wife says, "You told us that last month, now you're threatening to turn off our real phone and DSL and this line isn't even ours anymore!" They apologize, say it will definitely be off next month. Yeeeaah riiiight.

So I'll report back next month when the bill is $1,000. BTW, since when do they give away an phone old number so quickly? I thought they usually wait like 6 months or so to avoid problems like this. Whatever, Verizon is dumb. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There's only one thing that ever nees to be said about Verizon :

"Can you hear me now?....GOOD." [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfman:

"Can you hear me now?....GOOD." [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    hahahhaa.lol

who's worse? that guy or the fuckin little puke form dell??

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfman:

You know if he was using a real verizon phone it would go a little more like this:
    "Can you hear me now?........................
    ....Guess not...."

BTW the guy from Dell is alot worse. The Verizon guy is annoying, but the Dell guy is just a dumb fuck.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    You know if he was using a real verizon phone it would go a little more like this:
    "Can you hear me now?........................
    ....Guess not...."

LMFAO!!! Too true.

As far as the debate between he and the Dell twat goes, I think the Verizon guy is more annoying. The Dell kid is just a flat -out DORK.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tonto once AT&T customer.
    Tonto hate service. Cost Tonto too much.
    Tonto cancel it.
    Tonto get calls every night for three weeks.
    AT&T beg Tonto to come back.
    Tonto say no.
    AT&T keep calling Tonto.
    Tonto pissed.
    Tonto get even.
    Tonto overpayed last bill by one penny.
    AT&T mail Tonto bill with a one cent credit.
    Every month.
    For next two years.
    Tonto laugh ass off everytime open that bill.
    Tonto found good way to say "fuck you" to phone company.

[ November 15, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Tonto ]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Originally posted by Tonto:
    Tonto once AT&T customer.
    Tonto hate service. Cost Tonto too much.
    Tonto cancel it.
    Tonto get calls every night for three weeks.
    AT&T beg Tonto to come back.
    Tonto say no.
    AT&T keep calling Tonto.
    Tonto pissed.
    Tonto get even.
    Tonto overpayed last bill by one penny.
    AT&T mail Tonto bill with a one cent credit.
    Every month.
    For next two years.
    Tonto laugh ass off everytime open that bill.
    Tonto found good way to say "fuck you" to phone company.
    Tonto genius!
    If I wasn't such a skinflint I'd have to try that next time I get pissed at a company!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:50 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

The AT&T (soon to be Comcast on Monday) bundeled service that I have, (digital TV, Digital phone, and internet) is they way to go.
    VERIZON SUCKS and their wireless system sucks too. (can you hear me now? NO! )
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:
    Tonto genius!
    Tonto don't take shit off no one.

[ November 18, 2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Tonto ]